Top Chef: Las Vegas

Dade

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Top Chef Season Six To Be Filmed In Las Vegas

June 4, 2009 01:17:51 by Britteny Elrick

Bravo

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I watched. I always enjoy this show. But I definitely have some early favorites, and dislikes. But I don't have all the names down yet.

The men appear to be much stronger chefs, at least at this point. There seem to be more than a few weaker women. I don't know that they are bad chefs, but they don't seem to be suited to this competition.

I didn't like how the powers that be made an issue over Ashley's comments about her not wanting to cater a bachelor party, since she is gay and not allowed to get married. I though her comments a little bit silly. I understand what she's saying, but gay people can have bachelor / ette parties. They can have commitment ceremonies. It's the legal issue that is the problem, but since she is a chef, she can perform the same service for any couple. But anyway -- she has the right to feel what she feels. She made a few comments in private ( as private as it gets for a reality show), but she was professional for the clients and did her best. I can't fault her for having personal issues. But I don't think they needed to feature her comments so much. To me, it took away from the food and the competition.

I really like this season so far! I like quite a few people already but there are definitely some people I could live without. lol I think my favorites so far are Kevin, Mattin, Jennifer and Hector. My boyfriend and I also really like Michael, he totally reminds us of A Baller(BB9 winner) so we call him M Baller.

I'm so glad you said that Oleander... I saw the other posts naming their favs and I thought... ummm, "I like the one that has the orange hair and the one brother but, not sure about the other, etc." Have no idea about names yet... :lol: Oh and I don't like that cocky girl either. lmao

• 2 weeks later...
I love the show but no favorites yet. I can't even put names to faces or dishes.

Yeah, I only base my early favorites on personality. lol

I love the brothers. I really hope one of them wins or Kevin. I really hate the angry blonde girl who gets pissed if she doesn't win every single time.

I really love Kevin, too, I think he is my favorite right now. I can see him making it very far in the competition. I only like one of the brothers though, Micheal, I think the other brother is a jerk; he's barely even nice to his brother.

• 1 month later...

Ever since the first episode, I think this season has been rather bland and boring. I'm still watching, but just not as intently as I have before. I also think it's obvious who will be in the top 4- the two brothers, the girl, Jennifer, and Kevin, the guy with the red beard. Ever since the beginning, these four have been dominating the competiton. But the show also had many cooks that didn't seem to do so well.

I don't know that the other restaurant wars have had such an obvious winner. The judges did say that was the best restaurant ever, in restaurant wars, didn't they? They really didn't have much to criticize.

I don't get the brothers though. The one wins, and wants to share the winnings with everyone, because it was a team effort. That sounds good to me. He's right. They all played a part. But then the other brother won't accept it?

I like the brothers and think they are talented, but the uber- competitiveness is getting old.

I'm also looking forward to an individual challenge. Then maybe the other chefs can stop wondering who deserves to be there or not ( since they all seem to think Robin is out of her league), and just concentrate on they are doing. They may be right about Robin, and if they are, another individual challenge should get rid of her. Not that I really care, but it seems to bug some of them, that Robin is still there.

I'm thoroughly enjoying this season. For me, it's a nice break from most reality shows that end up being more about the "characters" than what the competition is supposed to be about. Also, because the talent is so thick this season it's kind of difficult to pick a clear favorite and root for him/her all season. With that said, I think Kevin (read head/beard) is my top pick.

Whomever mentioned the uber competition between brothers is getting old... totally agree. I've gone back and forth on which I like the best. At the beginning Brian seemed a bit too snobbish but, the last few eppy's Mike has been such an ashhole... not only his brother but, the rest of the cast too.

I predict Kevin, Mike and Brian as F3.

Jennifer wasn't a fav of mine at the beginning but, then her talent won me over... then again she's failed a number of times lately so, I suspect she'll go out 4th place. If she doesn't make anymore mistakes she could take one of the brothers spot in F3, imo.

Well, I've been watching Top Chef and totally enjoyed the brothers. I'm an event planner at my job and my bosses boss was looking for a restaurant to have an award dinner in Frederick, MD (about 30 miles from me). I sent them some restaurants, one of them being Volt, which is Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant. I did a site visit and during my tour I saw Bryan walk by. My guide told me that it was Chef Bryan and I told her that I totally recognized him from Top Chef. Then on his way back to the kitchen she stopped him and said, "Chef, this is Gwen from (my company name) and they are thinking of having their dinner here next Tuesday." He shook my hand and said that he hoped that we would consider Volt for our function. Then he french kissed me...(oh wait, that part was in my dream...)

Well, we selected the restaurant for our function and the food was OUTSTANDING! Chef Bryan wasn't there that night (ha ha ha to my coworkers) but it was AWESOME. I'm a little star struck--I'm not going to lie! And, he gave me an autographed menu from our function menu! LOVE BRYAN! I hope that he WINS!!!!

Well, I've been watching Top Chef and totally enjoyed the brothers. I'm an event planner at my job and my bosses boss was looking for a restaurant to have an award dinner in Frederick, MD (about 30 miles from me). I sent them some restaurants, one of them being Volt, which is Bryan Voltaggio's restaurant. I did a site visit and during my tour I saw Bryan walk by. My guide told me that it was Chef Bryan and I told her that I totally recognized him from Top Chef. Then on his way back to the kitchen she stopped him and said, "Chef, this is Gwen from (my company name) and they are thinking of having their dinner here next Tuesday." He shook my hand and said that he hoped that we would consider Volt for our function. Then he french kissed me...(oh wait, that part was in my dream...)

Well, we selected the restaurant for our function and the food was OUTSTANDING! Chef Bryan wasn't there that night (ha ha ha to my coworkers) but it was AWESOME. I'm a little star struck--I'm not going to lie! And, he gave me an autographed menu from our function menu! LOVE BRYAN! I hope that he WINS!!!!

What an awesome story! I thought he was the "mean brother" at first, but as the season progresses I have realized that Michael is without a doubt the mean brother. lol That's so neat to hear that he's so sweet, I'm very jealous of your autographed menu. :D

P.S. I literally spit water all over my desk when I read the bolded sentence. :lol:

When I heard Mike say "whateverwhatever," during the bottom three review, I had a feeling he was going to go home. It was the excuse they needed to keep two girls in the running, imo. I think they see too much potential in Jennifer and so they didn't want to get rid of her even though hers was the worst dish and I think they couldn't justify getting rid of the older lady 'cuz her dish wasn't as bad as the other two.

Also, imo, Michael is a tool and I hope he doesn't even make the final 3.

Love this show and especially because I have spent more than 40 some years in the restaurant business. I sometimes think that Tom Colicho(sp) is a tad too serious and full of himself as I think all of the judges get from time to time,lol

At first I loved the aspect of the brothers but it has really worn thin on me lately, especially with the mean brother, I do get them so confused but that is Mike isn't it??lol And while I think Jennifer has a lot of talent, her insecurities hold her back, she second guesses herself sooo much that she sabatoges herself, and Robin??? OMG, I cannot stand this woman, she is not up to the calibur of the others, I think she is only still there because she creates drama, and they want her for the rating, and like some of the other reality shows Top Chef has also fallen into that niche where they keep ppl around for the drama, she is so hit and miss, has really only created 1 or 2 dishes that were passable and her quick fire win was a farse, and was solely because of who was the judge, the others who had known this judge called it right from the git, that Robin won because of how weak this chef judge was. I pray Robin Goes this next week, she does not deserve to last another week.

Yeah, I guess the judges finally felt the need to get Robin out. One more person until the Fab 4 are alone.

I totally think Kevin should win it all.

Looks like next week may be where they taste fancy food, then have to recreate it. I love that competition.

(itsnotbb9, I just LOVE your ANTM avatars!!)

FINALLY, Robin is gone!!!! I love Kevin and I think he should take it, although I do think Mike is really good, geesh this guy NEVER smiles, the 2 brothers are sooooo serious, with Mike bein the most cranky. I see Brian the other brother tryin to at least be a tad personable, but these guys have finally turned me off with their cold personalities. Especially Mike. Preparing food and eating is supposed to be joyous and fun, and Mike does not act like it is any of those things for him, he seems to just want to win and to win over his brother. I think Kevin does cook for all the reasons I mentioned above and he is soo creative and smart about his choices. I really want him to take it, and I want Jennifer to get up off her arse and quit the "pity pot" stuff, regain her confindence and stop acting sooo defeated. She is a really good chef. I heard a remark made I think by Mike in the preview that the food Kevin prepares is the food like he cooks on his day off, yeah right Mike, he is jealous is what he is!!!! He should at least give Kevin the credit he deserves and stop bein such a butt!!!!!

So glad Robin is gone! She has been stinking up the competition for weeks. I am rooting for Kevin to win the whole thing, he's been my favorite since the beginning; I just think he's a great chef and he's completely adorable! I'd like to see Kevin and the brothers at the finale, and imo Eli and Jenn both deserve to be there so it's just a matter of who does better next week.

Yeah, I guess the judges finally felt the need to get Robin out. One more person until the Fab 4 are alone.

I totally think Kevin should win it all.

Looks like next week may be where they taste fancy food, then have to recreate it. I love that competition.

(itsnotbb9, I just LOVE your ANTM avatars!!)

Thanks! This is definitely one of my favorite cycles, there were a lot of gorgeous girls with tons of potential this year. And this is like the only cycle where my two favorites have made it to the end! My sister and I picked Laura and Nicole in the very first episode, but I've loved Nicole since I first saw her pre-show picture, and I was so happy to see them make it to the end together.(even though I think Erin had a better portfolio than Laura) The finale is going to be very bittersweet for me, no matter who wins. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the inevitable has happened. Down to the final 4-the bros, Kevin and Jen.

I didn't get to see the last episode, but have since seen commercials with them 4 for the next episode. Unless Jen really improved this past week, I think she'll be next to leave, with Kevin winning!!!!