Idol duet Danny and Kris & Allison and Adam

uvp

we needed this thread

danny killed it and not in a good way

It was just totally Pointless! When they were doing the power closing bars, Danny totally overpowered Kris though. You could only hear Danny . . unless they were deliberately turning Kris' mike down :animated_scratchchin:

It was just totally Pointless! When they were doing the power closing bars, Danny totally overpowered Kris though. You could only hear Danny . . unless they were deliberately turning Kris' mike down :animated_scratchchin:

did you think they did ?

this night makes no sense why are they making them sing back to back after they just performed

did you think they did ?

this night makes no sense why are they making sing back to back after they just performed

It's an individual competition, and they have them sing duets? WTF - they're not trying to become American Barbershop Quartet, or American Backup Singer, or anything other than a solo singer! Randy lovin' their harmonies BLECH :(

yeah i dont get the decision to let them sing duet either

winner adam and allison by a milesssssss

yeah i forgot all about the pimp spot

i didnt like how they broke up the solos it should have been solo first then both duet

Adam and Allison closed the show with a bang ! ! !

I didn't have a problem with any of them having to sing songs back to back (I think only one of them actually had to do that... was it Kris ?)

If they ever go on the road with a tour ... back to back songs are a common thing.

I didn't see any sense in the 'duet' thing either - - but, it was a nice change of pace anyway.

edit: .... agree they should have done them seperatley ... solos then duets

What an amazing duet by Allison and Adam. It was great to see them sing together and enjoy each others company on stage. Healthy competitiveness that makes the entertainment all the better. And I agree with the judges hope they do a duet on their albums.

Kris and Danny sucked EXCEPT the harmonies... only worthwhile part of that performance. imo

I'd rather see a "sing off" rather than duets. Let each team pick a song. And then have them perform it.

I think Kris and Danny both could have done something special with their song but, didn't have the opportunity because their styles had to be cohesive. It was easier for Adam and Allison to duet because their styles are already similar.

-----------------------Came back to add......................

Also, I don't thing the order of performing was much of a factor. During a concert you sing many songs back to back. Sing two in a row should be a bid deal and if it is then you're in the wrong industry.

But, I do agree their is manipulation towards Adam giving him the opening and the closing.

agree ceci with breakdown

Danny and Kris sang a duet with an invisable wall of competition between the two of them. There was no connection with each other (except in harmony) and the results sucked.

Allison and Adam sang a duet with a connection to each other that dripped with fun and enjoyment of the moment to make it happen. Perfect song selection too!

The duet concept did show a different apsect of personality... Interesting and unexpected...

Allison and Adam really did connect well in the duet...which surprised me because I thought Adam would have tried to dominate the duo. Allison held her own...and Adam didn't try to out-do her. Kudos to both of them!

It was Gokey that let his ego, or whatever, get in the way and he tried to dominate his duet with Kris. Sure the harmonies were really good...but aside from that there was no connection with them and I blame Gokey for it. He tried way to hard to steal the spotlight. Kris was good...but Danny's awfulness way over shadowed him. Danny doesn't play well with others...he gets a D-.

Unlike some of the others here...I liked the duet portion and addition of it to the show. This show always focused on solo artists...but in reality singers often perform in a group and harmonize...or switch up lead vocalists. I think of the group Extreme...who were brilliant with the harmonies....whatever happened to them? Fleetwood Mac...where all the group took there turns on lead...etc...etc...the list goes on and on. The idol contestants shouldn't rule out the option of hooking up with someone else/a group...although they should definitely avoid the cheesy group type performances that AI makes them do on results night.:lol:

Ummm. I hate to sound argumentative, but anybody's voice left in the competition would overpower Kris. He's not a "power" singer. Adam, Allison, and Danny all have stronger voices. Kris is a cute, fun singer with a great style and charm. But he's just not exactly the best vocalist there.

I think his wife might not like that. :lol:

True Misha.... but, can I still steal him and keep him until my 13 yr. old grandaughter is old enough for him to date ???

Pretty sure that is illegal. But tell you what. I'm certain there will eventually be a large poster you can buy of him and you can pin it to the wall in her room so she can salivate over him daily.

if i was doing the duet pairing i would have paired kris with adam and allison with danny

but thats just me