Chima - Part 2

PauliesGirl

I don't feel any way about you. I just don't get why on a board where in the big scheme of things, we don't matter in the hg's lives at the end of the day, all this hatred is spewed.

I also know where of I speak in the mh realm, but that's why I posted. Not going to go further than that on here.

My opinion is that she needs help. Some ppl need it for a lifetime. CBS was in the wrong here.

One thing I agree with you about is that she does need help her entire life. I also know of where I speak...............

CBS was not wrong. She was.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think you have any idea what you are talking about... I have been through 100x worse than what Chima claimed to have been through and I would never have presented myself like she did. Yeah there are a lot of PTSD folks out there, I am one of them... I was a firefighter and broke my neck while on a routine 911 call (sound familliar) so all of us anti-Chima posters out here are just that... ANTI-CHIMA posters, has nothing to do with being empathetic to another person... especially one that is in need of sympathy and empathy. If we were to be empathetic to every thing that happens to everyone else ALL the time, then we would need to #1 make sure we were wrapped in bubble wrap, #2 be prepared to walk on egg shells 24:7 #3 and just go ahead and rip up the ol freedom of speech clause.... You are entitled to your opinion, stick with it and practic what you preach 24:7... it is IMPOSSIBLE my friend, IMPOSSIBLE. That wanker put herself out there on a nationally syndicated TV show for the world to see and aired her dirty little secrest... Pity Party for Chima... ummm no I will not be RSVPing...

Actually, I do. I don't post on what I don't know about and it's futile to compare 'traumas'.

One thing I agree with you about is that she does need help her entire life. I also know of where I speak...............

CBS was not wrong. She was.

Yay We agree!

Sorta. :animated_bouncy:

I hold all of these reality shows responsible. They know a lot more about these people than we ever will and they make the final decision.

Actually, I do. I don't post on what I don't know about and it's futile to compare 'traumas'.

Yay We agree!

Sorta. :animated_bouncy:

I hold all of these reality shows responsible. They know a lot more about these people than we ever will and they make the final decision.

Buzz wrong answer... it is in no way or means 'futile' to compare traumas. A trauma is a trauma. There are several levels of trauma but a trauma is still a trauma. And since you were the one that has been on your soapbox about PTSD then you should be well aware of that. The only thing that shouldn't be lumped in the same category is individuals. EVERY individul handles their trials and tribulations differently. People seek out professional help, discuss it with others etc... Chima did that and when she did, I was sitting in my chair saying "You Go Girl! Be Strong! I've Been there!"... she merely brought that up for attention. Is there truth behind it? I can't answer that, BUT I am researching it and have since she brought it up and have found NOTHING to back her claims. CBS was by no way wrong in this matter... no one can hold blame except for the person that signed on the dotted line... and that would be Chima.

I can understand how people would be taken in by her at first, Chima pulls off the "strong, black woman" facade fairly well...........it's only when she is cornered & loses control that she shrivels up into a ball inside and resorts to acting like a 2 y/old.

When I chose to play & play hard the power I did earn was completely usurped by a game piece never used before in this game and my HOH reign was rendered useless.

I've seen it stated in several places that Boogie didn't use the power because he didn't want to make enemies. That's not completely true, Boogie didn't use the power because he had no need to use it. At that point of their season he and Will were in complete control and if memory serves me, Boogie was even HOH one of the weeks who could have used it. The power was of no real benefit to him, other than the fact he had it and one of his rivals didn't. Completely different scenario with Jeff.

HG's make a fatal mistake when they start to believe they are more important than the fans of the show. They make another mistake when they make an assumption that everything they do is not seen by everyone watching 24x7.

HG are on the show for one thing, entertainment, the only constant of fairness is that the show keep the fans coming back.

I watched an interview with Jesse last night, he kept complaining that America screwed him twice now, that his strategy was rendered useless. No Jesse, you and Chima for that matter, screwed yourself.The strategy of being a jerk, or natural ability, from week one sealed your fate. Given the fact you didn't learn the lesson from last year proves you never had any chance of winning this game.

Word of wisdom to any potential future HG's, if someone on the "other side" wins AC and you think you've been playing an honest game. Either you're not being truthful to yourself or someone on your side will be screwing you very soon.

Chima is too old to change now. It's sad really. She's going to forever be one of those people who will NEVER budge when she thinks she's right. Even if it is proven beyond a reasonable doubt that she is wrong about something, she will still think she is right. Chima is the type of person who will cut off her lips to spite her face.

Now there's a visual! Might actually be an improvement!

Many of us have had unspeakbly horrible things happen to us in our lives. Me included. Is there baggage that goes along with it... yes. Should we have empathy for her ordeal... of course. Things like this should NEVER happen to ANYONE. Does it give someone free rein to treat people anyway they want? NO! I honestly believe that Chima was a self-centered narcassist before her rape... her personality issues go much deeper than that. The fact that she discussed it on tv in a group of people that she does not really like... proves to me she is an attention seeker. She will say or do anything just to be in the lime light. She was trying to milk her ordeal... which is even more sad.

Buzz wrong answer... it is in no way or means 'futile' to compare traumas. A trauma is a trauma. There are several levels of trauma but a trauma is still a trauma. And since you were the one that has been on your soapbox about PTSD then you should be well aware of that. The only thing that shouldn't be lumped in the same category is individuals. EVERY individul handles their trials and tribulations differently. People seek out professional help, discuss it with others etc... Chima did that and when she did, I was sitting in my chair saying "You Go Girl! Be Strong! I've Been there!"... she merely brought that up for attention. Is there truth behind it? I can't answer that, BUT I am researching it and have since she brought it up and have found NOTHING to back her claims. CBS was by no way wrong in this matter... no one can hold blame except for the person that signed on the dotted line... and that would be Chima.

There are many threads out there that prove the story. He was also executed and that could have been recent, which can cause a backslide of sorts.

I agree that trauma is trauma and was responding to the words about something happening that was 100 times worse. That's eye rolling to me.

I love my PTSD soap box and use it often. Chima acted/appeared to be dealing with hers on a high level early on. I had pointed that out to my husband at the beginning. With some anxiety and excitement thrown in and kaboom!

Many of us have had unspeakbly horrible things happen to us in our lives. Me included. Is there baggage that goes along with it... yes. Should we have empathy for her ordeal... of course. Things like this should NEVER happen to ANYONE. Does it give someone free rein to treat people anyway they want? NO! I honestly believe that Chima was a self-centered narcassist before her rape... her personality issues go much deeper than that. The fact that she discussed it on tv in a group of people that she does not really like... proves to me she is an attention seeker. She will say or do anything just to be in the lime light. She was trying to milk her ordeal... which is even more sad.

you can't say why she said that story as fact. She could have been told to by production., she could have told one person and then decided to just let them all hear it from her. It's her story. The perp doesn't own that too, do they?

Like I've said before she's not the first woman to ever be raped and she won't be the last. No excuse for the way she acts and the way she treats others. She is a vile, wicked person.

The story is true, Chima went through a horrible experience.........

the fact remains that it does not give her the right to victimize others because she was a victim

again, HGs aside because you could call it her "game"..........she was arrogant, rude and abusive to production staff...........THAT shows who she is.

**on a lighter note, this season's production staff SHOULD have been 1 camera man and a crew of psychs!

Now Chima can never work for Viacom/CBS. Someone here posted she did redcarpet interviews for BET, a subsidiary of Viacom. All she had to do was lose gracefully. This is a game. You win, you lose. Chima was unwilling to to be evicted and walk out in front of that audience with her head held high.

Essentially she shot herself in the foot and hampered her freelance career.

I have two older female relatives who were victims of rape. I never knew this until a few years before they died. In their cases, therapy and religion allowed them to move on with their lives, have happy marriages (60+ years), raise children and enjoy grandchildren and great-grandchildren.

These two remarkable women didn't sit around having a pity party 24/7. They would NEVER have gone on national TV show and used their tragic events to win a gameshow.

I wanted to enjoy Chima on this show. But her behavior made it impossible for me to do so. She was not only a bad loser but also a bad winner IMO.

Enjoy your PSTD soapbox, and I am glad that you are getting some use out of it. But use it wisely... I am very knowlegable on the S/S, Tx, Hx and so on and so forth of PSTD. This whole thing was NOT an issue about PSTD and how Chima had bad things to deal with, seriously cry me a river, from the amount of things she boasts and brags about she has a damn semi-charmend life. It is one thing to point out a fact to your hubby, we all do and as I stated I was right there with you... but it is another to say that all of the people speaking against Chima and her juvelile ways ade unsympathetic to a girl who gets raped (which is basically what you said but not in those words) is ridiculous and that is what I was pointing out.

I try, really really hard, to remain quiet on the Chima issue mostly because I'm conflicted myself on what to think of her.

I think she is a product of upbringing, natural inclination towards a personality type and the result of a trauma. And all 3 of these things brought her to where she is today: a person none of us knows in real life who had a very public breakdown that was captured and reported on and analyzed moment by moment by 'Hollywood' and the viewing public. Think Brittany Spears. Think Michael Jackson. Whose fault is it that this happens publicly - theirs or a producer somewhere - does it really matter? It's how our society works. We love reality shows because we love to love or hate 'stars' - you can vent out all your frustrations or throw all your support out at someone who reminds you of someone in your life or reminds you of you. Without actually being affected in your life in anyway no matter how it turns out. It's a stress relief for some and a cause of great personal turmoil for others. It's not for me to say whether its good or bad, I"m just saying it is what it is. Personally, I like to have my fun and my favourites but NONE of these people are my friends or family and I try to keep my judgments to an entertainment level only. I'm not always good at this, but I try. Come on - who hasn't got carried away when their fav got power or got kicked in the shins? There's a point to remember that this board is an outlet for opinions on a reality show fav (or disliked as the case may be) and not necessarily how the we posters might react to a particular action in real life. I like Morty's because that's how we roll :P

As for what I think of Chima... I think, despite her Grandma`s (don`t forget it was edited) reaction, was pretty (don`t bother agreeing or diagreeing I think we are all beautiful and refuse to allow tv to tell me how the beautiful people ought to look), smart and vivacious and just like other families do with charming girls, she was raised to believe she was a princess. When this went to her head I don`t know. Comments from her friends and family say she has to be the centre of attention etc. Suddenly, in the very moments when a young woman starts to discover the real woman inside her, the strength in her core so to speak, something I can`t even begin to imagine happens. Her world is turned upside down and maybe she gets help. Her life goes on, she has the strength to endure. But she`s not healed. Maybe the Princess syndrome started then as a way of coping. Does it mean others have to like and accept it? Not when it's used to hurt them. It's okay to need help, it's not okay to spend your life hurting others. That goes for all HG's. All in all, I didn't enjoy the woman I saw on the feeds. She was loud and miserable and spoiled and selfish. Whether she is like this in real life - who knows? I am happy she is out of the house because I like to enjoy my show and root for my favs and gnash my teeth when they get thrown under the bus. So right now I am celebrating an eviction that brings my fav one step closer to the win. Do I hope she can recover from what was obviously a bad experience. Yes. Just my two cents in a heated topic and my attempt at amateur psychology I suppose....

I wanted to enjoy Chima on this show. But her behavior made it impossible for me to do so. She was not only a bad loser but also a bad winner IMO.

Nicely said Len Ray.

the fact remains that it does not give her the right to victimize others because she was a victim

again, HGs aside because you could call it her "game"..........she was arrogant, rude and abusive to production staff...........THAT shows who she is.

**on a lighter note, this season's production staff SHOULD have been 1 camera man and a crew of psychs!

Ya know what Ivgal... I think you just hit the nail right on the head.... Chima is a professional victim player...

I try, really really hard, to remain quiet on the Chima issue mostly because I'm conflicted myself on what to think of her.

I think she is a product of upbringing, natural inclination towards a personality type and the result of a trauma. And all 3 of these things brought her to where she is today: a person none of us knows in real life who had a very public breakdown that was captured and reported on and analyzed moment by moment by 'Hollywood' and the viewing public. Think Brittany Spears. Think Michael Jackson. Whose fault is it that this happens publicly - theirs or a producer somewhere - does it really matter? It's how our society works. We love reality shows because we love to love or hate 'stars' - you can vent out all your frustrations or throw all your support out at someone who reminds you of someone in your life or reminds you of you. Without actually being affected in your life in anyway no matter how it turns out. It's a stress relief for some and a cause of great personal turmoil for others. It's not for me to say whether its good or bad, I"m just saying it is what it is. Personally, I like to have my fun and my favourites but NONE of these people are my friends or family and I try to keep my judgments to an entertainment level only. I'm not always good at this, but I try. Come on - who hasn't got carried away when their fav got power or got kicked in the shins? There's a point to remember that this board is an outlet for opinions on a reality show fav (or disliked as the case may be) and not necessarily how the we posters might react to a particular action in real life. I like Morty's because that's how we roll :P

As for what I think of Chima... I think, despite her Grandma`s (don`t forget it was edited) reaction, was pretty (don`t bother agreeing or diagreeing I think we are all beautiful and refuse to allow tv to tell me how the beautiful people ought to look), smart and vivacious and just like other families do with charming girls, she was raised to believe she was a princess. When this went to her head I don`t know. Comments from her friends and family say she has to be the centre of attention etc. Suddenly, in the very moments when a young woman starts to discover the real woman inside her, the strength in her core so to speak, something I can`t even begin to imagine happens. Her world is turned upside down and maybe she gets help. Her life goes on, she has the strength to endure. But she`s not healed. Maybe the Princess syndrome started then as a way of coping. Does it mean others have to like and accept it? Not when it's used to hurt them. It's okay to need help, it's not okay to spend your life hurting others. That goes for all HG's. All in all, I didn't enjoy the woman I saw on the feeds. She was loud and miserable and spoiled and selfish. Whether she is like this in real life - who knows? I am happy she is out of the house because I like to enjoy my show and root for my favs and gnash my teeth when they get thrown under the bus. So right now I am celebrating an eviction that brings my fav one step closer to the win. Do I hope she can recover from what was obviously a bad experience. Yes. Just my two cents in a heated topic and my attempt at amateur psychology I suppose....

Nicely said Len Ray.

SPOT ON petal!!!!

I have NO sympathy for Chima! She should have been thrown out long ago she never even got a Nom for things she said or did. CBS was more than fair with her I was getting mad at CBS for letting her get away with what she did. For someone who went through what she did, she really doesn't seem that traumatized. Just think about how she talked about sex all the time. Come on I know if i had ever been raped even if it was 10, or 20 yrs ago trust me I would not be not be talking about sex and being Horny all the time. She just said her last nite as HOH how her one boyfriend was so good she couldn't get enough. Then we come to her feeling of entitlement. she said many times I'm a queen and everyone should bow to me. B.S.!!!!!!!!!!Yes she needs help , But CBS did not go to her she wanted to be on BB!!!!!!!! She wanted everything her way ALL PRAISE QUEEN CHIMA BULL CRAP> thank God she and her anoying laugh are gone . Stop with the bleeding Hearts

A person who hasn't gotten the proper treatment shows it through their actions. Equating rape to entitlement is kinda bad. She's simply acting "OUT"

And yes, CBS need mh techs, EMS, bouncers, and all of that on staff. Especially night shift. Perhaps Dr. Drew on speed dial?

I have NO sympathy for Chima! She should have been thrown out long ago she never even got a Nom for things she said or did. CBS was more than fair with her I was getting mad at CBS for letting her get away with what she did. For someone who went through what she did, she really doesn't seem that traumatized. Just think about how she talked about sex all the time. Come on I know if i had ever been raped even if it was 10, or 20 yrs ago trust me I would not be not be talking about sex and being Horny all the time. She just said her last nite as HOH how her one boyfriend was so good she couldn't get enough. Then we come to her feeling of entitlement. she said many times I'm a queen and everyone should bow to me. B.S.!!!!!!!!!!Yes she needs help , But CBS did not go to her she wanted to be on BB!!!!!!!! She wanted everything her way ALL PRAISE QUEEN CHIMA BULL CRAP> thank God she and her anoying laugh are gone . Stop with the bleeding Hearts

For the ill informed out there RAPE is not a crime of SEX. And what YOU would do or saw is not the end all and the be all for the rest of us.

Zuzu I agree with you 100%. I love the reality shows and am not here to judge them on there lives. I do think that they come on these reality shows and they do take a great risk on how they are going to be portrayed.

Yep Grandma said she was a princess, and she certainly played the part.

I do agree that she was rude to the production team.

Here is Steven Daigle's (BB10) blog about Chima's departure...

(This does not necessarily express the views of this poster)

by Steven Daigle

So I haven't blogged really since everyone first went in the house this year, but the Chima exit is totally worthy of some time. I first wanna say that I haven't seen the feeds from her leaving and have only heard rumors about a mic going in the hot tub and something about some m&ms in a drink, whatever that is about.

I think what she did is very disappointing and frustrating, whether you liked her or not. There are so many people out there who would kill for the opportunity that she got and she basically, for a lack of better words, took a Sh*t on all those people.

Everyone's first reaction is to call her names and bash her because she took the easy way out and walked. Truth be told, we really need to understand that she just didn't have the mental strength to deal with the house or the incredible amount of pressure she was under. If you have never been in the house you can never fully understand the emotional rollarcoaster ride it puts you on, constant adrenaline, fear, paranoia, excitement, boredom and anticipation all streaming through your veins 24 hours a day. There are only a small portion of the population that can actually deal with those pressures, and she aint one of them.

The sad part is, whether you liked her or not, she made GREAT TV, and we watched to see what craziness or drama she would start day after day. Unlike Jessie, who a few claimed made good TV (he did not make good TV, he caused drama but he was just annoying and foolish and I usually turned the channel when he came on) Chima was truly unpredictable and kept you coming back for more, I personally didn't like her, but I couldn't wait to see what she was gonna do next.

What I am thinking most about now is what kind of reaction she is getting from the producers.

Being behind the scenes, you quickly learn that of all the bad things you could do in the Big Brother house (excluding endangering yours or someone else's safety) is walk out. From day one it is drilled into your head that you walk out that door and you are burning a bridge that can never be repaired and basically CBS and Ourhouse will wash their hands of you.

One thing Big Brother hates is a QUITTER, and they are the first to tell ya! I have a feeling that what Chima thought was important enough at the time to walk out of the Big Brother house isn't even going to compare to the backlash that is going to occur now. Not only will she have to face all of the Contractual issues with CBS (especially paying for a mic she intentionally destroyed which costs about $5000), but the fact that Production will probably turn their back on her, and now America is going unleash it's fury and that fury will probably be devastating to her.

She is in store for a world of hurtin' and hopefully she will stay off of the Internet for about the next 6 months, otherwise she will be needing some serious therapy. What Big Brother puts you through (which she couldn't hack) ain't even remotely close to what the Big Brother Fans will do to her. I wish her luck after she gets released, SHE IS GONNA NEED IT...

Oh and Chima if you read this.. "Suck It Bitches" is my Big Brother saying, OK Miss Thang...

Steven BB10

They have an on call psychologist 24:7, several on call counselors, on call PhD, on call EMS and on staff EMs 24:7... sometimes you just get that 'one fry short of a Happy Meal type of person, this year we got Chima!

They have an on call psychologist 24:7, several on call counselors, on call PhD, on call EMS and on staff EMs 24:7... sometimes you just get that 'one fry short of a Happy Meal type of person, this year we got Chima!

Oh don't forget Lydia. They need to get better psych testing, both these women are dealing with very serious issues. I believe Lydia said she had attempted suicide over an old boyfriend. This in not entertainment, it's just sad.

Archived