Show your colors!

Dade

Root for your favorite by showing your colors in American Idol Chat on Wednesday May 20 at 8ET.

Kris is Red

Adam is Green

Let's make it look like Christmas in May!!

i dont know who i am rooting for yet

heh, heh. Oh yes you do, uvp! Either that or you just like the color red. ^_^

Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make the chat but I'm rooting for

:guitarist:KRIS ALL THE WAY!!!:sing::lousings:

I'm voting for Kris. You know... the other guy who is on the show who deserves to win. The one who has fought and clawed his way each week to get better and better and gather quite a lot of the voters from the departing contestants. The one who has had to deal with the judges unfavorable pimpage of the "chosen one". The one who has had 1 pimp spot compared to the 5 pimp spots of the other guy. The one who can play not only one instrument, but two. The one who is most likely to actually write his own music and be a true artist as a singer/songwriter. Yeah... that one.

I don't think he deserves to win. You even just said yourself how he picked up votes from those who departed.... why didn't he have their votes over them from the get go? Oh ya, because it wasn't until recently that he was remotely any good.

On that note, good for him for getting better. But in my opinion, he's hit or miss. You can never be sure...well, I can never be sure. It's clear others say the same about Adam and I do respect that, despite how I may come off.

I'm voting for Kris. You know... the other guy who is on the show who deserves to win. The one who has fought and clawed his way each week to get better and better and gather quite a lot of the voters from the departing contestants. The one who has had to deal with the judges unfavorable pimpage of the "chosen one". The one who has had 1 pimp spot compared to the 5 pimp spots of the other guy. The one who can play not only one instrument, but two. The one who is most likely to actually write his own music and be a true artist as a singer/songwriter. Yeah... that one.

:notworthy::hurray::)

I don't think he deserves to win. You even just said yourself how he picked up votes from those who departed.... why didn't he have their votes over them from the get go? Oh ya, because it wasn't until recently that he was remotely any good.

On that note, good for him for getting better. But in my opinion, he's hit or miss. You can never be sure...well, I can never be sure. It's clear others say the same about Adam and I do respect that, despite how I may come off.

Kris is just as deserving to win AI as Adam (as if there are really any losers at this point.) He has been very good throughout the competition...and has progressively gotten better. Sure...there's been a few bumps in his progress...but imo there have bad performances by all the contestants...including Adam. Kris has worked hard to get there and has had the votes to get him through from week to week to land him in the top 2...without the judges and production pimpage and media hype that Adam and Danny have had. He did it solely on fan support. He's like the little train that could...and we all know how that story ends...:)

As far as Kris now picking up votes from fans of those now departed :sadangel: ...it's more likely they like Kris and his style of music more than Adam....and would buy/listen to his music. I doubt that there are really that many voters out there that would care enough to spend a lot of time and energy voting for Kris solely because they dislike Adam. I don't think Adam is so despised that people would care that much if he won or not...but if they did vote for that reason...it'd be a pretty strong negative opinion of Adam to have warranted such a reaction. I'm sure there aren't too many people out there, if any, that are voting solely for Adam because they dislike Kris so much....hmmm.

I'm sure of one thing...I prefer Kris way more than Adam....and have throughout the show. Sure, I'd enjoy seeing Adam perform in a musical theater production...that's his forte and he is excellent in that genre....but Kris is the type of musical artist that I'd more likely want to listen to on a daily basis in my home, car, etc...

I doubt that there are really that many voters out there that would care enough to spend a lot of time and energy voting for Kris solely because they dislike Adam. I don't think Adam is so despised that people would care that much if he won or not...but if they did vote for that reason...it'd be a pretty strong negative opinion of Adam to have warranted such a reaction. I'm sure there aren't too many people out there, if any, that are voting solely for Adam because they dislike Kris so much....hmmm.

You would be surprised. I've seen a lot of Danny fans backing Kris now so that Adam won't win. It's been on several other boards and comments on You Tube. That's why I needed to have my little rant. Thanks for putting up with it and sorry if I offended anyone. Late night commenting brings out the b*tch in me.

In the beginning, Adam wasn't really liked until he started doing the stripped down ballads. As a matter of fact, many people do NOT like Adam going over the top in his rock performances. The only way they have liked Adam was when he went away from the rock genre that he prefers to sing. I can say for sure that I hated his Ring of Fire debaucle. And I did not like his songs last week either.

I did like Kris before though. There were times that I enjoyed Kris' performance better than Adam's performance and vice versa. Feel free to read through all of my previous reviews. :2thumbsup:

I think you and I are getting upset at the same thing, but over different people. You don't like the fact that so many people seem to be "gunning" for Adam. I did not like the fact that so many people were "gunning" for Danny. I wasn't on the Gokey Train or whatever you want to call it, but I enjoyed his singing immensely. I didn't really have a favorite but I didn't think that people should be bashing him like that. The more they bashed him, the more protective I felt. Even now, I can't say for sure if I would buy his CD. I like his voice. I might buy it. I like Kris' voice. I might buy his. Depending on how Adam approaches his CD, I might buy his. But I sure don't want to support the producers this year.

But both Adam and Kris deserve to win. They both made it this far and are the two finalists.

I think you and I are getting upset at the same thing, but over different people. You don't like the fact that so many people seem to be "gunning" for Adam. I did not like the fact that so many people were "gunning" for Danny. I wasn't on the Gokey Train or whatever you want to call it, but I enjoyed his singing immensely. I didn't really have a favorite but I didn't think that people should be bashing him like that. The more they bashed him, the more protective I felt. Even now, I can't say for sure if I would buy his CD. I like his voice. I might buy it. I like Kris' voice. I might buy his. Depending on how Adam approaches his CD, I might buy his. But I sure don't want to support the producers this year.

Very good overall post Misha. I felt the same way about Danny. I liked his singing and resented the comments about his wife and milking the competition, etc. It made me angry that the judges and producer promoted Adam so intensely. I didn't think it was fair but we all know these shows aren't about fairness.

I was never an Adam fan from the beginning and as the show progressed and he was shoved down our throats so much and lifted to stardom on this board, I had enough. Early on I tried to be objective and give him credit for some of his performances but I found his self-indulgent personality too over-bearing and have since bailed on even trying.

I don't really care who wins at this point but I am still supporting Kris.

I don't think neither Danny or Adam were shoved down anyone's throats. People are given what they ask for. The fans on this board like who they like and talk about them.... even if one of their favs are in the minority (I praised Meghan even though most ppl hated her and it was okay for me that people didn't share the same thoughts).

My whole thing over Adam is when I hear or see people saying how they're going to vote to make a point. That to me is ridiculous. The producers didn't make Adam a star, he's been doing this for awhile and knows how to work things himself. If he was really good, the judges told him so... just like when Kris was really good, they told him so. It's not Adam's fault that he was better than he was worse, but learned from the critiques given. I remember Simon hating his whole Ring Of Fire, then Adam scaling it totally back the next week to show a different side of him. Not only is he talented, he's smart too. Can't fault him for that.

i dont have java install on my linux box

i took it off too lazy to reinstall

but i am here and on jokers in the general discussion as always