Top Chef - Masters Edition

CeCiMom

Saw a preview for this last night... looks awesome, can't wait.

I'm not sure I will tune into this one. I love the normal Top Chef because I like to see average people. I don't think the judges will give their honest opinions about the food when they are judging well known chefs. I just don't think it will be the same.

I thought about that too... using kid gloves when they critique the food, but I'm going to give it a shot though. :)

I really liked it. No clue who any of these Master Chefs are though...doesn't matter.

The format of 4 competing per show with 1 winner moving on to finals is a good twist...and I'm sure it makes it easier on the Chefs to not have to be away from their kitchens for weeks on end.

I didn't think the judges were any easier on them than in a typical season...who knows though since we can't taste the food. Seems they were critical enough...especially the red headed little girl in the quick fire! :lol:

The challenge of cooking in a dorm room with limited appliances also threw the chefs for a loop...out of their comfort zone...made them have to think on their feet and plan carefully ahead. Some adapted well...others...not so much. It did seem obvious early on that Huber (?) had the focus and skills to succeed in this....2 of the others were flustered.

I'm looking forward to more...

I guess I am wierd because I actually did not enjoy this. In fact, I even canceled it off of the DVR for future episodes. Not enough drama - although that one guy putting his food in the freezer thinking it was a refrigerator was pretty funny :animated_rotfl: Guess I will just have to wait for the regular Top Chef to return (which love :party_smilie: )

I really liked it. I don't know these chefs either but, I recognized a couple of them tonight. (Probably for previous Top Chef shows.) But, the guy that won this round I've seen around the morning shows before.

And, I think they did a great job of setting up the judging by having critiques do the judging and not fellow chefs. I'm also hoping there is some kind of wild card round for the chefs that get the highest stars but, didn't win their round.

Anywho, looks like some of the rounds coming up aren't so Kum Ba Yah. ;)