Thursday "Live" Show 8/13 (Show being taped not Live)

Well ususally I stop and get dinner, and take my time getting home. Eat while watching the live feeds to see if there are any last minute changes in voting etc.

But NOW...I'll be at work where I have limited access to the feeds (I try to watch them between customers and answering calls without the volume so my boss doesn't hear), refreshing Morty's to see if there has been any word. And then I'll be pissed the rest of the day to see how much they cut for the show tonight. And then when the feeds FINALLY do come up I'll be listening to every single word trying to see if the remaining houseguests will give us a clue to what REALLY happened today.

And all day long I'll be cussing that BITCH Chima under my breath.

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks a bunch wildcat!!! I'm so bummed about this news.....I kinda want to say i hope Jeff doesn't use the power and stupid CBS did all of this for nothing.....but then again i really want him to use it!!!!!!! Hope all the audience members there today really give CBS a hard time.....i know it won't change anything.....but it would be nice it we could all give them a big F*@! U!!!!

This is ridiculous CBS. Are you assholes so out of touch with reality that you don't UNDERSTAND the reason SO MANY OF US watch BB is for the confrontations? I don't watch this damn show for the contestants or the lame, non-game BS that goes on half the time. I watch it for the drama and the fights. Tonight's show and aftermath has been the most anticipated episode and feeds of BB EVER for me and probably many other watchers. So what do you do? You tape it and then the feeds won't show the aftermath because it's going to be blacked out? ARE YOU CRAZY?

This is akin to showing a movie like "Sixth Sense" and then blacking out the last 5 minutes with the big twist.

Idiot move CBS. IDIOT move. This is going to suck big time and CBS is going to edit the hell out of everything that happens during and after the show.

What bugs me is when I saw an interview with Allison Grodner on House Calls a season or so back, with her and Gretchen and maybe Dick, they justified all the FOTHs by saying we the fans get to watch the live feeds all season long, we should be happy we get to see so much... it was as if they don't 'get it' as to why we would be upset that they block some of the best parts of the season. They almost laugh it off like, come on we show you so much of what's going on in the house, so how can you complain? Like they think we are being rediculous for even asking to see the live feeds stay on.

My second issue is all the FOTHs due to BB not wanting us to hear the HGs share about what BB has told them in the DR. It seems like there are many leading questions asked of the HGs, that influence who they like/dislike in the house, or give them advance knowledge of what is going to be happening in the house. The feeds get blocked, because BB doesn't want us the viewers to know just how much influence they have on the HGs

From the update board.

Chima moving out of HOH. Nat just hollerup "Chima I figured out why they ... Chima cut her off to say tell me later" we get FOTH

I knew Natalie would be the first to figure it out! This is the reason this is going to suck so bad...totally takes away the element of surprise. Now they have HOURS to think of their next move.

I REALLY think they will cut the feeds until after the show tonight. It would make no sense at all to cut the feeds for all the voting and HOH comp and then back on before the show airs tonight. I think that when they go off today, they will stay off until tonight. No way they will have people know what is going to happen with the most exciting, most watched show this season before it happens. They know the fans will have that info all over the news by then.

IMO, they're taping the show because this is the FIRST time that the coup has EVER been used............they don't know how long the whole thing is going to take because they have never don it before..........I don't think it was ALL Chima...........there's going to be 2 HG's get nominated on the spot, voting on the spot..........I think they're being cautious because they really don't KNOW what will go down. They have to put a show on in an HOUR.........they can't just "hope" they get through it in enough time.

agreed. HOH comp may be long as well.....maybe they are taping that. Isn't some of those Morphed faces things timed like who does it the fastest so if the remaining houseguests are out there 30 minutes they would have to pretape that kind of stuff as well. Who knows, it is going to be GREAT tonight!!

agreed. HOH comp may be long as well.....maybe they are taping that. Isn't some of those Morphed faces things timed like who does it the fastest so if the remaining houseguests are out there 30 minutes they would have to pretape that kind of stuff as well. Who knows, it is going to be GREAT tonight!!

Usually the morphed faces is the final POV. Tonight's HOH will most likely be "Which houseguest said it" and they will have to guess which of the first 4 evicted hg's said certain diary room quotes.

So, the live audience will be able to see the drama? What happens when the show is over and the live audience leaves? How will CBS prevent the live audience from spilling the beans?

Send all of the live audience INTO the BB house! :party_smilie:

So, the live audience will be able to see the drama? What happens when the show is over and the live audience leaves? How will CBS prevent the live audience from spilling the beans?

That's a good question...

I'm sure Marty, Snancy, Reaper, TCS, Liza...etc... will fill us in on all the details when they get out of "sequester" ;)

If taping starts at 1 pm bbt...and broadcast ends at 6 pm bbt/ 9pm east....that's 5 hours! Plus they had to get there by 11:30 am bbt...so it's really 6 1/2 hours! That's a long time! Jessie's exit interview will take a bit of time ...but then what? If they keep the audience there that long...I sure hope they feed them and let them see the feeds. I just can't see them keeping the studio audience that long without folks complaining.

can't wait to find out the details....

edit...just reading that the audience had to get there at 9 am bbt...unreal! No way will they keep them there until 6pm bbt...no way!

Who knows, it is going to be GREAT tonight!!

Here's my take... CBS and BB SUCK big time!!!

By taping the show they have alerted the HG's that the "magical powers" are going to be used,6 some hours before it actually happens,taking away the drama of the moment....

They will give us an EDITED/ SANITIZED version of what THEY want us to see...

There is in many respects,really not much point in ACTUALLY watching the show tonight... unless you live under a rock ,you will already know what has happened,by reading here and various places on the internet.

IMHO they have vitually made watching the actual SHOW tonight ,as jessie would say OBSOLETE!!!! :animated_rotfl: aka IRRELAVENT!!!

They have taken what could have been a monumental, iconic BB moment/episode, and simply FLUSHED it down the TOILET!!!

From the "Big Brother in the Media" thread:

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

'Big Brother': live eviction show time changed due to Chima's threats

By Andrea Reiher

August 12, 2009 7:42 PM

If you have tickets to attend the "Big Brother" live eviction show tomorrow night, the time has changed due to Chima's threat of on-air shenanigans.

I have it from a tip that CBS has changed the time of the "Big Brother" live show. Not the broadcast time, that's still at 8 pm/7 pm central, but the time the people come to the studio. UPDATE: it has been changed from 2:00 pm BBT to 11:30 am BBT, which is a pretty significant difference.

Jeff has the Coup d'Etat. Chima is Head of Household. Chima has threatened that if the Coup d'Etat is used she will go absolutely bat-crap, outhouse rat crazy on live national television. So what is CBS doing? Changing the time of the show so that they can tape it first and censor anything too outlandish.

First of all... grow up, Chima. Being HOH does not equal being Queen of the World. You get to nominate people and then your power is basically over. People do not have to bend to your every whim and I hope that Jeff takes that Coup d'Etat and shoves it right where the sun don't shine by nominating your alliance-mates Natalie and Jessie. I mean, Chima keeps calling Russell a "terrorist" on the live feeds and she finally said it's because he "terrorizes the house." I don't totally buy that that's the reason, but who's the terrorist now, Chima? Who is terrorizing CBS with her threats of a childish tantrum on live TV?

Secondly, that's a little weak CBS. You already censored Chima's speech when she was nominated and you didn't let us see Braden's little homophobic/misogynistic tirade, so now you're actually changing the live show so you can tape it beforehand? Bah.

This lady is right on with her comments about Chima and her constant need to follow her own rules.

ok let me get this straight...

Week 1, BB shows Braden's comments towards Lydia/Kevin prior to Chima's Thursday night rant. I wonder if BB is going to ever go back and show Chima admitting that she did not mean the things she said about Braden, but only made her comments for strategic reasons?

This week, they showed Russell calling her out for her saying he is terrorist, but BB shows flashbacks of Russell 'terrorizing' the other houseguest before showing Chima saying her terrorist remark, in an attempt to justify her claim that he has been terrorizing the HGs in the house.

Now today BB is going to tape the show to allow for editing of Chima's comments and actions before showing it 'live'?

And of course the feeds will be blocked... glad I subscribe to the "24/7 live feeds" :rolleyes:<_<:blink::wacko::unsure::angry::animated_scratchchin::animated_rotfl:

I go away for vacation and come back to this crap! WTH is going on!! Why the heck would CBS allow Chima to hold US hostage like that..it's crap. I can't believe CBS admitted to Chima being the reason they are taping.

Any possibility that maybe something else is going on? Like.. say they are gonna bring someone back? They would have no choice but to tape if they had the Coup d'Etat, eviction, HOH and bringing someone back, they couldn't fit all that in. I'm sure I'm just wishful thinking...but maybe....

I still don't understand why Chima thinks the power won't be used. It's HER fault she won HOH this week, knowing very well that the power was still in play for another week. At least she's safe, but should still know that her noms can be changed.

For her to not realize otherwise is her fault and instead of BB catering to her, she should have been sternly told the rules for this week and deal with it.

I was SO excited ALL week for Thus LIVE show. It really is a bummer. I would love LOVE it if they put an unedited version on the website for people to watch. CBS you hear? Put the full version up online with a warning of foul language or violence or whatever happens and then they can cover their *ss and still satisfy the viewers (keeping fingers crossed)

Archived