Top 5 - April 28 & 29/Morty's cheesecake game

uvp

best

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two?

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan?

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes?

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?

+1For each correct bottom two contestants

+2Guessing correctly the third idol that is told they are safe by ryan

+3For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom two

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS April 29, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

For the people who remain on this stage, the intensity of this competition is a constant evolution. Who will set the standard? These are your Top 5. And this is American Idol.

We are down to your top 5, the finale just 3 weeks away and everyone is hungry for the title. Tonight we will have two phone numbers for each contestant and four judges to make your choice easier. Say hi to Randy, Kara, Paula and Simon. We also have Ricky Minor and the band up here, so hit it!

Tonight we have a classic genre for you, standards from the Rat Pack era. Here is your Top Five, America! Which one of these faces is your next American Idol? One of them will win this competition. We had a bit of a surprise for them as the idols waited to meet a mystery mentor.

Roll the video of the idols meeting Jamie Fox, who, like the Rat Pack, has crossed all entertainment boundaries, making him the perfect mentor for Rat Pack standards week.

Up first tonight is Kris Allen, who can only do what he knows how to do to stay in the competition. Singing The Way You Look Tonight by Frank Sinatra, Jaime said he would do a record with him in a heartbeat. Soft and sensual, this was a classic interpretation of a classic standard with a steady vocal that sprung into action midway through the song with a jazzed up beat and melodic stage presence closing with a perfect falsetto. Randy said he is looking at who is in it to win it, who has the steam to go all the way, and dude, this is his best performance to date, way to do it tonight, he took his time, told a story, R&B styling, he did it tonight. Kara said tonight he set the technical standard high for this evening, with impeccable phrasing, diction, rhythm and timing, a dark horse in the competition. Paula said he has made an amazing transition from the boy next door to a sophisticated gentleman, and his quiet confidence made him an amazing crooner. Simon said it was good but a little bit wet, like taking a well trained spaniel for a walk, safe, quite nice, but not incredible, he didn't give the feeling that he can win the competition.

Next, she's the only chick left in the competition. It's show time for Allison Iraheta, who celebrated her 17th birthday with a brief surprise party. Singing Someone To Watch Over Me by Ella Fitzgerald , Jamie said she was absolutely innocent, leaps and bounds ahead of her time. Also taking the classic approach, she is in no hurry as she squeezes every bit of emotion out of her vocals with a performance mixed a healthy dose of twang with power vocals and amazing control. Randy said he thought it might be tough for her tonight, but she came out looking dope and sing like Pink, dude, that right there was the bomb, in her own gruff, kind of rough style and he loved it. Kara thought maybe she did need someone to watch over her being in the bottom three, but she is not worried anymore, not a one trick pony, she sang way beyond her years and if that doesn't land her in the finals she doesn't know what will. Paula wanted to hear her perform a ballad and tonight her performance showed her as innocent and alluring, she was proud of her. Simon asked if she could win the competition and Allison replied yes, we all have a chance, but Simon said he still does not see her belief in her performance and has a horrible feeling she could be in trouble tonight.

After the break its Matt Giraud, is stoked about jazz standards, singing My Funny Valentine by Frank Sinatra. Jaime said it is a big song that needed a change of key to nab number one. Sitting on a stool in his trademark hat, the start was not remarkable, with a little falsetto, but overall it was not a memorable performance, a bit off pitch in places, but he closed strong with the power vocals. Randy said that was one of the hardest songs to sing ever, just a little bit pitchy, some of the runs didn't land right, it didn't all come together for him. Kara said he needed to be the leader of the pack, she appreciates all the runs he did, but he did not seem emotionally connected tonight. Paula said she felt the emotional connection, lowering the key showed a different side of him, impressive, he did an excellent job. Simon said disagreed with Randy, it was the only believable, authentic song he has heard tonight, he could see him loving the music, a bit of Nat King Cole phrasing, he was brilliant.

On stage next is Danny Gokey, who Jaime said Danny was at his purest when he was up in his grill. Singing Come Rain Or Come Shine by Ella Fitzgerald, with a trombone intro, he gave a simple performance that started without a lot of emotion but plenty of expression, a solid vocal that transitioned into expressive and emotional power vocals that rocked the house. Randy said he was worried about the tempo and it seemed kind of safe, but he is the only one he heard who could release an album of songs like that, and forget all the stuff about the connection to the audience, this is a singing competition and he can sing. Kara said she had been missing that rat pack swagger and he had swag tonight, the end tonight was the most creative he has ever been, incredible, with his tone, he should do standards. Paula said it was a stellar, stellar performance and he can see the finish line in front of him. Simon said he had a swagger and confidence, tonight he came out to prove a point with his vocals, his best in weeks, his performance was what he knew he was capable of, maybe it was getting near the end or the arrangement by Ricky Minor, that was outstanding.

Closing out the show is Adam Lambert, who Jaime said he took him in, raised him up and brought him down. Singing Feeling Good and descending from the top of the stairs and dressed in white, he was dramatically back lit giving a new twist on a classic standard with a big band flavor and big vocals that was heartfelt, blood pumping and with a closing that seemed to last forever with a bit of a mischievous grin. Randy said he sounds like a broken record, a little too theatrical, Broadway, but he was in the zone, another good performance. Kara said her mouth dropped open, he was shocking in a good way, sleazy, way over the top but she likes him. Paula said words cannot describe, he makes her feel better than good, like watching the Olympics and he is Michael Phelps. Simon said Randy complaining about him being theatrical is like complaining about a cow who moos, he gets the feeling that he wants to win, wants to prove a point each week, he wants to entertain, best entrance all season.

Fuskie

Who thinks tonight's weakest performance was by Matt...

best

i didnt like any of them

1.allison

2.adam

3.kris

4.danny

5.matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? allison and matt

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan?kris

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes?matt

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?matt

Morty's cheesecake game

Matt & Kriss

Allison

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes?

Matt

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?

Kris

Fuskie

Who figures now that we are down to five he has a chance...

welcome fuskie :animated_wave:

best

1. Danny (nobody knows how painful that is to put his name there!)

2. Kris

3. Allison

4. Matt

5. Adam

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Allison & Matt

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Kris

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Matt

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Allison

best

1. Adam

2. Danny

3. Allison

4. Kris

5. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? - Allison, Matt -

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? - Danny -

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? - Matt -

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? - Kris -

best

1. Adam

2. Allison

3. Danny

4. Kris

5. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Matt

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Allison

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Matt

best

1. Adam

2. Danny

3. Kris

4. Allison

5. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Kris if I'm understanding the question correctly...

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Matt...God willing!!

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam

+3For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom two

best

1. Danny

2. Kris

3. Adam

4. Allison

5. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Allison, Matt

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Matt

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam

best

1. Adam

2. Allison

3. Kris

4. Danny

5. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Allison, Matt

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Adam

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Matt

I actually thought they all did well so this was a tough one!

best

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam

4. Allison

5. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Matt, Allison

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Allison

I'm finding this week a hard one to predict. Thought they all did very well last night.

1. Adam

2. Danny

3. Matt

4. Kris

5. Alison

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Alison and Matt

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Alison

Tiebreaker System

This week's theme reminded me of Kelly Clarkson's incredible performance of "Stuff like that there". So I thought tonight's performances would include some fun jazzy songs. Well, I was wrong. Most of them were ballads. It just so happens that I like ballads, so tonight was one of my favorite all over with these performers. I think the most game playing came from Simon tonight as he sure MUST have been using reverse psychology to get rid of Matt this week. I think if he reviews the tape of last night's show he might change his mind. And the producers come in second for game playing as they give Adam a third coveted pimp spot. But the good news? There is still NO SAVE!! Woohooo!!! The competition is tightening for the majority of the contestants. And I think Jamie Foxx is one of the best mentors this season because he finally got Danny to really deliver a connection with the song that was missing for non-fans of Danny. (The fans have always felt a connection. LOL)

1. Kris Allen - (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 49; Overall score- 364) - When Kris started to sing I thought... oh yeah baby. Give it to me. The past couple of weeks Kris had slid a little bit for me regarding the charm factor, but he certainly turned it up tonight. A nearly perfect performance marred only by an "ok" falsetto that didn't quite make it for me. I think Kris knows his strengths and his skills and he used them to the perfect extent tonight. Simon's comments were a way to get Kris supporters to vote for him (I think).

2. Allison Iraheta - (V- 25, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 50; Overall score- 364) - As Allison began to sing, I was reminded of Pink singing a ballad. Full of soul and heart and I absolutely LOVED it. Again, I think Simon's comments were a way to try to get Allison's fans to worry about her so they would vote. Because there simply can't be a way that anybody heard that and did not love it. At this point, I was loving tonight's performances.

3. Matt Giraud - (V- 22, SP- 13, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 44; Overall score- 360) - And then Matt came in to sing. From the video clips, I think that Jamie was initially going to let Matt just sink himself, but then he was overcome with a guilty conscience and brought him back in to give him advice. And Matt needed it. By far the worst performance/vocal of the night. Even saying that, I am glad he made it this far because he truly is talented. I just think the others are doing better than he is.

4. Danny Gokey - (V- 25, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 50; Overall score- 383) - Ppuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfection. I rarely if ever give two perfect scores in one evening but hot damn!!! I'm loving the gravel, I'm loving the rasp and I'm loving the bluesy tone to his performance tonight. He's always had the vocal ability in my opinion and if Jamie Foxx is the reason he tapped into his stage presence, I adore Jamie Foxx. More than that, I love that he is open to the comments from Simon and others. Even if you are on the Adam train, hopefully you can see that Danny is really trying. I think he succeeded tonight and may have gotten some more fans tonight.

5. Adam Lambert - (V- 23, SP- 13, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 45; Overall score- 364) - So Adam gets the pimp spot. Again. So I thought to myself that one of two things was happening. They LOVED Adam's performance and wanted it for the highlight or they are scared that Adam won't get the votes he needs if he sang earlier. They are right to be scared. It was over the top. I was NOT loving this performance. Tonight his theatrics reminded me of the over the top performances by Taylor Hicks and not even the glory note saved it for me. If he wanted to remind me of his abysmal performance of Ring of Fire, he did that tonight for me. Even as I say that, Matt was still worse, but not by much. His vocals were even a little off key in the beginning. Naturally, the judges fell before his magnificence.

Tonight (Last Week)

1-2. Allison (5) & Danny (1)

3. Kris (2-3)

4. Adam (2-3)

5. Matt (4)

Overall (of the remaining contestants)

1. Danny

2-4. Kris & Allison & Adam

5. Matt

Tonight's show created an interesting thing to happen. My overall results has a three way tie for second place. Yeouch. How am I supposed to decide who is going to be in the bottom two with Matt like that? Because even though I felt that Matt and Adam were the bottom two, there is no way that Adam will be in the bottom two this week. That leaves only Kris who was first to perform, because I cannot see Allison and Danny's flawless performances landing them in the bottom two. I'm not confident about my choices this week except the person who will be eliminated. LOL

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Matt & Kris

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Adam

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Kris

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? allison and matt +1

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan?kris +2

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes?matt +3

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night?matt incorrect

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

Matt & Kriss +1

Allison 0

Matt +3

Tiebreaker System

Kris incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Allison & Matt +1

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Kris +2

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Matt +3

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Allison correct

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? - Allison, Matt - +1

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? - Danny - 0

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? - Matt - +3

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? - Kris - incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Matt 0

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Allison 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Matt incorrect

TOTAL=1

Morty's cheesecake game

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Kris if I'm understanding the question correctly... +2

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Matt...God willing!! +3

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam incorrect

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Allison, Matt +1

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Matt +3

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Adam incorrect

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Allison, Matt +1

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Adam 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Matt incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Matt, Allison +1

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Allison correct

TOTAL=6

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Alison and Matt +1

3..Which idol contestant from your bottom two will receive the lowest amount of votes? Alison 0

Tiebreaker System

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1..Which two idol contestants will make up the bottom two? Matt & Kris +1

2..Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe third by ryan? Adam 0

Tiebreaker System

Which idol will lead off the group song on stage so basically who will sing first on result night? Kris incorrect

TOTAL=4

gonna add the tiebreaker now

allison sung first i should have known lol

They are the last five standing. But which one is going home? Who will get the shock tonight? This is American Idol!

Good evening, I am Ryan Seacrest and I have your results, over 47 million votes, all in support of your top five, America. But will your favorite be eliminated tonight? Let's first say hi to your judges, Randy, Kara, Paula and Simon. Thinking back to last night's show, Simon, how would you rate it? Everyone was good, probably the best Top 5 show ever seen. This the most open competition.

Season 5 champion Taylor Hicks will be here tonight. The incomparable Natalie Cole is here to perform. And with his latest single, Jamie Foxx is here to perform. But first lets take a look at this week's Ford Video.

And in keeping with this week's theme, with It Don't Mean A Thing and I Got Rhythm, here is your Top 5, America. It's the Group Song (excitement fabricated)!

Taylor Hicks is back at Idol, Natalie Cole will take the stage and Jamie Foxx a little bit later. Now we had a few Idol birthdays, Danny last Friday and Allison on Monday. To celebrate, they all celebrated their inner Martha Stewart as we roll video on the idols attempting to bake a cake. It didn't take long for things to from bad to worse ad the party errupts into a food fight. But the group shower was loads of fun.

Who started the fight? It was Danny Gokey. Ryan gives him a gift, a bill from the maid service for $6000 to clean up the mess.

All five join Ryan at the center of the stage. Dim the lights, here we go.

Matt, you sang My Funny Valentine. How did you feel? I felt good, I waited for that moment for a long time, thought I had an emotional connection, felt good doing it. After the nationwide vote, please stand up on the right hand side of the stage.

Next Danny, you sang Come Rain Or Come Shine. What did you differently? I focused in on the comments and started watching the videos of performances to see what they do and incorporate it into my performance. Please head up to the left side of the stage.

Allison, you sang Someone To Watch Over Me. How did you feel after Simon said you could be in big trouble. Really? Step up there next to Danny.

Kris, you sang The Way You Look Tonight. Are you in it to win it? I wouldn't be here if I didn't think I could win. Kris, would you stand next to Matt on the right.

That leaves us with Adam, Adam Lambert. You sang Feeling Good. Step up to the front center of the stage. Take a look at both groups. Adam, which group do you think you belong in? Oh come on. Uh, Err, this puts me in an awk, I love everybody, why did you do that. Based on last night, with Allison and Danny. Stand over there.

Allison, Adam and Danny, not your bottom three. Adam, go stand over next to Matt and Kris. That is your bottom three. That means that Allison and Danny are safe. Allison and Danny were so stunned Ryan had to remind them to return to the couches.

This is your bottom three. Paula, what happened here? Its always a surprise at this stage, it would be great if they could stay together but that's not how it works. Simon said it is always up to America. Randy said Jamie said before the show how talented these five were, and they are all brilliant in their own right last night, they all have things to be proud of. Kara said her mouth went open when Adam was named to the bottom three.

When we come back, Natalie Cole on the Idol Stage!

Before we find out who is leaving us tonight, let us welcome someone who is very close to our genre tonight, from her album Still Unforgettable with Something's Got To Give, Ms. Natalie Cole!

Natalie Cole, ladies and gentlemen. Congratulations on a great performance, did y'all enjoy that? Polite applause. BTW, a career spanning 4 decades.

All right, Allison and Danny sitting comfortably on those stools because they are safe.

Back stage, Matt, Kris and Adam standing nervously, wondering which one of them is leaving tonight. But after the break, Taylor Hicks returns to Idol tonight.

Last night you weighed in and you have chosen your bottom three, America. But before we find out their fate, give it up your former Idol Taylor Hicks off his new album, the soul patrol is back!

What up, Taylor, welcome back. A standing ovation? Simon gave me a standing ovation! Taylor says he has lost a little weight being out on the road and meeting the fans. But it is great to be home on the Idol stage. Right now it is all about song choices and performing on stage, its about showing America you have the best entertainment qualities. Its a great show this year.

Now let me have Matt, Kris and Adam back here at the center stage, bring the lights down and here we go. I am going to send one person back to safety. That person, joining Danny and Allison in the top four is, Kris. Kris, take a seat, congratulations.

We are left with Matt and Adam. One of them is leaving the competition tonight. Find out who after Jamie Foxx performs after this break.

Back with you on Idol, singing his number one smash, welcome to the stage the Oscar winning, Grammy nominated Jamie Foxx!

You did an amazing job with these contestants, bringing out so much life. I didn't know what I was going to see, but I saw 5 of the most talented people I have seen in the past 10 years. I hope after this American Idol, I hope America still embraces this cast - they want to be artists. No matter who wins this, these people are true artists and that is from the heart.

Adam and Matt, come out here. The journey ends for one of them tonight. Jamie, did America get it right? It doesn't matter what happens tonight, they will have careers after this. Plus I have a movie out, the Soloist. Find out who is going home after this break.

After months of battling it out on this stage, the journey is about to end for either Matt or Adam. Simon, it seems that according to the results, Kara and Randy were a little more on the game. You kind of miscalled this. One week out of 12 isn't bad.

Dim the lights, here we go, ladies and gentlemen. After 47 million votes, the highest of the season, Adam, you are safe. Which means we say goodbye to Matt Giraud.

Matt G ladies and gentlemen. Let's take a look at the amazing ride of Matt Giraud.

Looking back at your journey, one of the most dramatic rides with the save, what will you remember most? Being a cat with nine lives. This is not the last you will see of me. I want to thank Kalamazoo for supporting me, and the judges.

Ladies and gentlemen, one last time, Matt Giraud. Matt reprises his farewell performance of My Funny Valentine.

We are running under, so Ryan asks Paula to talk about what Matt has ahead of him. Paula says she was honored to have found and worked with him. Kara said one of the best things they did this season is save him. Randy said to continue to make it hot, continue the heat, baby. Simon said we zero in on rock n roll next week, what advice do you have for the final four? I am the last one you should be asking. Keep it real and remember the people who pick up the phones.

Next week is Rock n Roll week with guest mentor, Slash. See you there.

Fuskie

Who was worried that America was growing tired of his theatricality, but thinks America ultimately got it right...

Winners of cheesecake with a score of 6 and tiebreaker ImIn, Kayo

p7lgh.jpg

:party_smilie: :party_smilie:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

ugh- losing sucks!

this is my second lost on the tiebreaker

that sucks but it is all fun

i like this tiebreaker it was really fun

Congratulations ImIn and Kayo!! :party_smilie:

I'm going to kick myself though. My scoring system this week was dead correct and I didn't trust it because I figured Adam would be safe from the bottom two.

Thanks and congrats to you too, Imin! It was sooo close that I hope Imin will agree with me in offering cake on the house for everybody!

UVP :eat:Misha :eat:Catwishes :eat:ElleNaturelle :eat: joyami :eat:Fuskie :eat:sonoerin :eat:Cecimom :eat:Erinjs :eat: