Top 3 - May 12 & 13/Morty's cheesecake game

uvp

best song 1

worst

best song 2

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes?

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first?

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?

+3For guessing who gets the lowest number of votes

+3Guessing which idol will be told they are in the finale first

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS May 13, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

best

1.Kris

2.Danny

3.Adam

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Adam

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Kris

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Kris

best song 1

1.kris

2.adam

3.danny

worst

best song 2

1.danny

2.kris

3.adam

worst

overall kris best of night

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes?danny

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first?adam

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?danny or going with the one no one pick

They have become heroes in their hometowns, but tonight, who can garner the support of the nation? We are one week away from the finale, and these are your Top Three. And This is American Idol!

Good evening, welcome, good to see you. Let's rock. We are live from Hollywood and welcome to our 300th episode, ladies and gentlemen, can you believe that? Next week is our finale, we have gone from 100,000 to our three amigos. Say hi to the people who go them here, Randy, Kara, Paula and his heinousness, Simon Cowell. They will of course give their opinions but who Get on your feet for the top three, here they are, America.

Adam. Kris and Danny. Over the weekend, these guys went home and home went mad. Check out the video. But tonight our top three are performing two songs for you, one from the judges and one a personal choice. First, we are going to Milwaukee, Paula's choice for Gokey.

Video of Danny getting her song choice for him, Dance Little Sister by Terence Trent D'arby. He had never heard of the song but he threw everything he had at it. It was not a bad performance, although it kind of sounded like every other Gokey performance: Strong vocals, a cool duet with the saxophone, decent dance moves, audience interaction and judge interaction. But the question is whether or not it stood out given the competition. Randy said let the games begin, the way to jump it off tonight, a light of energy, performing like crazy, sounding good, a little hoarse, it was dope, dude. Kara said the dancing was a little too gyrating for her, he is a great singer but will she remember the performance tomorrow? Paula said she is a choreographer and he did really good, he let the magic part of his voice carry throughout the song, way to go. Simon said this is a singing show, not that funny little dancing show next door, the dancing was a little desperate, vocally very good, his biggest problem was the toy saxophone solo in the middle, it was just the wrong song.

After the break, we have a song for Kris Allen from Kara and Randy. On stage at home, Kris gets a new phone and a text message announcing his song is Apologize by One Republic. Performing as the dark horse and sitting at the grand piano, its a vocal-central performance, a bit understated but emotional as he weaves in his falsetto with the background vocals. The piano is a bit undermic'd but it accentuates a strong performance that should make his fans happy, provided they remember after the phones open. Randy said right now its about who is going to win this thing, he could have a song like this that could sell millions of records, this song shows who you could be in the record business, nice job. Kara said it was a competent performance but at this stage he has to hit it out of the park, she wanted him to make it his own, just just sit behind the piano, take chances. Paula said she is used to taking artistic chances, there was a lound bum note, but she is proud, all three of them are worthy to be in the top 2 spots. Simon said to be honest, Kara's comments were a cop-out, it was a competent version of the song that was well done, but Randy and Kara should have worked out his arrangement.

When we come back, what has Simon chosen for Adam? Find out after this break. Continuing with the judges' choices, Adam receives a text from Simon telling him to sing One by U2. With special permission from Bono, Adam starts off quiet and dramatic with a simple vocal that is in no hurry, full of expression, building up into high drama ballad bordered on shrieking and notes that just grated on me. The performance closed with a return to the quiet side but by then, the damage had been done on these ears. Randy said dude, let me just say this, you are definitely still in the zone, one of the hottest three, unbelievable vocals, lost me a little going off the melody, you are a really talented guy. Kara called him a strategist, taking a song and changing up the melody, changing up the instruments and making it unbelievable, he is is own artist, his own person. Paula said it is miserable sitting next to a gloating Simon, it was one brilliant song, one superb performance and one American Idol standing in front of me. Simon said it may sound a little biased, but that was a brilliant song choice, he worked out what he wanted to do with it, a brilliant, brilliant performance, and if you are not in the final next week it will be one of the biggest upsets ever.

One down, one to go. After the break, we will step back from the competition for an important Idol Gives Back message. Stay with us.

Welcome back to American Idol. Idol Gives Back has been a huge success and over the last two years, thanks to your efforts, we have raised over $140 million. This year, we go back to Africa to take a look at how your money has been put to use. Watch this video with Carrie Underwood. Toll Tape.

Now back to work this evening, you have seen the battle of the egos in the judges' choice, now its idol's turn. Danny Gokey is up next after this break.

Say hi to Danny Gokey, ladies and gentlemen, now its your choice, last chance to make an impression on the audience before the finale. The strategy for this week was to through a whole bunch of songs and ideas started coming and we put down an arrangement. With You Are So Beautiful by Joe Cocker, the pride of Milwaukee, Danny Gokey. Accompanies by a string quintet, Danny was going for soft and sensitive but he sounded a bit off pitch and the performance seemed to drag even as it built up into a climatic conclusion despite the dearth of lyrics. Randy said amazing song, what he loved about what he did, the arrangement was different, but he showed he is here because he can really, really, really sing, mad vocals, dude. Kara said everything he didn't do in the first performance he did now, that was stunning, stunning. Paula said he left her breathless, the structure allowed him to do magic to it, changing the chord structure, infusing with R&B and gospel, it was a beautiful performance. Simon loved the song but thought it didn't need arranging, but since this a singing competition, he would call that a vocal master class.

We move on to Kris Allen, who did not have a difficult choice in deciding to sing Heartless by Kanye West. With a twinge of angst in his voice and an acoustic guitar around his neck, he starts out a Capella before accompanying himself on a daring rendition that presented only his talents to his fans, a strong vocal performance that grabbed the audience and carried them for the ride. Randy said this will be one of the toughest voting nights, that was one of the best versions of that song, better than the original, in it to win it, he loves it. Kara asks why didn't he do that with Apologize, it was bold, brave, no one else would do it that way, the tone, the pitch, the phrasing! Paula said he is a brave artist, it keeps him relevant being willing to do something completely different. Simon said after a lame first song choice, he had written him out of the competition but that has all changed after that performance.

When we come back, the personal selection of Adam Lambert, live. You've done Queen, you've done Share, what have you decided to go with tonight? Aerosmith with a song called Crying. Hoping to do him pride by not changing it up too much, Adam seemed to be rushing through the song at the start, harmonizing with his background singers that sounded again at times like shrieking, he launched into the middle portion of the performance with a raw, emotional vocal that left him red in the face as he held out his final notes. Randy said he is one of the best they have ever had on the stage, one of the most charismatic, one of the biggest, brightest stars, he should be a rock star because that's who he is. Kara wonders how he could hit those notes and then talk, who does that, that was amazing and see him at the finals. Paula said that if Steven Tyler was a mentor, he would have nothing to say, he will be flying high forever, she will see him next week and many years after that. Simon said it is very easy to assume he will sail through to the finale, but the show is about finding the top star and no one should assume he will make it and should vote, vote, vote.

Fuskie

Who was not able to get into Adam's performances tonight, and felt that Adam while vocally talented, continues to be a monotone performer and liked Kris's talent and risks tonight...

best song 1

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Danny

worst

best song 2

1. Kris

2. Adam

3. Danny

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Danny

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Adam

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Kris

Who was not able to get into Adam's performances tonight, and felt that Adam while vocally talented, continues to be a monotone performer and liked Kris's talent and risks tonight...

My husband felt the same way... just thought Adam was a'ight. Thinks Kris should take Danny's place in F2. (And, that says a lot because he's been a Danny fan since Day 1.)

best song 1

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam

worst

best song 2

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam

They were all very good tonight!! This is a hard one.

best song 1

1.Adam

2.Kris

3.Danny

worst

best song 2

1.Danny

2.Kris

3Adam

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Sorry but I can't decide so I'll just guess Kris

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Danny

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam

best song 1

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam

worst

best song 2

1. Danny

2. Kris

3. Adam

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Kris

Tiebreaker System

best song 1

1. Kris

2. Adam :P

3. Danny

worst

best song 2

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam :P

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

Tiebreaker System

:animated_rotfl:

best song 1

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Danny

worst

best song 2

1. Kris

2. Adam

3. Danny

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

Tiebreaker System

+3For guessing who gets the lowest number of votes

+3Guessing which idol will be told they are in the finale first

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS May 13, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

best song 1

1. Adam (Great Song - Performed OK)

2. Kris (Blah)

3. Danny (Poor Judge's Pick)

worst

best song 2

1. Danny (I've always loved Joe Cocker)

2. Adam (I got nothin' to say here)

3. Kris (I've never really cared for Kanye)

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? -Kris-

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? -Adam-

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? -Adam-

best song 1

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Danny

worst

best song 2

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

(I'm just going with what I hope will happen, at this point.)

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Danny

In the final 3, we have three artists who are each talented in their own rights.

The positives: Kris Allen is the only one left that seems to play an instrument, which gives him an edge that the others don't have. Adam has the theatrical training and stage experience that the other two lack. Danny just has this incredible voice that rarely hits an off note and can be gritty at times, and so smooth at other times.

The negatives: Kris just simply isn't as vocally talented as the others. Adam only seems to know two types of songs: over the top glam rock and stripped down ballad. Danny in a recent interview revealed that he usually doesn't know any of the songs that they have to sing from so he always has to learn the songs from scratch, which doesn't usually leave a lot of room for artistic interpretation or an emotional connection with the song.

In the week that the judges pick the songs, my category for song choice (SC) is replaced with the interpretation score (I). In other words, how well did they interpret the song they were given to make it absolutely incredible and mind blowing. In other words, it reflects my feeling on how they either changed the song up or didn't.

And I will not downgrade any of the performers based upon a song choice that is out of their control.

1. Danny Gokey - (1st: V- 24, SP- 14, A- 5, I- 4; Subtotal- 47; 2nd: V- 25, SP- 15,

A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 50; Overall Score- 522) -

1st song: Once I realized that Paula was picking Danny's song, I thought: Oh crap. Usually she picks really cheesy dance songs that rarely hit the singer's strengths. As I figured, Danny didn't know the song. But then he began singing. Though it wasn't "the best" performance, I was impressed that he was really able to keep the strength in his voice while he was "dancing" around. Though he really should hire a professional choreographer to help him out, he didn't do anything extremely ridiculous. Overall, he looked good, and his interpretation was okay.

2nd song: It was fairly obvious that this was one of the songs that Danny knew before picking it. He emotionally connected with this song and changed it just enough to create a magical moment. I looked for something flawed in that performance, but simply couldn't find it. Perfect vocals, perfect emotional connection that made for great stage presence, he loooked good, and it was a perfect choice because people know the song and wouldn't be offended by the changes he made.

2. Kris Allen - (1st: V- 21, SP- 14, A- 4, I- 4; Subtotal- 43; 2nd: V- 24, SP- 14, A-

4, SC- 5; Subtotal- 47; Overall score- 502) -

1st song: I like the song that Kris was given, but it required a vocal range that Kris simply does not possess. His falsetto didn't work which led to an off-key feel to the song. His enunciation was pretty poor during the song and there were a lot of blurred words. And might I add... I'm not a huge fan of faded jeans. The interpretation of the song was okay. Not terrific, but okay.

2nd song: Kris did a lot better on this song. Even though some of the phrasing seemed a bit rushed in parts, the song suited his vocal skills much better. Kris doesn't have the range that others do, so he has to be very very careful with what he does. Still not a fan of the faded jeans look, even if the fading is only on the thigh portion of the jeans.

3. Adam Lambert - (1st: V- 21, SP- 13, A- 4, I- 3; Subtotal- 41; 2nd: V- 20, SP- 15,

A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 45; Overall Score- 499) -

1st song: I have to point out before I give this review that I was naturally pissed off that Adam received his 3rd pimp spot in a row. But I did my best to ignore the judges and producers blatantly obvious prejudice to try to score Adam fairly. I figured Simon would pick a much better song for Adam than the other judges did for Kris and Danny and he did. Unfortunately, the way that Adam interpretted it ruined the whole freaking thing for me. I didn't think Adam would do worse than Kris, but he went WAY too over the top for this song. It started out okay with his stripped down ballad, but since he only seems to know the stripped down ballads and the over the top rock glam songs, when he combined the two it made for something completely awful. (Note: not as awful as many of Lil's or Megan's song, but awful for Adam.) And what the heck was up with that blue light? Talk about overkill. If we give him points for arranging the lighting and the scenery in past weeks, it should be deducted from this score.

2nd song: So I was expecting Adam to do better on the second song. In every category but the vocals, he did much better. But his vocals tonight were really off. He had a few breathy moments. I also have been noticing lately that a lot of his notes are dropped at the end. He does it all the time and I wish sometimes he would just learn to sing a straight note rather than always having to "theatrically" enhance his vocals. He had some off notes at the end, probably due to the overdoing of the song. Better than the first song of his, but this really was not his best. I would not buy an album of his with these two songs. And if you listen to the judges and what they did NOT say, the judges agree with me. All they could say was "You should be in the finals" and "Please vote for Adam". If they had been honest, they would have said, "I'm sorry but your two songs were just over the top and irritating".

Tonight (Last Week)

1. Danny (4)

2. Kris (2)

3. Adam (1)

Overall (of the remaining contestants)

1. Danny

2. Kris

3. Adam

Even as I make my predictions, I have to wonder. I think its going to be extremely close either way. Tonight, Adam totally flopped for me. Kris did okay, but he just didn't blow me away. The only magic moment tonight for me was Danny. I just can't predict him leaving, but it seems as if he might. If Danny goes home tonight, I will be rooting for Kris.

Morty's cheesecake game

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Danny

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Danny

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Adam 0

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Kris +3

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Kris void

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes?danny +3

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first?adam 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?danny or going with the one no one pick void

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Danny +3

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Adam 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Kris void

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam void

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Sorry but I can't decide so I'll just guess Kris 0

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Danny 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam void

TOTAL=0

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? Kris 0

Tiebreaker System

TOTAL=0

Morty's cheesecake game

Tiebreaker System

TOTAL=0

Morty's cheesecake game

Tiebreaker System

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which idol contestant will receive the lowest amount of votes? -Kris- 0

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? -Adam- 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? -Adam- void

TOTAL=0

Morty's cheesecake game

(I'm just going with what I hope will happen, at this point.)

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Danny void

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

2..Which idol will be told they are in the finale first? Danny 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Danny void

TOTAL=0

Im the only one who guess Adam would leave.. maybe I will get some cheesecake this week!

There's no way AI would let Adam leave this week, even if they had to resort to more cheating. He's had too much support by way of pimping for them to lose their darling after all their hard work. :P

Sorry king, but I think you may go hungry this week. :)

no tiebreaker this week

the pimpage continues