Debi Mazar and Maksim Chmerkovskiy

Dade

Debi.jpg

Debi Mazar

PROFESSION:

Actor

BACKGROUND:

We've seen Debi do her share of dancing to the beat in music videos and on the iconic show Graffiti Rock. Now she's set to show the judges some all new moves on Season 9 of DWTS!

Known for her no nonsense New York attitude, actor Debi Mazar started her entertainment career as Madonna's makeup artist and appeared in several of her music videos.

Since her breakout role in Martin Scorsese's Goodfellas, she has gone on to work with acclaimed Oliver Stone (The Doors), Spike Lee (in Malcolm X), Joel Shumacher (Batman Forever), and Woody Allen (Bullets Over Broadway).Mazar has also appeared on the ABC series Ugly Betty, and on the CW's Privileged.

She currently stars on the HBO series Entourage as the sharp-tongued publicist, Shauna. Debi and her husband Gabriele Corcos host a popular internet cooking show called Under the Tuscan Gun

maksim.jpg

Maksim Chmerkovskiy

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Debi Mazar

BACKGROUND:

"The Bad Boy of the Ballroom" joined the show in Season 2, competing with partner Tia Carrere. We fell for Maks instantly. Known for his bold moves and even bolder mouth, he's the one we love to hate and hate to love.

Maks has come close to getting that shiny disco ball twice. He made it to the finals with boxing champ Laila Ali in Season 4, and finished in second place in Season 5 with Mel B. So close!

Ladies love to look at Maks. "I know my assets so I don't have a problem opening my shirt," the dancer says. "I notice women looking at my chest all the time. If you want to look at my chest, go ahead." Don't mind if we do! And DWTS dancer Karina Smirnoff is a lucky girl

probably out early

i dont think she will be a good dancer

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

not bad but her legs were distracting me 6

i was thinking her or kathy may leave first but i remember this is one of few shows that partners are just as big of stars as the actual celebs

mak is one of the more popular pros

That's odd how the pro's are saving some of the "celebrity" dancers. Ironically. I wish they were all living together and dissing each other. BB has made me mean over the years lol!!!

You've tapped into one of my pet peeves on the show. I hate it when people vote or don't vote for someone based on the professional dancer. I try to base it only on the celebrity. I wish they would switch up the dancers more often so we don't get into the whole "voting for Maks" or other pro dancer thing. I personally think each contestant should work with a different pro each week. It would definitely spice things up. LOL

very good 8. black costume was a bit distracting

but she capture the mode of the dance perfect

where was dancing 5 and that costume 1

I just can't warm up to her -- Maks I could warm up too, but Debi, not so much. Her shoulders seemed very stiff and she looked uncomfortable. I think she tried really hard, but I call a fail.