Heartless in South Africa

Guest bobflow

Guest bobflow

When :evil: /Amber drove by the accident of the brothers and didn't stop or even roll the the window to see if anyone was hurt ,that was heartless. Shame on them.When they arrived on the mat at the pit stop I really thought Phil was going to say something to them Phil's expression after he did say you didn't even stop to see if anybody was okay. :evil: /Amber response NO.Big deal they came in second who cares.

Fifth Team Eliminated in 'Amazing Race'

NEW YORK (AP)- Dating on-and-off couple Ray Housteau and Deana Shane were the fifth team eliminated on a two-hour, two-leg edition of CBS' "The Amazing Race."

During the first leg of Tuesday's episode, the couple scaled across a power plant cooling tower to win a Fast Forward challenge, enabling them to skip to the end of the leg. But their luck ran out on the second leg. The stockbroker and marketing executive lost a footrace to brothers Brian and Greg Smith, who flipped their vehicle on the way to the Pit Stop, injuring their cameraman. "The race was totally out of our mind at that point," Shane told The Associated Press Wednesday about the car crash.

"Our instinct right away was that the race was off and to figure out what we can do to help," Housteau said.

Housteau and Shane had briefly aligned with the duo during the first few legs of the race. "We used the hatred the other teams had for Rob and Amber as a weapon for us," Housteau said.

Guest RomberRoks

its a game guys i wouldnt have stopped either if i was romber theyve been treated poorly by everyone dont blame them they got what they deserved..do you think they would have stopped for them NO they would have laughed at did the same thing and romber said that no one deserves to get hurt in this game.

Guest cappy

Well Lynn/Alex were there anyways so why stop? There was another team there and a medical team was going to be there soon so why?

Remember what Mark Burnett said about his cameramen when the Survivor guy was burned by the fire? He said he would of fired them if they stopped filming.

Hello! Rob and Amber know the drill... they know CBS has the crisis under control. Remember... you can't see what's going on outside of the camera box. I'm sure there was plenty of help provided for the brothers.

Rob and Amber did the right thing. Jerry Bruckheimer would have fired these 2 if they became pansies. Rob and Amber: you are the excitement, controversy and crowd pleasers this season.

I say HELL YEAH!!!

Nope, I guess not off limits..just have to play nice  :D 

Heartless no, thoughtless yes

They could have at least rolled down the window to say "how is everyone, do you need help" but do you think the Whiney Boys would have stopped for Romber? or any other team for that matter? NO! They would not have! In fact, the Boys would have rolled their windows down and laughed! Why do the Whiney Boys have to be so spiteful to other teams? Did you hear their comment about the old couple team getting lost? They called them stupid! It was their karma that bit them in the butt after that with their vehicles breaking down!

Yes Beatlegirl, I heard that. I thought it seemed pretty rude but whatever, it turns out they were right anyway :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not defending Lynn & Alex, I'd much rather Gretchen & Meredith place before them. I just find it humorous that the Romber haters blame Rob's treatment of other people for their dislike of him but they seem to look past Lynn & Alex's bad behavior.

YAY ROMBER!!!!!

Guest XandraSkye
Don't get me wrong, I'm certainly not defending Lynn & Alex, I'd much rather Gretchen & Meredith place before them.  I just find it humorous that the Romber haters blame Rob's treatment of other people for their dislike of him but they seem to look past Lynn & Alex's bad behavior. 

YAY ROMBER!!!!!

It's like I was saying...if you like the team then you can justify anything they do and cheer them on no matter what. But if you don't like the team then you find can fault and nit pick everything and anything they do.

Or, if you are the Humanitarian (reference from other thread :D ) that I am then you can see that this is a competition and sometimes catty and inconsiderate comments are gonna be made and we shouldn't judge them.

Don't like cookies..only eat crackers & olives..

Anyway..the title of this thread is wrong in my opinion. Just because someone will do what it takes to win a game doesn't qualify them as heartless in my book. To tear people apart for no reason whatsoever, is a little closer..

Guest Anonymous

The fact is that if you listen to each of teams that none of them are beyond saying pretty nasty things about the other teams. I've heard racist remarks, age remarks, remarks against the war hero, you name it -- from every team.

I'm just going to state again that I think that ALL the teams need some cutural sensitization before they leave.

I agree, it doesn't make them heartless but it does demonstrate an ignorance of what is appropriate.

Guest bobflow

I respect your opinion please respect the thread as a Humanitarian statement(Having concern for the welfare of humanity)Lets try to stay on the thread line its heartless not to. This is a friendly rebuttal :) Oh by the way off the subject Why Don't You Like Cookies :?: :lol:

Don't like cookies..only eat crackers & olives..

Anyway..the title of this thread is wrong in my opinion.  Just because someone will do what it takes to win a game doesn't qualify them as heartless in my book.  To tear people apart for no reason whatsoever, is  a little closer..

The fact is that if you listen to each of teams that none of them are beyond saying pretty nasty things about the other teams.  I've heard racist remarks, age remarks, remarks against the war hero, you name it -- from every team. 

I'm just going to state again that I think that ALL the teams need some cutural sensitization before they leave. 

I agree, it doesn't make them heartless but it does demonstrate an ignorance of what is appropriate.

could you please give examples of other racist remakrs other teams (besides Lynex) have made? And examples why ALL the teams need some cutural sensitization before they leave?

I have never heard Gretchen/Merideth Joyce/Uch Rob/Amber be disrespectful in any way towards other cultures

Guest Anonymous

Nor do I -- including treating each other badly. If we excuse Rob and Amber from laughing at Gretchin's accident and the sneering at the help they were given by the other teams, why not excuse it all? I don't. That is why my favourite team is and will be Merideth and Gretchin -- they are the one team who have been nice to everyone including each other.

Guest XandraSkye
What about Uchenna & Joyce? I don't think they have said a cross word about any of the teams or to each other. They deserve that tray of cookies more than I do. :wink:

I do want to add -- that none of these people -- none of them -- are people we remotely know.  Unless there are any relatives here?  Judgement is therefore not something I can do -- I can only have an opinion.

isn't an opinion a form of judgement?

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.