What do you do to prepare for the start of BB season?

can you hook up a laptop to the bigscreen.. If so how do I do that?

my tv came with a monitor cable...but i'm sure you can buy one a la cart. however your tube needs to have the monitor hookup thingy too. i'm no wiz at this. it was a pleasant surprise when i ripped into the bigscreen box. i immediately thought...big brother feeds on the bigscreen!!!

sweep sweep clean clean polish polish

looks around photo47424250pa7.gif

There chat is ready for eveyone.

Watching BB10 Videos..

I just watched the episode after veto, when Dan Won HOH and told Ollie he had complete controll over the week..

Michelle is running around saying ,"He is a Plant in the house! He is a plant!"

and Ollie is trying to turn them against Dan, BUT they wouldnt cause they helped them out.. ha.. Halarious stuff..

Well, i'm in a new relationship and I have spent the last few months talking up BB and trying to prepare him that his girlfriend is a wee bit addicted. I just broke the news that it's on 3 times a week but i have been talking about the live feeds for a month now and he seems OK with it!

My goal...get him addicted! :angel_not:

can you hook up a laptop to the bigscreen.. If so how do I do that?

If your laptop has an s-video connection, you should be able to activate a second monitor and use it to display on your tv...

right click desktop, click properties, click the settings tab, click monitor 2 and check the box to Extend Windows desktop... it's really pretty easy once you do it a time or two :)

Take your laptop to Radio Shack or a computer store and ask for a s-video to rca connector, it should look like this... then you can use a regular rca cable to go into your video input on the tv :)

c230.jpg

I've been talking to my co-workers...getting them ready for me vanishing off and on as I sneak off to watch in the waiting rooms. I was most excited to hear that the feeds won't be coming on until after I get home from work that first night.

Treadmill is set up in the living room so I can watch the feeds and exercise as well...

My fiance whom I thought loved BB as much as me...broke down and told me she only started watching it because she figured it'd give us some quality time together. I feel rather silly now because for the past 3-4 years I've been having these long drawn out game play discussions...never realizing...she didn't give a hoot.

Thanks George.. I will be doing that tomorrow..

haha...their explanation was far better than mine. i'm not "techy" either...i wasn't even aware of that cord pictured.

That's pretty funny Niteslacker!

Good advice georgetv and penguin - I have a really big screen LCD tv and hook my laptop up to watch movies all the time. The problem is that the screen is in the living room and my wireless and I like to sit outside. No one can say things like, "Look at you pasty big brother live feed updater - get a tan!"

I also try not to make the picture too good so I want to turn it off every once in awhile and sleep.

As for exercise... I do yoga as I watch. It started out with simple stretches but the longer I was watching/listening, the more I needed to do to keep from expanding. It's only bad when you're in the middle of a pose, breathing deep, balanced on a hair and your fav does something really stupid and you start yelling at the tv. That scenario may result in a face plant.

lala(or anyone)...

As a refresher for me and others, is there a place on Mortys(I know there HAS to be!) that has instructions for taking pictures and/or video as well as how best to upload, and best/preferred size and quality?

Thanks!

I don't think they are going to let us put up video's again this year, but I could be wrong... The best way to post pictures is to host them through a picture hosting site ie: tinypic.com, or photobucket, then they will have a code you use with the link for that picture that you will then come here and post using the little button that looks like a sunrise, it's between the + and the :)...

To prepare for Big Brother tonight - I just showered did my hair, shaved my legs and put on a pair of pj's. Cooked dinner early this morning....

Erin, how does he feel about that????

My husband makes fun of me all during the season of BB.

Making fun would be welcome this season... Hubby is a bear... He is all up in arms cause he needs me working right now since he was off work for almost a year while on chemo, but he forgets that I took care of this whole darn company while he was sick, and I can run the feeds while working, just run them on my computer and work either on his, the lap top, or the spare...

CarmenPantera, you & me both. I called this morning & they had the nerve to charge me $1.99 (service charge) for the privilege of switching from HBO to SHO. Guess they'll do it again when I switch back in the fall. :furious3:

Archived