Sign in to follow this  
symanticc

Richard Hatch invited to All Star edition

Richard Hatch was invited to a 10 anniversary edition of All Stars assuming he passes physical and mental checks and agrees not to sue SEG. The government is opposed to let him out of the country. In addition the government feels he is mentally unstable. He is currently in house arrest and would have to be released slightly early to participate in August. Would SEG help with this by insuring that he is returned to the US and released a little early. I guess we will have to see how things work out. He is so infamous that I sure it would bring up the rating.

Courtesy of: REALITY BLURRED

Heroes and villains all-stars, return to Samoa both confirmed for Survivor 20

July 12, 2009, 8:58 AM

Details of Survivor 20

No doubt.. he gives fan a bad name..

CBS come to MORTYS. (pick me, pick me!... or UVP, he would be some character in the house)

I agree... We had to see him the first season, must we see him the last season?

Im kinda sad its going to be over soon.. Ive been watching it for 10 years.

But i really hope they bring Sandra (the winner) back.. she was the best player ever in the game if you ask me.. well, one of the top players..

Bring back every player who has won the show..

AND, Sandra was kinda boring, BUT he fought hard, and had amazing strategy.

I just hope it really isn't the end -- I know that's the word, but I can hope it's wrong, or that they change their mind. What will I do without Jeff??????

I actually kinda like the idea of heros vs villians. Sounds like Coach is going to be back.

I actually kinda like the idea of heros vs villians. Sounds like Coach is going to be back.

Yep, but will he be on the villains side or the heroes side? :giggle: If they go by Survivor-watchers perspective, I'm guessing villains. If they go by Coach's perspective, it's heroes all the way!

Oh, and I SO hope that Richard isn't allowed to come back either.

I just saw an article about this and realized it's already been discussed here!

Is it confirmed that the 20th season and/or another allstars edition means the end of Survivor? I know that has always been the rumor, but has CBS stated it will be the end?

If you read the pdfs in the link, it appears to me that the government is never going to let Rich go. However the way I read it the government might let him go to all stars if he would just file his taxes, not necessarily pay them. You can't pay taxes if you don't have the money! I mean he went to jail for couple extra years because he just kept claiming on and on did not know what he owed. The government clearly knows and they told him again and again. He just refuses to listen.

I think if he filed the tax returns the government might let him go to all stars. Would SEG gives him a bonus for showing? I would say probably so. I think I read Romber got $200,000 for Amazing Race plus a free wedding. Why wouldn't Rich get extra money? It seems logical to me. Mark in an interview said they had gold dust with Rich. Gold seem like a lot of money. There is no way I believe Rich made a deal with Mark to pay his taxes. In fact Rich said the cameramen were (opps I mean trees) and Rich made a point they had no interaction with them so how could he made a deal. Trees don't give out candy bars.

Mark could have agreed to pay something to Rich under the table since he was the star. We only know what the total 1099 value because it came out in the trial. Thats when we knew Mark Burnett was cheap

Mark Burnett made millions and millions and Rich though he would be rewarded as a star. I don't know where I read this but Stacey Stillman apparently said there was no contract for the reunion show and so she tried to get the survivors together and ask for more money. Rich ran to Mark Burnett and said what Stacey was trying to get more money for the tribes so Mark Burnett sent a overnight and said $10,000 take it or leave it.

So now Stacey got gyped and Rich thought he should got extra money. Neither thought they were justly rewarded.

It seems to me a lot of the fault lies with Burnett because he going to give Rich exactly what they he said even if they may deserved more. He seems a lot of problems may occur because he seems pretty greedy.

Rich spent extra jail time because he wouldn't file tax return and now he might miss to miss out a probable bonus because he just refuses to file. Rich's accountant first Tax Return included the survivor money so Rich has a Tax Return to file already. Why won't he do this? Why does he not want to do everything possible to get a possible bonus? Interesting enough Mark Burnett said Rich had the potential to go well passed his 15 minutes. Who would have thought 10 years?

A lot written has been written quite negative about Rich. I am not sure Rich is very stable when you look at the Sue incident in the last All Stars. If am sure there a clause you can't sue SEG but it really does not mean anything. You can sue anyone. The question is can you win? I read an article written by lawyer before Survivor I that said SEG could be sued and lose if they clearly ignored things dangerous things that they should have recognized.

Letting Rich walk around naked in the first All STARS when he clearly bothered people in Survivor 1 was not something that I believe should have been allowed. Look what happen in All Stars with Sue. If Sue was not paid off I would be shocked. I would certainly hope if Rich makes it to new all stars Mark Burnett makes him keep his bathing suit on. When will Mark figure out that enough is enough. People don't want to see this!

Rich claimed he was originally put in jail with perverts. He is lucky the Sue incident did not happen in the United States.

Then there was there was the incident of him beating up his boyfriend in RI. What really happened? You add the tax problems and the fact the government said he perjured himself in the trial. How many strikes before he out?

Knowing all this does SEG think he will pass a mental exam when the government thinks he needs help?

Another question is why does he not have the money to pay the taxes? I think the government said he lost it investments.

If you look at the NASDAQ highs and low between the time Rich got the money and when he owed the taxes he might have thought he would make a killing putting by putting both his money and the tax money in at once. He could have easily lost all of it if he tried to maximize his profits by borrowing on the stock he owned not that long after he may have invested. Once he started getting margin calls he might have been in big trouble. Assuming this is what happened. I of course I don't what what he did if he was greedy.

If I look at the NASDAQ when Rich potentially might have invested, the NASDAQ looked like a good investment to me. I ignored the potential opportunity. I might have thought it was going to up.

However I did not invest because it was quite clear to me in 2000 that the NASDAQ was about to be in big trouble because the SEC, the FDA (regarding Biotechnology), and the self regulating arm of the Nasdaq were doing absolutely no regulation!

It went from 5000 to 1500 when he owed the taxes.

Richard Hatch was invited to a 10 anniversary edition of All Stars assuming he passes physical and mental checks and agrees not to sue SEG. The government is opposed to let him out of the country. In addition the government feels he is mentally unstable. He is currently in house arrest and would have to be released slightly early to participate in August. Would SEG help with this by insuring that he is returned to the US and released a little early. I guess we will have to see how things work out. He is so infamous that I sure it would bring up the rating.

update on Monday the Judge denied Rich Hatch request.

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Convicted felon Richard Hatch, the winner of the first U.S. season of the reality TV show "Survivor", been denied permission to travel to Samoa to take part in a 10th anniversary special edition of the program, court documents on Monday showed.

Hatch, known as the "naked guy", was convicted of tax evasion in 2006 for failing to declare his $1 million prize from 2000. After serving about three years of his 51-month sentence in federal prison, he is now under home confinement in Newport, Rhode Island.

Hatch had asked the U.S. District Court in Rhode Island for permission to travel to Samoa for seven weeks next month to take part in a "Survivor" anniversary edition.

He said in a court filing that he would use any payment to pay off his outstanding taxes and said he would not be a flight risk.

But Judge William Smith on Friday denied the request, according to court documents made available on Monday.

Hatch, a former corporate trainer, is the best-known and one of the most polarizing winners of the reality show which puts a group of strangers in a remote location until they are voted off by fellow contestants.

(Reporting by Jill Serjeant)

http://www.reuters.com/article/peopleNews/...E56C5VZ20090713

CBS Hasn't confirmed anything, but the producers and Jeff Probst both have said that another all stars would be then end of the show, and the producers own the rights... I know CBS could buy they rights, but I don't know if they would...

they have said for a couple of seasons now that its getting way to expensive to produce

Yana.. you have connections.. call them and say do 1 more season.. only selecting people from mortys... Or just not to end the show at all.. :)

I know you can do it.

Boo! That is going to be a sad day when Survivor is all done.

But, I am glad Richard is NOT getting ANOTHER shot.

King honey, I don't have those kind of conncetions...

King honey, I don't have those kind of conncetions...

Survivor will become an interactive stage show at three amusement parks.

Rich may not be going on Survivor but I planning to try to get on on my birthday at Darien Lake.

Incidentally, I thought he was losing weight in prison but apparently he has gained a considerable amount of weight, last week asked permission to leave for Samoa next month, when filming begins. He argued that any money he earns from the show can pay his tax obligations.