Folks in the SouthEast ...

shann

Yana suggested in another thread that some of us Georgian's get together to watch the finale together. Since I know a few of us are here in the northern part of the state, I thought maybe we could include some Tennessee folks and heck, anyone else that wants to come in for a viewing party. :animated_bouncy:

So I guess my first question is, who would be interested in such a gathering? And my second question would be where would you like for it to be?

I'm putting Chattanooga "out there" as a possibility, since I think there are about 3 people around the Nashville area, a few up in Kentucky, about 3 of us here in North Georgia, and about 3-4 in the Atlanta area. That would make it a 2-3 hour drive for *most* ... Thoughts?

If enough people are into the idea, I'll be glad to try and organize it ... find a restaurant willing to let us hang out, eat, and watch BB on all TV's. I'd also look for super hotel deals if anyone had to drive and stay overnight. :)

Again ... Thoughts?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would be all for that! Chattanooga would work fine for me and my family(I'm sure I could get at least two to come with me)...

Wow what a great idea you guys. Hope you don't exclude peeps outside the southeast... I'm sure all would be welcome?!? :D

Also, does anyone know the exact date of finale' yet?

suggestion number 1 for a meeting place...

Wallys EastRidge I-75 exit 1 just inside Tenn

We've been there before... nice place, I just called and yes they have access to a tv to watch the show

Ohhh ... it'd be cool if there were other "meet-ups" around the country at the same time and we all video conferenced with each other's parties. :animated_bouncy:

BBinSavannah ... I don't know if I've told you this or not, but I was married in Savannah. :wub: In fact, I'm wearing my Savannah t-shirt today.

I've been sending the link to this site to the people I can remember are from this area. But I know I'm missing quite a few.

Dang, George! I've never been to that Wally's place! And I've lived in GA most of my life, except for a year in HI.

I am really loving this idea... I wish every state would do it and join in with us... Or do a few state together... I mean for us I could see some of AL, GA, SC, NC, TN, KY and maybe even FL. and Ohio...

fyi I just updated my spreadsheet thru the end of the season to try and determine a date for the finale... compared to last year's schedule, it looks like it would be Tuesday, 9/15....

jammer, have you been to Wallys? Would make a good meeting spot maybe?

They may lock us in and start BB12 with us! :gossip::grouphug:

I live outside of Birmingham AL and Chattanoga is about 1 1/2 hours to 2 away from me up I-59 North. I would love to meet up with everyone. Even Knoxville is only 4 hrs away from me. Thinking of north and south, east and west, meeting in Nashville or Memphis is easy for people to get to from any direction. I-65 north & south, I-40 east and west. Most interstates connect to one or the other. I don't care, I just want to be around the "Morty's" family and finally meet you guys.

I could talk to them and see... People like Dick, Sheila, people after season 7 might do it in hopes of gaining votes for an all stars if there is an all stars again...

Why don't you all start PMing me a list you might like to see, and I will see if I can get them to agree... Maybe we could call it a convention and allow them to sell their items and get loads of people to come and it might appear attractive at that point!!!

Well, we could make a weekend thing out of it... Get together on the finale night, I'm guessing it will be a Sunday right? Come in on Friday if it is...

Archived