Best favorite song of the season

Worst

Best Simon Fuller

OK - I'm Ready :)

Best Simon Fuller's choice - This pick was easy. Not even a contest here

1. - Adam -

2. - Kris -

Worst

Best favorite song of the season - This was a tough pick. I think both did well with a slight edge to Kris

1. - Kris -

2. - Adam -

Worst

Best Coronation song - This song absolutely sucked! Hated it, but this was another "No Contest".

1. - Adam -

2. - Kris -

Worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.. Who wins American Idol? - Adam -

2.. Who do you want to win? - Adam - based on the season long performances of these two. Kris had more stinkers than Adam!

Tiebreaker System

NONE

*NO POINTS THIS WEEK EVERYONE GETS A CHEESECAKE :eat:

I'm pretty hungry UVP :D

I am one of one hundred thousand. I am the voice in the crowd that needs to be heard. I am a dreamer. I am ready. I am a superstar in the making. I am the next American Idol.

Two are left standing. But only one can take it all. But it is you who decide who will claim victory. This is the final performance show and this is American Idol!

Well hello, everybody, welcome to the final showdown. We are coming to you from the Nokia Theater in LA Live. Tonight is the battle between the acoustic rocker and the glam rocker. Conway versus California. The guy next door versus the guyliner. It comes down to Kris and Allen. Say hi to our judges, Randy Jackson, Kara DioGuardia, Paula Abdul, and Simon Cowell.

Right now lets bring out the two guys battling for the title. Get on your feet for Adam Lambert and Kris Allen!

Are you ready for tonight? Totally. Last week we held a coin toss and Kris won and chose to perform second. We will let them get back stage to get ready. Each of the guys has three songs - their favorite from the season, a song chosen by the producer of the show, and a song written by Kara DioGuardia. Now tomorrow night's results finale is so packed full of fun that it will go long, so if you are recording it, set your DVR's accordingly. We will get under way right after this message.

Tonight we are kicking things of with Adam Lambert. Ever wonder if he was born with the same vocal prowess? We listen to his parents talk about how he screamed through the night as a baby. Roll tape.

He had success with this song on the year of birth week, with Mad World, here is Adam Lambert. With fog rolling across the stage and Adam back lit in a greenish moonlight and wearing a black trench coat, it is a repeat performance of this terrific rendition of a song I first heard and fell in love with from Donnie Darko. The performance was understated, dramatic, pleasing to Goths everywhere. But while it was another solid Adam Lambert presentation, it was not any more special the second time around, just expected.

Randy said this is it, we are down to the wire, I love that you sang something you sang during the season, you showed your sensitive side, that performance, you are rocking the long coat, I am giving you an A+. Kara said from the first time he performed that song, she knew he was an incredible artist and shook up the competition making everyone else compare themselves to you. Paula said she is incredibly proud of him standing on that stage right now, bask in it, this is his moment, a great performance, a little more subdued and introverted but a taste of what we can expect from him. Simon said this was his favorite performance from the season but for some reason he thought it was a little theatrical, made him think of Phantom of the Opera, the dry ice, the long coat.

When Kris was a kid, he did not like to sing in front of family and they would bribe him with a quarter. Roll the tape as his mother describes the coupon system Kris invented. WIth his personal pick, Kris has chosen Ain't No Sunshine, live on the piano. Here's Kris Allen.

Wearing a black vest over a white V-neck and bathed in purple light, he brought out the R&B vibe with a strong, up beat vocal performance that brought its own kind of drama that had the audience (and me) spellbound.

Randy said it has been said about great basketball teams that, what I love so much about you is I can tell exactly what kind of record you will produce, but dude you saved what was your best for last, that was great. Kara said he has a way of creating an intim Paula said that he awakens the spirit in all of them and that is the mark of a true artist. Simon said this is a competition, when his name was announced last week he wasn't sure America made the right choice but after that performance, he absolutely takes that back.

Simon calls Round 1 for Kris. Adam Lambert takes the stage next for Round 2. Ding Ding!

It is too close to call tonight. Time for Round 2. These songs are picked by the creator of American Idol, Simon Fuller. First is Change Is Gonna Come for Adam Lambert.

A change of clothes puts Adam into a gray suit, accompanied on stage by a pair of guitars, it is another understated performance with a solid vocal, more dramatic in the singing as opposed to the theatricality. Half way though the song, he kicks it into overdrive, his face tearing up with emotion and a powerful final note to nail this round.

Randy said that song is an amazing R&B classic and what he did was that the real reason he is here is that he can sing his face off and that was unbelievable. Kara said that may have been his best performance and interpretation of song since the beginning of this competition, his range, his emotion, his winning combination is showing both sides of himself. Paula said this was the best he has ever ever ever sung ever, and he looks like a superstar up there and with every fiber of her Idol experience, he will be iconic. Simon said he is 100% back in the game, congratulations.

Game on. When we come back, Kris Allen hits the stage. Hang on.

Simon Fuller's choice for the pride of Arkansas is What's Going On. Center stage in a t-shirt and an acoustic guitar and flanked by tom toms, a washboard and a guitar, the performance is a solid and strong vocal presentation with energy and a great vibe. Kris looked very comfortable on the big screen as if he had been performing to thousands all his life. He did not let down his guard with that performance.

Randy said they have a real live dual competition, it was a great song choice, but maybe a bit light for this point in the competition. Kara said he has been true to himself since day one, not playing to the competition, he can deliver the message of a socially conscious song, he can lift them up and make them change. Paula said he tore it up and made Marvin Gaye proud. Simon said he loved the song but it was like 3 friends in their bedroom strumming along to Marvin Gaye, he did not grab hold of the song and make it his version, too laid back for this point in the competition.

At the end of round time, a million percent Adam, says Simon. We have Round Three next, says Ryan.

Coming up in the third round is No Boundaries, written by Kara DioGuardia. Up first, here's Lambert!

Dressed in jeans and a black beaded jacket, it starts out a bit subdued but lyrically fast paced. Then he kicks into the chorus with an passionate vocal, once again near tears as he raises the energy level another octave before dialing back for an emotional finish that let the song take the limelight. The thing about Adam with his overpowering voice is that it is hard to tell when he is singing for effect and when he is just singing off pitch. Given his talent, I am tempted to give him the benefit of the doubt, but his intensity sometimes makes watching him a tiring experience.

Randy said he will say it again, he can sing anything, the phone book, but that was not one of my favorite performances, a bit pitchy in spots. Kara said it is amazing when someone with his talent sings a song she has written and thanks her for giving her that moment. Paula said adjectives cannot express what he has brought to this show, season 8, it is remarkable, she is in awe, she will be a fan whatever he sings. Simon said he is not going to judge the song but him, over the season he has been one of the best contestants, one of the most original, he genuinely believes they have found a world wide star, congratulations.

Adam says he thinks he got the job done, performed some really cool songs, all different. Ryan calls him a class act as he reads out the numbers for the last time, with 4 hours to vote at the end of the show. Thank you very much, Mr. Adam Lambert.

After the break, Kris takes on the same song, No Boundaries, live.

For our last song of the competition this season, here is No Boundaries, Kris Allen.

With a totally different vibe, Kris stands alone on the stage dressed in black with a braided wrist band delivering a more country feel in his rendition, his power vocals strong and controlled, a passionate performance, the kind of song you might expect to hear recorded in Peyton Sawyer (excuse me, Peyton Scott)'s recording studio. It was not a home run but a solid finish.

Randy said he should be very proud of what he did, that final note was a little high, his voice was suited for that song better than Adam's. Kara said his voice was too high for that song and people should vote for him on the season. Paula said he should take it in, he has done an amazing job and this has been one of the most compelling finales, he deserves the spotlight. Simon said his highlight tonight was the first song he sang, but watching him tonight has been incredible compared to his first audition with no confidence, his parents are very proud and they should be and he thoroughly thoroughly deserves to be in it.

Kris, Do you think you will take the title? Adam and I agreed we were not competing, we just wanted to deliver a good show tonight.

The lines are now open and will be open for 4 hours. And remember, the two hour finale is set to go long, so set your DVRs accordingly. As we go, here is ACM entertainer of the year Carrie Underwood as we take a video flashback look at our season.

Fuskie

Who thinks for drama and intensity you have to go with Adam, but for heart and soul you have to go with Kris...

1.adam

2.kris

Worst

Best Simon Fuller

Round 1

1. Kris

2. Adam

Worst

Round 2

1. Adam

2. Kris

Worst

Best Coronation song

1. Kris

2. Adam (ouch...that was painful to listen to)

Worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.. Who wins American Idol? Kris

2.. Who do you want to win? Kris

:)

Thanks for doing the game this season uvp!

Thanks for doing the game this season uvp!

thanks

thanks to everyone for playing i had fun each week . but overall while not by fav season of idol overall definitely by fav idol season on morty's its the folks on the board that end up making the season in the end good.

1. Tie

2. Tie

Worst

Both singers really did fantastic for their favorite song of the season. I understand why Simon thought Adam was a little too theatrical. I'm just shocked it took him this long to point it out because he's been theatrical all along. But I think both singers connected with the song, and I put it at a tie.

Best Simon Fuller

I must admit that Adam didn't offend me nearly as much tonight as he has in the past performances. For some reason, they didn't pick a rock song for him to sing. I actually enjoyed his singing tonight. :)

1. Kris

2. Adam

Worst

Best Simon Fuller

1. Kris

2. Adam

Worst

Best Simon Fuller

Winners of cheesecake

Fuskie

kayo

uvp

Catwishes

erinjs

Misha

Fuskie

joyami

ElleNaturelle

ImIn

sonoerin

king123

CeCiMom

FLYNWA

SugarB

Everyone who played at least once this season

p7lgh.jpg

:party_smilie: :party_smilie: :notworthy: :notworthy:

:eat::eat::eat::eat::eat:

Welcome to the final showdown. It was their final battle, the biggest moment of their lives. These two lives have changed. But only one can win the title. This is the Finale. And This is American Idol!

Well, we have made it. Can you believe it? TOnight we crown your American Idol, it is one of the biggest tickets in town and you are lucky to be here. But it was your voices that will make the difference. Some of you couldn't get in last night but just under 100 million did, which brings our season total to over 640 million.

But first I want to pay my respects to the four people who brought us here. First my dog, for me for you. Roll Tape. The one and only, my dear friend, Randy Jackson.

And next the woman who really knows how to sweeten bad news. Roll Tape. Give it up for Kara DioGuardi.

And now, the judge who not only has the biggest heart in show business, but also the biggest vocabulary. Roll Tape. We love her, Paula Abdul.

And finally, I do have the utmost respect for this next man, who lets nothing pass him by. He hears every word and every note sung on this stage. Roll Tape. Simon Cowell, everybody.

So those are your judges but right now lets bring out the two guys who have captured the hearts of the nation. Please welcome Kris Allen and Adam Lambert.

They enter center stage both dressed in white, Kris in a shirt with white T and sneakers, and Adam with a white jacket and white V and boots. We head to Conway Arkensas where Mikalah Gordan is talking with fans. Kris tells them he loves them. Next we go down the 405 freeway to San Diego, California where Carly Smithson hosts Adam's fan party.

We are going to see a lot of surprises tonight as Ryan sends the two finalists back stage and brings out the top thirteen, performing on the big stage, singing Rock Star, led by Adam and Kris in the final Group Song of the season. Did I mention the teleprompter you could see in audience shots? At least one member of the audience gives them a standing ovation, although I am not sure why.

I should stop and mention that if you are hoping for quick results, forgetaboutit. Its gonna be a long night as Ryan promised last night that we would go beyond the 2 hours allotted for the results show. So if you are all about the journey, then by all means hang in there and come with me for a ride. But if you are all about the destination, you should scroll down to the end of this post for instant gratification. Its your choice. Its your loss.

On that stage, one year ago, a bartender turned into the American Idol and changed his life. Now he is back with his new single, Permanent. Ladies and Gentlemen, David Cook!

Standing center stage with his band bathed in green, he opens to a piano accompaniment with a fantastic vocal that reminds me of why he beat out little David Archuletta last year. It is a dramatic, emotional performance without the over-the-top theatrics. When the band kicks in, we see that David was born to front for a rock band as he blows the house down with his power, his subtlety and his amazing ability to grab an audience and not let go.

David Cook, America. Thank you. Its great to see you, man. It's great to be home. I know its been a difficult couple of weeks for you but thats a great song. Its a great song and an honor to my brother. All proceeds from the sale of this song on iTunes he wishes he had prepared something. He rips off his sweatsuit to reveal his trademark shirt, shorts and sneakers, taking over the stage with his performance reprise. Norman Gentle, 09. Peace Out.

It is time for our first duet of teh evening, with Cue The Rain, its Lil Rounds and Queen Latifah!

When we come back from the break, it is Anoop on the Idol stage with Jason Mraz. They are joined on stage by the other top 13 idols.

Right now I am sure you are cheering on your favorites. lets hear it for the Kris Allen fans. Well this is for you, the journey of Kris Allen. Roll Tape. We will soon see if he walks away with the prize. Right now here he is with a superstar, with Kiss A Girl, its Kris Allen and Keith Urban!

Back on the stage are 5 the Top 13 lady idols with their sub group song. While they sing I will take this opportunity to remind you that we are less than an hour into the results finale and no where near getting any actual results, as Allison announces Fergie who takes the stage, backed up by the female five. Allison announces the Black Eyed Peas who come out complete with zebra dancers as Fergie joins them for what I can only describe as the Boom Boom song since this is definitely not my style of music.

That is why they are number one, the Black Eyed Peas and Fergie. Three Grammies, that's how we do it. Right now, lets continue with the Golden Idols with our salute to those who kept their composure in the face of adversity. The nominees are Katrina Darrow, Alexis Cohen and Tiffany Shedd. Let the Golden Idol goes to Katrina Darrow who comes out on stage augmented in a two piece bikini as Randy's mouth drops, and gives Ryan a kiss on the lips. Ryan says he doesn't have to ask what's new. Katrina performs on the AI stage but no one was paying attention to her voice. Then Kara Dioguardi comes out and they sing a duet together, well Kara singing mostly as Katrina was surprised to see her nemesis on stage. As the song ends, Kara's dress falls open to reveal a black bikini underneath. Ryan says that Kara came out on a bet and there will be a donation to her favorite charity.

Now time for some more music. She was the last girl standing in the competition this season. With Time After Time, say hello to Allison Iraheta and Cindy Lauper!

Cindy Lauper and the incredibly talented Allison Iraheta. OK, let me have the ALlen Parents here. Congratulations, you should be proud of what your son as accomplished. Mom, how nerve wracking is it waiting? We actually forgot why we were here, we've been having such a great time. Dad says that they are there to celebrate two very talented gentlemen and thank everyone who voted. On the Lambert side, both parents are very proud, say both winners. She admits to being honest.

Now you may remember this guy. He got so close. Ladies and gentlemen, Danny Gokey. He is sitting on stage in jeans and a black leather jacket, singing Hello. When he finishes, he introduces Mr. Lionel Ritchie and they sing a duet of Just Go, followed by All Night Long.

I would like to tell you at this point that with 45 minutes remaining until the top of the hour, the results are near. But that just wouldn't be true as my TV Guide shows tonight's finale running until 10:07pm, so if you have run out of patience, scroll on down. But if you can handle the excitement, if you can handle verbosity, if you can handle the seemingly never-ending story, then saddle up and lets get back to it. As the tension builds, things are going to get explosive!

Who here is for Adam Lambert? Lets take a look at his journey. Roll Tape. Now on stage, its Adam Lambert in a black leather, riveted wire frame accentuated shirt, singing Beth from KISS. Ladies and Gentlemen, Adam shouts, KISS! With pyrotechnics, smoke and fog and lowered from a suspended stage its the original head knockers in full costume and makeup singing Rock City with Adam, followed by Rock 'N' Roll All Night, and of course the obligatory guitar smashing as Adam lets out one final squeal.

You are back live on the Finale on American Idol. Right now, let's welcome to the stage the guitar legend, Carlos Santana, performing Black Magic Woman with Matt Giraud. He is joined by Adam, Kris and the rest of the top 13. Our top 13 and Carlos Santana, everybody.

Our results and more surprises coming up still, but here is our final Ford Music Video of the season, a duet by Adam and Kris as they flash back through all the past Ford Music Videos from season 8. David Cook announces that they have a big surprise for Adam and Kris and as the tape rolls, he announces that Ford has given them brand new Ford Fusion Hybrids.

Our next guess is a world class comedic icon, but he loves music just as much. Please welcome Megan Joy, Michael Sarver and Steve Martin on the banjo, singing Pretty Flowers written and accompanied by Steve Martin.

Taking the stage after the break, its the Top 13 men singing Da Ya Think I'm Sexy before Adam introduces Rod Stewart singing Maggie May. Loved the song, but not sure which was harder to take, his raspy voice or his plaid jacket. Rod Stewart, ladies and gentlemen, music royalty.

Now before your results, its the last Golden Idol category for the evening. The nominees for Outstanding Female are Chelsea Marquart, Irene Anquelova, Dana Moreno and Tatiana Nicole Del Toro. And the Golden Idol goes to Tatiana Nicole Del Toro! Stay right there, I'm out of time, we are late for a break. Stay with us, I have your results coming up. Tatiana runs up to the stage, breaks through security, collects her Idol and starts singing as Ryan and security try to stop her and go to break. Eventually, the commercials win.

It is now 10 minutes until 10pm, which means we are nearing the time when Ryan begins to vamp in anticipation of drawing out the final announcement to the very furthest it can be extended. If you can't wait, then skip down to the bottom but since you have hung with me this far, let's go for broke.

In a few short minutes, either Kris Allen or Adam Lambert will walk away with the title. But in the eyes of the nation, both are victorious.

Kris and Adam stand on the platform behind the judges and sing Queen's We Are The Champions. As the backdrop is lifted, Queen is revealed along with a choir to back them up. Kris is clearly having fun while Adam has a look of intensity. After the performance, both are hugged by Brian May as Adam and Kris's cloud nine night continues.

Welcome back, this is it. The finale. It is American Idol. Here are Kris and Adam. Before the results, Simon, you have discovered many talents over the years. What do you have to say to these two? You are both incredible artists, incredibly nice people and whatever happens tonight, you should both be very proud.

Ryan has the accounting person bring out the envelope with the certified results, a new world record with almost 100,000,000 votes cast.

For the final time this season, dim the lights, here we go.

After the nationwide vote of nearly 100 million, the winner of American Idol 2009 is...

Kris Allen!

Kris barely has time to express shock before Adam embraces him.

Adam Lambert, ladies and gentlemen. You are a superstar. Kris Allen, you have just won American Idol.

Are you serious? Are you freakin' serious?

You deserved it.

Adam is freakin' incredible too.

We have something for you, first there is the American Idol trophy.

What do you want to say to those who voted for you? Thank you, you are the reason I am here.

Two superstars, Adam Lambert and Kris Allen, everyone.

A huge thank you to our judges and Ricky Minor and the band. Thank you for making this season such a great season and we will see you next January when we do it all again.

And now it is my honor to give you your American Idol, singing No Boundaries, Kris Allen!

Kris reprises his Idol-winning performance of the Kara Dioguardi song as his mom, dad, brother and wife look on from their front row seats.

Kris leads all the idols down to the platform around the judges as a wall of fireworks come down, followed by an explosion of confetti. For Kris Allen, there are truly no boundaries.

To paraphrase Ryan Seacrest, Fuskie Out.

Fuskie

Who thanks you for reading my American Idol live show recaps this season, especially if you read through the full recap of tonight's show. Please remember the discussion and chat continue year long on Morty' TV (http://mortystv.com)...

Thank you uvp for such a fun game to play. Thank you fuskie for your reviews. I have enjoyed reading them each time. And thank you to everyone who actually put up with and read my long reviews as well. I had a lot of fun this season.

Thank you so much uvp for a great job and lots of fun this season!!!

Fuskie, thanks for the wonderful updates.

See you all here next year!!

Thanks UVP for doing the cheesecake challenge - lots of fun to play or just read what others think.

sorry i left you off the list

i totally forgot about you adding you to the list now