LOST Season Six - General Discussion 2/2/10

kayo

so can I conclude after last night that the new Sayid was supposed to be Jacob? maybe he still will be?.... and how long will it take to get through this plotline before they actually tell us this

that Claire twist at the end was interesting. looking forward to that too.

so can I conclude after last night that the new Sayid was supposed to be Jacob? maybe he still will be?.... and how long will it take to get through this plotline before they actually tell us this

that Claire twist at the end was interesting. looking forward to that too.

I think it's really too soon to conclude anything of the sort- although that's one of the many theories floating around out there. Personally, I don't think that is the case but we shall see...Sayid is still Sayid at this point, although a once-dead Sayid with a nasty infection overtaking his body. My theory is that there are more "entities" (what are all those whispers anyway?) than just the Man in black and Jacob, and his being "claimed" means that the process takes some time to reach his "heart". Either way it spells Sayid's doom for sure. I'm guessing that Sayid will either be "claimed" as belonging to the MIB or Jacob OR another entity to be used to do their bidding (be on their side), OR his body will be inhabited after the infection process is completed. The problem with the latter theory is that he was actually brought back to life, unlike Locke whose dead body we saw at the same time we saw the Fake Locke. So it seems like there should be two separate Sayids - Sayid's dead body and the one conjured up to look like him. It doesn't fit. PLUS, remember Danielle supposedly killed all of the people from her boat, including her husband, because they had been infected too. She wouldn't have been able to do that if they were Jacob/MIB/another entity. That is, if she really did kill them and she was not the one infected.... :animated_scratchchin:

There are a few almost-answers in Jimmy Kimmel's interview with the writers from the night of the season premiere.

02-FEB-2010

Jimmy Kimmel Live - The first part of Jimmy's interview with Damon Lidelof & Carlton Cuse, the creators of LOST

02-FEB-2010

Jimmy Kimmel Live - The second part of Jimmy's interview with Damon Lidelof & Carlton Cuse, the creators of LOST -- where they announce when the final LOST episode will air

I think it's really too soon to conclude anything of the sort- although that's one of the many theories floating around out there. Personally, I don't think that is the case but we shall see...Sayid is still Sayid at this point, although a once-dead Sayid with a nasty infection overtaking his body. My theory is that there are more "entities" (what are all those whispers anyway?) than just the Man in black and Jacob, and his being "claimed" means that the process takes some time to reach his "heart". Either way it spells Sayid's doom for sure. I'm guessing that Sayid will either be "claimed" as belonging to the MIB or Jacob OR another entity to be used to do their bidding (be on their side), OR his body will be inhabited after the infection process is completed. The problem with the latter theory is that he was actually brought back to life, unlike Locke whose dead body we saw at the same time we saw the Fake Locke. So it seems like there should be two separate Sayids - Sayid's dead body and the one conjured up to look like him. It doesn't fit. PLUS, remember Danielle supposedly killed all of the people from her boat, including her husband, because they had been infected too. She wouldn't have been able to do that if they were Jacob/MIB/another entity. That is, if she really did kill them and she was not the one infected.... :animated_scratchchin:

yea i really shouldn't ever say conclude with LOST. It should be more like - this is what they want me to think right now... It was the way "he's back" was said that made me instantly think Jacob. Now that we have heard about playing by the rules and saw all the names in the cave it makes sense why they asked who shot Sayid and also why some losties have never been killed by smokey.

I like the idea of more entities and the whispers could be the "good spirits" of the dead warning of Smokey (locke/mib) showing up. which I think they told us about in a recap a long while ago.

Hopefully the whole Danielle - Claire connection is explained a bit next week. It should give us a better insight into this infection thing (agreed that she could be the only infecto). The infected people seem to want to kill the others and I would like to know why.

• 2 weeks later...
P.s. Just came across LOST bobble-heads! Funny stuff. Link: http://www.entertainmentearth.com/hitlist.asp?theme=LOST

And how about that Hurley in a bathrobe action figure? LOL!

• 3 weeks later...

No spoiler here, just a note to my fellow LOST fans:

You will NOT want to miss next week's March 23 episode. I've been waiting for this one for a long time and can hardly sleep just thinkin' about it! Nuff said.

• 2 weeks later...

Lost's finale 'pretty amazing'

Source: The Press Association

April 1, 2010

(Since this really doesn't contain any spoiler info, I'm posting it under general discussion just to whet appetites for what is to come. It encourages me to know that the actors seem satisfied with the outcome of the show.- kayo)

Daniel Dae Kim has hinted that Lost will bow out with a spectacular finale.

Details of the last episode, titled The End, have been kept top secret, but the US actor, who plays Jin-Soo Kwon in the hit TV show, said it will blow fans' minds.

"It's pretty amazing; for me it was very satisfying - after I read it (the script), I had to sit for five or 10 minutes, just reflecting and digesting, because it definitely makes an impact," he told People.com.

"If you think about how many pieces the writers had to put together in order to make it fall into place, it's mind-boggling, and they did such a great job. Some of the twists and turns are just so clever."

Daniel, who has landed a starring role in the Hawaii Five-O remake, has mixed emotions about Lost coming to an end after six seasons.

"I definitely feel like a very important chapter in my life is coming to a close. It's hard not to feel the weight of that," he said.

"I'm looking back with great fondness and pride, and I'm also excited to move forward and start writing the next chapter."

The final episode will be broadcast in the US on May 23.

1270654482086093600.jpg1270653947013445300.gif1270654521004026900.jpg

4 8 15 16 23... 46? Oh $#%@!!!

It's been a long, boring day down in the Swan, chilling in your khaki jumpsuit, listening to your favorite Mama Cass record and staring at a blinking cursor.

Where's your partner? Why can't you switch off number-punching duties? Oh, right. You killed him. And now you have to wake up every 108 minutes or the world starts shaking and metallic objects threaten to pin you against the wall.

Trust us, brother, this is no way to live. And luckily--or not, right, Hugo?--you don't have to. Our Dharma Initiative Alarm Clock is conveniently programmable to go off only once every 24 hours, and at a time convenient to you.

But if you don't get the numbers right before you see the hieroglyphs, there's no guaranteeing what will happen.

Product Features:
  • Two alarm settings: one-minute warning and electromagnetic cataclysm modes
  • (Okay, really, you can set it for your normal wake-up time.)
  • Requires 2 x AAA batteries
  • 23-year warranty, or until your house implodes
  • Walt, geodesic dome, and polar bear not included

$49.99 USD

1270654586069169100.jpg

1270654036047364400.jpg

1270654659048825500.jpg

Source: http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/dharma-a....shtml?cpg=128H

LOL, I saw that circulating on April Fool's Day! I think it's a joke-but I still want one.

Courtesy of: THEFUTONCRICIT

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile in other news at the Alphabet, the network's "Lost" recap special preceeding the series finale on Sunday, May 23 has been expanded to two hours. The extra 60 minutes will bump the season finale of "America's Funniest Home Videos" up to May 16.

In total, ABC will have five hours of "Lost"-themed programming on May 23: the two-hour recap special, the two-hour series finale and a special "Lost"-themed edition of "Jimmy Kimmel Live."

• 2 weeks later...
ABC to Re-Broadcast Lost Pilot the Night Before Series Finale

The Lost finale celebration just keeps getting bigger.

ABC plans to re-air the two-hour Lost pilot the night before the series finale, TVGuide.com has confirmed.

Will you watch all five hours of the Lost's series finale night?

The first episode, which premiered Sept. 22, 2004, will air May 22 at 8/7c. The next night, May 23, ABC plans to air five hours of Lost-centric programming, including a two-hour preshow and recap, the two-hour series finale and a special edition of Jimmy Kimmel Live: After the Final Rose.

The news was first reported by The Wrap.

Source: TV Guide

Exclusive: ABC Re-Airing 'Lost' Pilot

ABC is planning a "Lost" weekend: The network has just scheduled a

repeat showing of the show's two-hour 2004 pilot for the night before

its finale.

The J.J. Abrams-directed, $10 million-plus

spectacular will air Saturday, May 22, from 8-10 p.m., ABC told

affiliates today. The two-hour finale will air the following evening

from 9-11 p.m.

This brings the total number of "Lost" hours ABC

is planning for the week of May 17 to 10. There's the penultimate

episode of May 18; the pilot encore on May 22; a two-hour pre-show/recap

on May 23; the finale itself; and "Jimmy Kimmel: After the Final Rose"

(also on May 23).

The last time ABC aired the "Lost" pilot, by

the way, was back in February 2006. It also got repeated in 2004 and

Source: The Wrap

• 3 weeks later...

I'm SO pumped! My son and I are going to this on Thursday: LOST Final Celebration I called for tickets right when they started sellng them and was able to get 2 tickets in the main section. Woo hoo! It sold out in ten minutes too...so, so excited. Anyway, just had to share :animated_bouncy:

BTW- Tonight's episode "Across the Sea" is an episode NOT TO MISS!

NO CELL PHONES, CAMERAS OR RECORDING DEVICES ALLOWED IN THE THEATER.
I have a feeling they mean business!

They'll probably have a whole "coat check" system for cell phones.

Now how are you supposed to get a photo with Hurley, I ask you?

Better bring some photos to sign, in that case, or you'll be one of hundreds who gets an autographed Program.

I have a feeling they mean business!

They'll probably have a whole "coat check" system for cell phones.

You're not kidding! They sent me a notice with the tickets (which look like Oceanic Airline passenger tickets-very cool!) and have sent two e-mail reminders in the last week.

Now how are you supposed to get a photo with Hurley, I ask you?

Better bring some photos to sign, in that case, or you'll be one of hundreds who gets an autographed Program.

Good idea! Now where am I going to find a glossy Hurley, Ben or Richard photo...hmm. I didn't care so much about an autograph, I just really wanted to get some photos of them. We thought after it was done we could race to the car, get our cameras and then see if we could find out where they'll come out of the auditorium at.

I've returned from the most amazing weekend EVER. The LOST Final Celebration was more than we could have even hoped for or guessed it would be! We arrived at the UCLA campus a bit early to be sure to get a decent parking spot, but that didn't turn out to be a problem at all. When we crossed over the footbridge from the parking garage to Royce Hall, we noticed several "doormen" guarding a door and shooing cars away from that area. We made a mental note to check that area out after the event was done.

When we went inside Royce Hall we noticed a long line and thought it was the line to get in. We eventually discovered that this wasn't the line to get in, but rather it was the merchandise line. So we went around to the front and were told that we could go right in if we already had our tickets- but we had to go through a metal detector first and were asked for the eight-millionth time if we had any cameras or cell phones on us. When we went into the auditorium, we discovered that it was a MUCH smaller and more intimate atmosphere than we were expecting. We were told that the auditorium only seated 1800 max. I was feeling more fortunate for being able to get tickets by the minute!

We were given souvenir programs made for the event, which were really cool and our seats were centrally located. The front screen had a 3D logo of LOST that periodically changed or moved (along with ocean waves that occasionally appeared. After we sat down we became enveloped in what my son called the LOST geek "brotherhood"- everyone around us was just as excited as we were and happy to talk all things LOST with others around them. The guy next to us seemed to know alot of the people there and pointed out other online journalists, LOST bloggers and celebs to us. He pointed out a guy from the show Parks and Recreation, which I don't watch so I had no idea who he was. I did recognize Kristin from EOnline and Doc Jensen from EW.

The show started with an introduction of Damon and Carlton and then they introduced a boatload of the cast members one by one- we had no idea that that many of the cast would be there! It was so AWESOME. They gave a bit of an introduction for each one and so it took awhile to get through them all. Here's a photo I found online of everyone who was there:

lostfinalcelebrationcas.jpg

(from left to right by character names: Sawyer, Hurley, Ben, Jin, Desmond, Penny, Richard, Michael, Walt, MIB, Boone, Daniel, Charlotte, Rose, Pierre Chang, Doc Arzt, Ethan, Abaddon, Cassidy, young Ben.)

After the cast introductions, they introducted the orchestra and Michael Giacchino, or as Damon called him, "Giacchenius!" Then the orchestra, directed by Michael G., played six pieces of music from the show with a slide show in the background. The cast all came into the audience and sat down and watched too. After the concert portion was done, they gave us a special preview of the entire episode to be shown tonight (that's why no cell phones or cameras). All I will say here is - it's a GREAT episode and things are barreling full-steam ahead! It was so much fun watching it with an entire room of LOST fans- lots of laughing, cheering and gasps. I'll post more in the spoiler section for those who want to know more about what happens. After the episode was done they gave a final introduction of the writers of the episode and one of the main directors Jack Bender.

After the show, people dressed in Dharma jumpsuits were handing out what they called "Dharma water" at the door. My son and I thought it was funny watching people getting all excited about it yelling "I have Dharma water! woo hoo!" and one girl got mad at her boyfriend because he actually opened it and drank it. We laughed because it was just Vitaminwater...that is, that's what we thought until we looked at it closer later and discovered that the Company that makes Vitaminwater actually made special bottles for the night with "Dharmawater" written across the side and the Dharma logo on it. They also had names for the drinks like "faith" and "renewal". Pretty funny.

BUT the most exciting part of the night happened afterwards! As we were crossing the bridge to go back to our car, we could see that a cast party was going on in a section of the building on an upper level. We also noticed that there were more of the "doormen" around the area I mentioned earlier, and we could see about 10-15 people lined up behind metal barriers close by...and Jeremy Davies was out there signing autographs! So we ran to the car to get our cameras and cellphones and came back. When we got there, he was already gone and someone said that the actor who played Ethan had also come out. We were disappointed but figured that if they came out, then others would probably follow. And we were right!!

Sonya Walger (Penny) came out next and went down the line taking photos and talking to people-she was so nice! Next came the actor who played Pierre Chang (Miles' dad), then Arzt (he was leaving in a limo then had his driver stop and jumped out of the car to come talk to us. Such a funny, nice guy!), then Nestor Carbonell aka RICHARD (he was so gracious and MAN, does he smell good! And I vouch for the fact that he does NOT wear eyeliner), then Harold Perrineau (Michael), Walt (he doesn't even look the same at all), my favorite HURLEY (yeah!), Daniel Dae Kim (Jin), the actress who plays Charlotte (she was super-personable, outgoing and talkative...and much prettier in person than on the show, imo), Titus Welliver (MIB- he talked with us the longest...really easy-going guy!), one of the writers and Jack Bender. Josh Holloway got the biggest cheer when he came out the door but he got right in his limo. As he came by the line, he rolled down his window and yelled out, "sorry I can't stay but you guys rock!" When Ian Somerholder (Boone) came by in his limo, he stuck head and arms out the window and yelled "I'm sorry I have a plane to catch...you are all #%&* amazing, I love you all!" He looked pretty plastered. Damon Lindelof also yelled a greeting as he passed by but the rest of the cast just waved before entering there vehicles/limos. I ended up getting a photo of me with Jorge Garcia, Nestor Carbonell and Jack Bender, and photos of my son with Sonya Walger, Daniel Dae Kim, Titus Welliver, Daniel Roebuck (Arzt) and Harold Perrineau. We were there until 1 am hoping to meet Henry Ian Cusick (Desmond) but when we found out he had left really early in the evening, we headed back to our hotel because I was FREEZING! But it was a good freezing! ;) Will try and post a few photos later...

Sounds like a really fun experience kayo. I know how much you've enjoyed this series so, I'm really happy that you and your son went together... looking forward to pics!

Thanks for sharing your experience with us!

It makes me feel somehow closer to the show, just knowing that I know someone who was there for that.

I'm so glad you had such a great time, that I'm not even jealous anymore.

(Ok, maybe still just a little bit!)

Several of the photos I won't post because my son is in them and I'll only post one with me in it, but here are a few:

p1010774ns.jpg

p1010754q.jpg

lol, here is my first photo of Sonya...I honestly wasn't trying to get a shot of just her legs but started to bring the camera down as the flash went off...p1010752h.jpg

p1010762i.jpg

(I think Ian had a few too many)

p1010768g.jpg

,,,and the coveted photo becomes a reality! Too bad I look like a total goof. I don't think I've ever had a photo taken before where I'm smiling this big...

1004486w.jpg

Well, I see genuine excitement kayo... great picture!