Trading Spouses

Twister

I watched a rerun of Trading Spouses the other night. The one where the very uptight Minnesota mom goes to Tennessee.

I was wondering whether anyone knows if Trading Spouses will be back for another season, and if so then everybody will know that they get to spend the other family's $50,000 so will there be a new twist next season?

Gotta say I laughed myself silly when the daughter popped out her glass eye and scared the bejeebees out of the other mom.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that the one where the woman cried whens he found out where she was going?

Yep. Man, what a b%%%h she was. Her own kids didn't seem to know how to have fun and then all she did at the new home was complain about it not being clean.

And when she went home, the minute she got through the door she just got mad at her family for having some fun and argued with her husband, but at least he had the balls to stand up to her a bit.

I wonder if these people change their ways after seeing themselves on TV?

• 3 months later...
Anyone else excited over the preview for this show? That mom looks absolutely nuts!!! I hope it is as crazy the whole show as in the small clip

http://www.fox.com/home.htm

"Get the hell out of my house in Jesus' name I pray!"

I wonder now if it is her own family she is going off on..maybe the paper she is ripping apart is the letter the other mom wrote about what to do with the money.

That is sure what it seems like, cuz the kids just look stunned not scared...

From the clip on fox.com you can tell it is her own family she is yelling at. You can hear someone (her husband??) say "I'm glad you're home" in the background. It seems she's not happy with some of the changes that were made during her absence.

They've been hyping this all week on "The Insider." Tonight, she tried to redeem herself after they showed her the tape of the show with her bizarre behavior. I don't think she gave any decent reasons good enough to explain her insanity but they gave her a makeover anyway.

I guess it's a case of rewarding bad behavior. To her credit, the hairstylist/owner claimed that she really wasn't the crazy person you saw on television. They actually improved her looks at the same time. They made her a flaming redhead and cut her short hair even shorter. Now, how about a trip to a cosmetic dentist?

What she really needs is an exorcist! I'm watching the program and once again, they've picked a whack job to represent the Christian faith. When are they going to get a normal moderate Christian instead of such an extreme (nut)case?

And what's up with the 'Cinderella' treatment of the 14-year-old Brook? That certainly isn't a great display of Christian charity. It's more like an example of an fairy tale evil mother and sister with an emasculated father figure. Can you say therapy? I knew you could.

And what's up with swearing in one breath and evoking Jesus' name with the next one? Nice mouth on you lady! Does she think God can hear her better if she screams and screeches? I guess she got stuck in the make a joyful noise unto the Lord part. But does she really think screaming is joyful?

Apparently, she skipped over the chapter and verse that recommends being quiet before the Lord. Okay, so I'm paraphrasing but basically it says to 'be still' so you can hear God's voice. I think even God would close his ears to this psycho.

And her friends? What a bunch of total bitches. Yes, I said the B-word because they deserved it especially the queen B in pink who thought it was her place to interrogate her instead of embrace the hospitality of the situation. Where do they find these people? Central Casting?

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy

Yeah, I admit it: Those video clips of the three-ton harpy screeching about God drew me into this show, which I'd never before even thought about watching. So it was a little disappointing to realize that said breakdown wouldn't occur until next week. But I kept an open mind; this is like a lowbrow version of Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days, right? Except that placing an admittedly closed-minded religious fanatic from small-town Louisiana in the home of a New Agey astrology-following hypnotherapist in Massachusetts doesn't exactly sound like an experiment. We pretty much know what's going to happen. That doesn't mean it is any less fun to watch Marguerite Perrin (none of her new family seems to notice that she calls herself "Margaret") squirm and literally vomit from the un-Christianness of it all. I don't get how celebrating the solstice is ungodly if you're supposed to believe that God created the sun, but whatever. Meanwhile, the Perrin family is the very picture of hospitality toward Jeannie Flisher at first

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, THE WATERCOOLER

Trading Spouses: Meet Your New Mommy

Yeah, I admit it: Those video clips of the three-ton harpy screeching about God drew me into this show, which I'd never before even thought about watching. So it was a little disappointing to realize that said breakdown wouldn't occur until next week. But I kept an open mind; this is like a lowbrow version of Morgan Spurlock's 30 Days, right? Except that placing an admittedly closed-minded religious fanatic from small-town Louisiana in the home of a New Agey astrology-following hypnotherapist in Massachusetts doesn't exactly sound like an experiment. We pretty much know what's going to happen. That doesn't mean it is any less fun to watch Marguerite Perrin (none of her new family seems to notice that she calls herself "Margaret") squirm and literally vomit from the un-Christianness of it all. I don't get how celebrating the solstice is ungodly if you're supposed to believe that God created the sun, but whatever. Meanwhile, the Perrin family is the very picture of hospitality toward Jeannie Flisher at first — until they bring in Marguerite's Christian attach dogs, er, friends. Jeannie's attempt at hypnotizing Ashley was cheesy goodness, but I hope she manages to give poor younger daughter Brooke a boost of self-esteem before the gap-toothed Mac truck returns home. From the look of the promos, even the Perrins are frightened of Marguerite's possessed rage. Frankly, I'd find this all more entertaining if I didn't know there are many, many others of her ilk out there. The thought makes the spirit rise up in me. — SRW

I agree with you. I considered myself a christian and that is why I was terribly offended by margret's friends. What happen to love thy neighbor. Those ladies were being very hipocritical. It just made me sick. YOU DON'T TREAT PEOPLE LIKE THAT...NO MATTER WHAT YOUR BELIEFS ARE!!!!!!!!! People like them are always first to casted the first stone. :huh:

I was a little confused about the ungodly, satanic, hellish atmosphere that Marguerite seemed to think she was drowning in at the Flisher home. I'm a Christian myself and I just didn't see it. Now, if the solstice celebration had satanic references or a human sacrifice or two, then I'd have been a little creeped out by it all. Actually, I find the Flisher's way of life to be somewhat interesting. Again, it's not my bag, but I'm still curious and had I been in Marguerite's situation I certainly wouldn't have flipped out. I just think she's one of those who thrives on drama and thinks it's "my way or the highway."

I think Marguerite is lost in a time warp somewhere between Christianity and Insanity, and if she's anything like her "Christian friends" then I think she's leaning more towards the latter. Unfortunately, she and her friends have given a pathetic portrayal of what christians are supposed to be. Who were they to first meet someone and blast them with questions concerning their religious beliefs then rebuke them because they think differently than they do.

Next week's episode should be interesting

That woman (Maguerite Perrin) was just flat out scary. And those friends of hers, especially the blond in particular, were quite a pack of bitches!

I am christian and the church I grew up in believed in brotherhood and tolerance. I just gues this freak must be a different kind of christian! :P

Can't wait to see 'large Marge' have her breakdown next week! B)

That woman (Maguerite Perrin) was just flat out scary.

She knows she's scary looking. The first words out of her mouth to her "new" kids was to "not be afraid" of her!

I absolutely agree with everyone about the UNChristian-like behavior these so-called Christians exhibited! What ever happened to "we're all God's children?" These types of fanatics are no better than cultists who mis-interpret the Lord's word to suit their own means. I thought "Large Marg's" (love that nickname) family was surprisingly normal given that she's the mom. She is definitely certifiable!!

Bottom line....it makes for good TV....we will all tune in next week to see more! lol (By "good" I mean for the producers of the show.)

P.S.

Nebartist, LOVE your avatar!!!

This woman did more to set back Christianity than the Crusades! She is the most closed-minded and hypocritical person I've ever seen depicted. If she truly wanted to be a 'Christian' witness to this family, she should have met them halfway by, at least, taking the time to shut her gap-toothed mouth long enough to hear their side of things instead of babbling on incoherently spewing her brainless nonsense.

Not once did she use the Bible to witness to this family. She just took the unintelligible tactic of skewing her beliefs as SHE saw fit . . . not being God-led at all. And, then to blatantly LIE to the other mother about her husband to purposely cause trouble is totally inappropriate. To not take ownership of her own prejudice and one-sided stupidity is inexcusable.

And how ironic that she claimed New Orleans as 'God's Country.' Don't get me wrong, my family is from that area and it truly does have a huge church going population but it has also been the heart of voodoo and black magic practices for hundreds of years. Apparently, she missed that rich and fascinating part of New Orleans history. Although, how you can possibly miss it when it's on almost every corner of the French Quarter is beyond me.

On the other hand, the 'New Age' family tried to meet this lunatic halfway by going to church with her after the husband talked to the children. The crazed lunatic was not only extremely rude to her host family but to the television crew and her own family as well. She never shut her uneducated mouth for one minute to listen to her own family. How many times did her entire family keep telling her that Jeannie NEVER talked to them about astrology or tarot cards? I gave up counting after she wouldn't let go of it like a pit bull with a new chew toy.

How rude to throw her beliefs down the Flisher's throat by giving them engraved bibles and being so critical in her letter. How extremely sexist to give one boy a dirt bike and the other boy $3,000 to do as he sees fit without parental discussion. However, when it came to the daughter, she gave almost half the dollar amount as the boys and complete control of the money decision out of the daughter's hands and into the mothers. I wanted to jump through my television screen and pour a pot of water on this hypocritcal witch and see if she melted.

And, if she's as Bible-based as she claims, then how does she condone dancing? Again, I'm a Christian and I dance but I can't tell you how much grief I got growing up Southern Baptist and being told it's a sin. Thank goodness, not every religion has that dogma but if Marg is looking for biblical scripture, you can find both pros and cons to dancing within the Book. I find it ironic that God seems to speak to Marg and approve things that MARG wants or agrees to and never something that would challenge this closed-minded uptight twit.

I love how the producers showed how brilliantly fair that Jeannie's list was to the Perrins. Every item on that list was something loving and giving to each member without throwing her own beliefs into the mix. And, apparently, the money stopped being tainted by the 'dark side' when Marg found out she got the bulk of the money for her gastric bypass surgery. But I'm sure God spoke to her personally and blessed the filthy money to make it clean for her own selfish use.

Personally, I'm going to pray for poor Brooke to get out of that house and away from her abusive mother and sister. She truly does have a talent for dancing and needs a more structured teaching discipline than the amateur training of her lame and domineering sister. My hope is that a dance scout will see her raw talent and offer her a dance scholarship away from the unhealthy influence of her present home so she can finally live up to her full potential.

Phew! I think I'm done. Sorry, but this lady really got under my skin and I desperately needed to vent. If you stayed with my rant this long, thank you. I would love to hear other opinions about this ridiculous episode.

Wow h8s_qt... you just rant so eloquently.

My rants would look like a bunch of nonsense with the f-bomb and s-bomb as every other word :P hehe

Very nice read.

Religious freaks always get on my nerves.. that's why I didn't bother watching this show..plus I had other things to watch anyway heh.

I doubt I'll want to watch a rerun of it either.

I'm just tired of being PO'd at stupid close-minded psychos on tv.