1 member has voted

1. 1. How cool are Rob and amber

• Super Cool
    • Cool
    • They're okay
    • Rob is cool but Amber can go!
    • Not Even Cool
    • Who?

Spooky, you said that so clearly and so concisely! You hit the nail on the head with one swift blow. While visiting another site that offers live chats with Reality "Celebs", I was chatting with one of the moderators in the lobby. Everyone there constantly used the world celebrity. I asked what makes these reality game show contestants celebrities....he answered quite simply. You do, you and every other person who clings to the every move.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest XandraSkye
And like I've said before, I never watched TAR race before this season so I'm one of those people that tune in to watch because I'm already familiar with someone on the show.

Guest cappy
I say who cares. I think that CBS and viewers should have known what to expect when it was leaked that Rob and Amber would be participating on The Amazing Race 7. Isnt it obvious? I mean come on guys! Rob and Amber, your not expecting them to play all nice and fair as if Rodger and Elisabeth (S2), or Paschal and Neleh (S4) were participating. These people seen how coniving Rob and Amber (mostly Rob) were on Survivor: All Stars so I think it was something to be expected.

I've seen other teams play "dirty' as it were, was just never highlighted quite as much as it has been with Rob and Amber, and that is because of who they are, and the reputation Rob has.

I have to wonder if a new player, someone no one had ever seen before, played the same way, if they would be villified the same way Rob is or if they would be applauded??

Absolutely dglow!! People are expecting Rob to do 'underhanded' things so the producers are definitely focusing on that.

I agree that any other anonymous team that conducted themselves similar to Romber, would be applauded.

Guest susan

Love Romber, Love Romber!!!!! :D:D:D I alos like U/L, Gretchen gets on my nerves, I like her husband Meridith, SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy happy that Lyn and Alex are GONE, they were kinda funny but it got old with their hating on everything, especially Romber. They also were sooo self-important, they put the people in other countries down every chance they got and then had the nerve to hate on Romber because Romber didn't stop for the brothers accident, they weren't right and not right enough to win the million. It's gonna be a humdinger to the end, I want Romber to win, big time!!!!! :evil: :twisted: :twisted: 8) :!: :!:

I have been reading this thread for days and listening to everyone gush about how wonderful Rob and Amber are and how all the other teams are jealous. I see a lot of justifications for Romber's actions in the game from the pro-Rombers, whereas the rest of us are wincing.:roll:

Part of their popularity with the posters on this board is because the women find Rob cute/handsome and the men find Amber hot/pretty. Of course, everyone loves how deceitful and nasty they are to the other teams. Like a badge of courage or something. I, personnally, will be elated if they lose the race to one of the other teams (unknown to America before the race started). I think one of the other teams deserve to win the money. One, for not having the advantages at the onset of the race that Rob and Amber had and two, because they have worked just as hard with much less antagonism toward their team members. I'm quite sure Romber have/or will have received lots of extras for their appearances on TV.:D

As for Jem, she has the moderator speech down. Don't worry, she'll take care of herself - either verbally or by deletion of your post! The agreement you signed when you registered here ensures that.

Spank me. I'm waiting with sharpened claws. :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

Spoken like a true Cat!

See now the problem with me and Romber is this : I think Rob is so-so in appearance and something in the way he presents himself just plain annoys me. Nothing special about him at all. I don't really care if these two win or lose. But that doesn't make me a hater -- just a non-lover. I think there are other teams far more entertaining but I'm not about to get sucked into a tv show to the extent where I am either lover or hater.

Spanking a cat can be very very dangerous work!

And the funny thing about this to me is I don't CARE!! I don't care if they win, I don't care if they lose..I don't care if you like them, I don't care if you don't like them!!

I'm here to be entertained!! And yes, I am entertained by people's constant need to show everyone why they feel this way and why someone else shouldn't feel that way.

If you liked Romber I'd hate them..Little bit of info. for all of you..I haven't watched the show in weeks!! I make it up as I go along!! To quote myself..YEE-FRICKIN-HAW!! :twisted:

Guest ranster627

Anyone keeping track of how many times Romber has ruled by coming in first or second, and what their average placement is?

It strikes me that this topic is a valid one!

Ranster :wink:

According to CBS.com Rombers average placing is 2nd.

Episode 1 - Third

Episode 2 - First

Episode 3 - Fifth

Episode 4 - First

Episode 5 - Second

Episode 6 - First

Episode 7 - This episode was continued

Episode 8 - Third

Episode 9 - Third

Guest ranster627

Thanks Moody,

That proves my thinking ... I can't think of another time when one team so dominated the game, whatever their tactics.

My hat goes off to an interesting team who really plays hard, and succeeds!

Guest cappy
Theres always one or two teams that dominate the race while theres always one team thats just barely escaping elimination.

And the funny thing about this to me is I don't CARE!!  I don't care if they win, I don't care if they lose..I don't care if you like them, I don't care if you don't like them!!

I'm here to be entertained!!  And yes, I am entertained by people's constant need to show everyone why they feel this way and why someone else shouldn't feel that way.

If you liked Romber I'd hate them..Little bit of info. for all of you..I haven't watched the show in weeks!! I make it up as I go along!!  To quote myself..YEE-FRICKIN-HAW!!  :twisted:

Well I couldn't let that pass!

Do you think that if a thread was started that was titled "Romber is a Bonehead", there wouldn't be pro and con discussions in that thread? Someone would most definitely take up for Romber. Why should it be any different for this particular thread?

And why would you not care when you constantly quote facts and opinions? Are we not to take you seriously on any of your statements?

Just asking. The post confused me. But then again, I have a mouse on my head. :D 8)

Guest Stewie
I have been reading this thread for days and listening to everyone gush about how wonderful Rob and Amber are and how all the other teams are jealous. I see a lot of justifications for Romber's actions in the game from the pro-Rombers, whereas the rest of us are wincing.:roll:

Part of their popularity with the posters on this board is because the women find Rob cute/handsome and the men find Amber hot/pretty. Of course, everyone loves how deceitful and nasty they are to the other teams. Like a badge of courage or something. I, personnally, will be elated if they lose the race to one of the other teams (unknown to America before the race started). I think one of the other teams deserve to win the money. One, for not having the advantages at the onset of the race that Rob and Amber had and two, because they have worked just as hard with much less antagonism toward their team members. I'm quite sure Romber have/or will have received lots of extras for their appearances on TV.:D

As for Jem, she has the moderator speech down. Don't worry, she'll take care of herself - either verbally or by deletion of your post! The agreement you signed when you registered here ensures that.

Spank me. I'm waiting with sharpened claws. :twisted:

Please send an 8x10 photo to my inbox if you wish to be spanked by me. I do have standards. :P