Donny Osmond and Kym Johnson

Dade

Donny.jpg

Donny Osmond

PROFESSION:

Singer, actor, TV presenter

BACKGROUND:

We all watched his sister Marie advance to third place in Season 5 of DWTS. Now it's big brother's turn to slip on the dance shoes.

Donny Osmond won the hearts of millions after racking up hits like "Puppy Love," "One Bad Apple" and "Soldier Of Love," as both a member of the Osmonds and as a solo artist. With his sister (and Dancing with the Stars alumna) Marie, they became the youngest co-hosts in prime time history on the iconic ABC variety series Donny & Marie.

Additionally, Osmond was the singing voice of Captain Li Shang in Disney's 1998 animated feature Mulan. He also starred opposite Martin Lawrence and Raven-Symone in the Disney comedy College Road Trip.

Donny and Marie are currently performing at the Las Vegas Flamingo Hotel through 2012. For nearly five decades, Donny Osmond has been a singer, musician, Broadway and film actor, talk show and game show host, best-selling author, and even a champion race car driver.

kym.jpg

Kym Johnson

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Donny Osmond

BACKGROUND:

If you're wondering who to thank for introducing Kym to the world of ballroom dancing, look no further than her immediate family. No, it wasn't her parents. It was her brother! Apparently, he thought dancing would be a good way to meet girls, so Kym was dragged along to the lessons. Way to go, bro!

It wasn't long before Kym was dancing competitively. In December 1998, she and then-partner Tomas Atkocevicius came second at the Australian DanceSport Championships in the Open Amateur Modern Ballroom.

However, we got our first DWTS glimpse of Kym she was paired with Jerry Springer in Season 3. Remember how Kym and Jerry were such fan favorites during their impressive run, which ended with a 5th Place finish? She stepped things up in Season 4 when she dazzled us on her way to a second place finish with Joey Fatone. Loved it!

You could say Kym "got down under" when she appeared on Dancing with the Stars (Australia). She also appeared in several TV ads as well as a sexy modeling shoot for FHM magazine. But even though the camera loves her, you can't keep Kym off the dance floor for long, as she also performed on the world tour of the modern ballroom stage show Burn the Floor.

Other highlights of her successful career include dancing at Elton John's 50th birthday party and appearing in the hit movie Strictly Ballroom. But we'll always love her for Dancing With The Stars!

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Former Australian Amateur Ballroom and Latin champion

Finalist U.K. Ballroom Championships at Blackpool

Burn The Floor world tour

Dancing With The Stars Australia - Seasons 1, 2 and 3

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:

Jerry Springer

Joey Fatone

Mark Cuban

Warren Sapp

David Alan Grier

ABC

Best VPN Service (English Banners)
  • Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wont be a good dancer

but i think he is popular enough to go to at least week 3

No f'ing way. I want him gone first. After the disaster that was Marie Osmond, do we really have to be subjected to more of this family? I'm putting out a plea to all you voters out there. . . don't keep him around. Seriously.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Okay, I know I'm gonna get rotten eggs and tomatoes thrown at me for this, but I liked it! He has great showmanship (duh) and his dance moves were really good for week one. And yeah, I had a total crush on the Donny when I was a young teen!

ETA - Len's score of 6 was TOO low.

trying to watch this and football game

i saw parts of his dance

surprisingly he was better then i expected

i thought he had great confidence

maybe the best or second best guy there

I was surprised by how much fun I had watching him. He really has the ability to engage the audience. I think some of the others show greater potential to be outstanding dancers (with LOTS of practice), but I will enjoy watching Donnie. I wouldn't keep him around JUST because he's an Osmond, Marie's brother, etc. But if the boy can dance, let him stay!

And wow on his sister in the audience. I thought at first, "Is that Marie? No... it couldn't be. That woman is too skinny and looks too young." I was wrong. Holy cow. If she'd looked like that during the competition, she would have gone father than #3.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name