More to Love

Sharonda99

I am sooo in love with this show! As a BBW woman, this show hits home to me, though I'm not nearly as insecure as some of the female contestants:

http://www.newtotv.com/more-to-love-realit...tuesday-on-fox/

More to Love reality show to debut Tuesday on FOX

Will one guy

A lot of the girls are very pretty. I've always said that while someone may be overweight, they're not ugly. There are a lot of skinny people out there who are completely hideous to look at. Just because they have a good body doesn't mean they have the face to go with it. That being said, I haven't seen the show yet. It's usually on when I'm watching Big Brother.

I've been watching it but I haven't figured out if I think its a good or bad idea. The good- its nice to see big women looking good and being appreciated. The bad- the guy is also big so what is the show really saying- only big guys like big women. Not such a good message. The good- many of the women say they are feeling better about themselves thanks to the show. The bad- many of the women are much too vulnerable and may be unable to cope with more rejection. Some have never been on dates, never been kissed, never had a boyfriend and now are in some artificial environment that they may take to reflect the real world which it certainly isn't. The good- these women get to do all the same things that the "Bachelor" women get to do- fun "dates", "alone time" with the guy. All in all- there are worse dating shows on the air.

I haven't watched the show. I was put off by them calling these women 'real women'. Come on -- they aren't real women, any more than the size 2 contestants we usually see.

Obesity is a huge ( no pun intended) problem, and to pass off these women, most of whom appeared to be obese, not just over weight, as 'real' women really bugged me.

I wish they would have used real 'real' women -- meaning they could have had all shapes and sizes. Maybe not to such extremes. There are a whole lot of women between size 2 and size 22.

• 2 weeks later...

I watched it again last night. Still not sure if its a good show or a bad one. The heaviest of the women was let go but she was also the neediest and I would have gotten rid of her also no matter what her size. Size matters whether we want it to or not. If a large man like this one prefers large women then good for him. If a small man likes large women or vice versa than good for them also. I won't judge another's preferences except my son's (who drove me crazy right after his divorce by limiting his responses to online women who were a certain height, weight, had a certain hair color and wore black in their photos- how superficial can you get? He's changed his ideas now and actually looked beyond looks and met a lovely woman).

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, I caught an episode and a half yestrerday. I agree that the show was more of a 'self confidence booster' than a dating show. They response from the women was that this man was changing their lives. Granted, but what about the love factor? And what happens when your man in shining armor dumps you and kicks you out of the house?

Well, I watched bits and pieces of the finale last night, before and during the BB finale. It seemed he was going to pick the blonde, but instead proposed to the brunette.

The women who complain about their weight and whatnot have options. Either lose the weight or embrace your body, love yourself and be confident!!

I've watched this show off and on all season.....I felt sorry for most of them. Most was very needy.

I didn't like the one he picked......but 95% of these types of shows don't have a good success rate anyway.

jmho :pixiedust:

Unlike other dating shows where ethnicity and race and religion are ignored, this one made a big deal of the fact that Luke and Tali were of different religions and nationalities. It went as far as showing Luke's father's attitude toward Tali (negative) because of their differences. While I might not agree with his attitude, I'm impressed that the show made it so clear which is certainly more real than any of the other dating shows I've seen.