Big Brother Mobile

keyskid

This thread is about a mobile website I'm developing to get quick access to important spoilers for BB11.

The first beta test is now available. It should work on any phone with a web browser.

Navigate your phone to: http://bbm.mattsfiles.com

If you try it out, please reply with comments, be sure to include:

• The make and model of the phone you tried it on.
  • What problems, if any, you had.
  • Suggestions on things you'd like to see added in the future.

Here is an updated image:

4l1uf7.png264s4fn.png

Left image is the website for any phone, right side is the new android application. If you go to the website on an android phone, it will automatically direct you to the market to download the app.

I'll be sure to bring this to Morty's attention.

He should let you know soon enough.

In the meantime, anyone with an Android phone should feel free to let you know if they are interested by posting replies to this thread.

In theory with this basic version it could just be a website that has the text so you could get it from any phone, but if I continue developing it, it would be Android exclusive.

JFletch, theres many ways you can get lots of the detail with the G1, I made this cause I wanted just the Spoiler at a Glance ;). You could get a twitter app and follow the twitter to get those updates if you want more. Although if I continue development, I was thinking of doing like, a tab for spoiler at a glance, another tab that has a list of all the players with their photo on the left, and their name on the right of the photo, with the status (hoh, pov, etc) below the name. And another tab with all the time markers and you can pick the time to read that portion.

But before I get into all that I want Morty's permission.

I'm just hoping it keeps working after they make an update, haven't got to test that yet.

Edit:

Alright I got Morty's blessing so I'm going to start working on getting it into the market. Then adding some more features.

I'm terribly uncreative, so if anyone has any suggestions for what to call this app I'm listening :)

yes, do tell what an android phone is,lolol

Android is a mobile phone operating system made by Google. Currently it's only available to the public on the T-mobile G1, but there are phones from most major companies coming soon.

I'm thinking about making this a mobile web app instead, that way it should work for most cell phones with a web browser, instead of just android.

well, I have T-Mobile and I am upgrading my phone in Sept, so if I get the G1 then I am assuming I can get hooked up with this app?? I am sometimes at work, I work nights and this would be a big help, lol

well, I have T-Mobile and I am upgrading my phone in Sept, so if I get the G1 then I am assuming I can get hooked up with this app?? I am sometimes at work, I work nights and this would be a big help, lol

Once it's ready, it should work on any phone with a web browser.

I may have a beta version out later today.

Added another feature, at the bottom of the page you can click "More Info" to get the time updates. This may not work on all phones, there wasn't much I could do with it because theres no standard format in that time area. It works on my G1, but it isn't following mobile standards so theres some phones it may not work on.

Key, I just tried it on my T-Mobile G1 and my Verizon Blackberry, worked perfectly..GREAT job! I am guessing this will be where we would need to go each time? Also, how often will it be updated?

It's keys kid by the way, so keys is better then key :)

Glad it works :)

For now you can bookmark that address and use it, we were discussing the possibility of putting it on mortytv.com's domain instead of my mattsfiles, but that will be later.

It will update every 5 minutes, sort of. Basically when someone goes to the site, it gets updated information from morty's page, and will hang on to the info for 5 minutes. So if one person goes to the site it gets a local copy, and anyone else that goes to the site within the next 5 minutes will get that saved copy. After 5 minutes is up, anyone that goes to the site it will get a new copy right then.

In simplest terms, the page will never be more then 5 minutes old.

Update: Added Eviction to the list on top.

Also, started working on the Android version again, the web version will remain available, but if you have an Android phone, you will be able to get the app instead, which is better.

Archived