Jordan

CeCiMom

She isnt a floater either.. she has been loyal to her side from day 1..

I think she is playing great.

ITA!

She is ignorant for her use of racial stereotypical slurs. She uses the word fag and faggot quite freely. Which I feel makes her ignorant.

ignorant

Adjective

1. lacking in knowledge or education

2. rude through lack of knowledge of good manners: an ignorant remark

Bingo!!

Yep she's ignorant!

She is ignorant for her use of racial stereotypical slurs. She uses the word fag and faggot quite freely. Which I feel makes her ignorant.

ignorant

Adjective

Bingo!!

Yep she's ignorant!

Gay people aren't a race, but I see what you mean.

ignorant

Adjective

Bingo!!

Yep she's ignorant!

Are you speaking of Jordan?

ignorant

Adjective

Bingo!!

Yep she's ignorant!

No she is not.

In week one Jordan referred to Jesse as a "fag"...she mentioned the word again and Michele told Jordan how offensive that word was to many viewers and Jordan listened and has not repeated the word since then.

I hadn't seen that, the conversation I saw she said don't say that word around Michelle who would get offended. It was then that Jeff let her know it was wrong to say it.

Good to see several people there have their heads on straight (so to speak)

I remember 'fag' meant a cigarette when I was younger.

Also from The Free Dictionary

Fag:

1. a. A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class.

b. A drudge.

2. Noun - Slang a cigarette [origin unknown]

3. Noun - Offensive slang, chiefly US & Canada short for faggot

In Jordon's case - I think it might just be a word they throw around freely in her area... Kinda like something kids use in High School

.......... I haven't paid much attention, but, I'm glad she hasn't used it after Michelle (?) explained it to her.

I remember 'fag' meant a cigarette when I was younger.

Also from The Free Dictionary

Fag:

1. a. A student at a British public school who is required to perform menial tasks for a student in a higher class.

b. A drudge.

2. Noun - Slang a cigarette [origin unknown]

3. Noun - Offensive slang, chiefly US & Canada short for faggot

In Jordon's case - I think it might just be a word they throw around freely in her area... Kinda like something kids use in High School

.......... I haven't paid much attention, but, I'm glad she hasn't used it after Jeff (?) explained it to her.

Jordan ain't a fool and she does not want to make Michelle mad but I bet even Michelle would die laughing or her face would be a kodak moment if Jordan were to reference Jessie as a bundle of sticks :animated_rotfl:

Posting that Jordan "uses the word fag and faggot quite freely" is something of a stretch. Has she used it, yes twice. She called one the HGs a fag early on and recently she admitted to using those words in the context of something she finds embarrassing and regretful. She did not give a clear picture of the scope of her usage, but the suggestion was that it was primarily a failing of hers while in her youth. Let's remember, she is barely an adult even now. Most of her stories are about 10th grade. We are very different people when one considers both our youth and our middle aged selves. Give the kid a chance to learn before disparaging her.

With respect to your "quite freely" assertion, I'm curious, as I'm a show watcher, BBAD watcher and avid feed watcher as I work, I haven't heard her use those words "quite freely." Are you suggesting she slings slurs around with some regularity? I suppose I'm still baffled by you "quite freely" assertion. I trust that you have heard her say those words many many times but I have not.

BTW, how many times have you heard her say either of those words? As I've said, I've only heard her use them twice. And one of those was when she was essentially reprimanding herself for saying those sort of things. I could be wrong about her and blind to her spewing slurs with some regularity and rapidity.

IGNORANCE..... Let's also remember that each of us has our own personal areas of ignorance. I have no idea what her room design IQ is, but I'm miserably "ignorant" when it comes to setting a room up. A buddy of mine has very little money, buys seconds, takes things like Couches & Chairs that people leave for the dump, and puts it all together in a comfortable and intriguing fashion. Until my friends come to help out, my living room looks like a gorilla through bits of wood and cloth around. Jordan seems to me to have a poor understanding of math. I have a math degrees. How about your self? She reads people very quickly and most often her analysis of the human dynamics at play are spot on. I can read people to some extent but it doesn't flow anywhere as freely in me as it does in Jordan. Are you as skilled as she is in working out these complex social interactions. Remember, we have the show, BBAD, and the feeds to help us figure out what is happening; she does not. Anything but ignorance shows itself here.

SLURS.... I feel comfortable in saying, nearly every human on this planet has used a slur in his/her lifetime. None of us should but the grand majority of us do. Many, if not most, regret these remarks and would happily take them back if we could. Are you trying to propose the theory that suggests Jordan has some emotional void that needs to be filled with the putting down of others? So, why single her out when as far as I can tell, her usage of those slurs is infrequent at best? Are you that first person that I've ever run into that is without mistake, error, fault? Have you never done something as a youth that you regret as an adult? So, again, why expect more of Jordan?

I guess I find your assertion that she is ignorant via a bias, to be somewhat offensive but so be it.

Monk

Unless Jordan is planning (and capable) of giving Meryl Streep a run for her money, suffice it to say that she might have a somewhat more pared-down, simplistic view of life than some. I find it charming and disarming because I've only been privy to the nice side she displays on BB. If there is more then she will likely be called to task for it somewhere down the public road she has chosen.

I would not use the term "fag," myself but have certainly heard it used by people who definitely know better. Life is not always fair.

I run across people like Jordan somewhat often in my profession. Usually it is something of a brief encounter and what I take with me other than a few enjoyable moments of casual conversation is the memory of joy radiating from their eyes. She has that in abundance.

Archived