Aaron Carter and Karina Smirnoff

Dade

Aaron.jpg

Aaron Carter

PROFESSION:

Singer, Actor

BACKGROUND:

He's toured the world and sold millions of records as a teen pop sensation. But can this multi-platinum artist step up to the challenge on the DWTS dance floor?

As a singer-songwriter, producer and actor, Aaron Carter has established himself worldwide as a pop and teen sensation. He's also the younger brother of Nick Carter of the Backstreet Boys.

Beginning his career at the age of eight, Aaron is currently the youngest solo artist to have four Top 40 singles. He's released four studio albums since 1997, two of which have been certified platinum. Carter has appeared on several television series, including Lizzie McGuire and 7th Heaven, and he made his Broadway debut playing JoJo the Who in Seussical the Musical in 2001. Additionally, he contributed songs to the soundtracks for Disneymania, Ella Enchanted, Pokemon and The Rugrats Movie.

In 2006, Carter starred in the E! reality show, House of Carters, which featured all five of the Carter siblings living in the same house.

karina.jpg

Karina Smirnoff

CELEBRITY PARTNER: Aaron Carter

BACKGROUND:

Karina was born in the Ukraine before she made her way to the U.S. with her family at the age of 12. And speaking of her family, we're giving a great big shout out to Karina's folks for getting her started with ballet lessons when she was five. Think they had any idea what they started?!

At the age of nine, Karina was introduced to ballroom dancing and fell in love with it. After high school, she graduated from Fordham University but put her academic studies on hold to pursue her ballroom dancing career in the United Kingdom.

We first fell in love with Karina during Season 3 when she swung into a second place finish with partner Mario Lopez. Not bad for a DWTS rookie. The next season she finished fifth with Billy Ray Cyrus. The two would team up again after their last dance when Karina guest starred on Hannah Montana.

Karina and her former partner Slavik Kryklyvyy shared tremendous success winning the U.S. Championships and many other world titles and were ranked second in the world in the Latin division.

Some of the guys around here were bummin' when they heard fellow pro Maksim Chmerkovskiy popped the question to Karina on New Year's Eve of 2008. The happy couple continued their professional relationship as well, having spent the summer of 2009 performing in Broadway's Burn the Floor. That's great for the theater crowd, but we just can't to see Karina burn the floor on the DWTS stage!

ACHIEVEMENTS:

Five-time U.S. National Champion

World Trophy Champion

Asian Open Champion

PRIOR CELEBRITY PARTNERS:

Mario Lopez

Billy Ray Cyrus

Floyd Mayweather Jr.

Rocco DiSpirito

Mario

Steve Wozniak

ABC

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

should be one of the front runners top 4 and beyond

very rough in spots

i thought he would be better

but has potential

very good 9 should sail to top 4

:animated_wave: hi ilovedaniele

What do you dislike about Karina?

-Kyo

I've never really warmed up to her. Don't get me wrong, she is a wonderful dancer, but there is just something about her I don't like. Although I dislike her less now that she is no longer engaged to Maksom :animated_rotfl: But seriously, I haven't liked her since she has been on the show. I think it was the season she was with Mario that I disliked her the most intensely. She seemed snotty and felt like the judges owed her something.