Kelly Osbourne and Louis Van Amstel

Dade

Kelly.jpg

Kelly Osbourne

PROFESSION:

Singer, actress and media personality

BACKGROUND:

We watched her navigate her way through adolescence on The Osbournes. Here's hoping she's equally as nimble on her toes, on DWTS!

Daughter of rock icon Ozzy Osbourne and well-known TV personality Sharon Osbourne, Kelly made a name for herself by starring in the first ever "celebrity reality" TV show, The Osbournes, alongside her famous family. The show became a huge hit for its portrayal of the crass, close-knit rock and roll clan, and won an Emmy for Outstanding Reality Program in 2002.

Kelly capitalized on her popularity by becoming a sought-after singer, actress and media personality. Her debut music album Shut Up! included a cover of Madonna's "Papa Don't Preach." Her second album, Sleeping in Nothing, was released in 2005 with its first single, "One Word," hitting #1 on all three Billboard Dance charts simultaneously.

Osbourne's dramatic acting debut on the ABC series Life As We Know It earned her rave reviews. Since then, she has worked primarily in the UK, where she's done theater (including a successful run in Chicago in London's West End in 2007) and hosted her own weekly radio show on BBC Radio.

Kelly has also presented numerous international TV projects, including Project Catwalk, the British version of Project Runway, and the 2005 MTV Australia Video Music Awards.

louis.jpg

Louis Van Amstel

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Kelly Osbourne

BACKGROUND:

Trivia time

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wont be a good dancer but will stay around for awhile

vftw

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

wow i didnt expect her to be this good solid 8 finalist if she keeps up the good work

I was very impressed. This is the work ethic that I expect to see from the celebrities on this show. She didn't just flounce around and whine "I'm no good at this". She knew she wasn't good at it, admitted it to her teacher, and then took his direction on how to improve.

Loved it. She is going to go far if this keeps up as she not only danced well, but between her and her parents she captured the hearts of America.

I was SOOOOOO impressed by her. Going into this, I thought 'Oh Man, that brat Kelly Osborne. What a waist!" Now I find myself rooting for her to do well.

She seemed sooo happy to be there... so happy to be alive. I hope this experience really helps her with her inner demons. In the end, those are the stories I like to hear about.

Not too long ago, Sharon had a reversal of a previous weight loss surgery by having her lap-band removed. I was also shocked because when they showed Ozzy, I was wondering why Sharon wasn't there. Then, moments later to my surprise . . . she was sitting right by his side! I am NOT going to throw stones or criticize . . . I was just taken aback.

Ozzy loves her no matter what . . . proof is he married her years ago when she was heavier. She's a good person so as long as she's happy and healthy, it is NONE of my business about her size. Ye who are without sin . . . step on the scale! :animated_rotfl:

osbourne_love.jpg

Ozzy (right) plants a 'kiss' on his wife, Sharon, (left) in

the early years

osbourne_wedding.jpg

Ozzy and Sharon Osbourne (center) celebrate their wedding day with family and friends

Wedding_Dresses.jpg

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne happy in white

on their wedding day

ozzy1.jpg

Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne exchange rings on their wedding day

I was wondering if the cancer may have made her face puffy. I also noticed she is not wearing as much makup.

WTG Kelly I was not a fan of you and your media grabbing as a teenager but you have some a long way baby.

^^^ I had forgotten about her cancer, that might be it........ :lipsrsealed2: ^^^

Now I feel bad......

I thought Kelly was great, maybe this will be the kick in the butt she needs to maintain a healthier lifestyle! Just hope she doesn't lose the snarky attitude!

Ditto to every thing Bruno said. I loved it. If I didn't know going into it that, that was Kelly, I never would have guessed it. Very beautiful.

I also love how touched her family was. Say what you will about the Osbournes, but any family would be blessed if they had an ounce of the love they have for eachother.

Personally, I got teary eyed when Sharon did! I was so happy for Kelly! Many women would LOVE to put on a beautiful dress and do a waltz with a good looking man!! I know I would with Louis. And Louis is the BEST!! When he was on SYTYCD last season and choreographed, he brought the BEST out in his dancers...just like he did with Kelly. Props to Louis--LOVE HIM!!!

Personally, I got teary eyed when Sharon did! I was so happy for Kelly! Many women would LOVE to put on a beautiful dress and do a waltz with a good looking man!! I know I would with Louis. And Louis is the BEST!! When he was on SYTYCD last season and choreographed, he brought the BEST out in his dancers...just like he did with Kelly. Props to Louis--LOVE HIM!!!

I was Happy as a lark when Kelly got Louis. He is the one of the dancers

that I thought would make her do it correctly. She may have been able to

sway some of the younger guys into letting her slide on some footwork. Louis

will not let her miss a hell, or a toe, or a step.

GO KELLY....