Top 6/7 - April 21 & 22/Morty's cheesecake game

uvp

best

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..There are two idol's to be eliminated pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /cant have same person for both idol?

eg. anoop/kris & lil rounds/danny

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated?

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated?

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan?

+1For each correct bottom two pairing

+2 Correctly guessing which idol gets boot first

+3 For each idol contestants that is eliminated

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS April 22, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

Last week, Matt Giraud stood on the brink of elimination. And just when we thought all hope was lost, Idol history was made. But that decision means the stakes are doubled because this week 2 are heading home. And no one is being saved. This is American Idol!

Last Wednesday the judges save was invoked. The good news is Matt was saved for another week on American Idol. The sad news is that two people are going home tomorrow night based entirely on your vote. We have some guides for you tonight, say hi to Randy, Kara, Paula and he's dressed for the occasion tonight, Simon.

There is an unprecedented amount of pressure on this group tonight. Say hello to your Top Seven!

Tonight we go back to the 70's and celebrate Disco, starting with Lil Rounds singing I'm Every Woman by Chaka Kahn. The vocal seemed off from the start, short of breath, rushed, flat, off. She looked good in the tight black outfit and the dancing was not too bad, but she needed a knockout performance tonight and did not deliver. Randy said she got the party started, but it sounded so wild to him, she definitely can sing but she didn't show what kind of artist she is, it was big and fun but did not show her vocal control. Kara said America has been waiting for her to sing an artist like this but she is not sure it was worth the wait, she has been every other woman but herself, and still didn't say who she was as an artist. Paula said that yesterday she had no voice, was on vocal rest, and made a terrific recovery, but she did not tap her inner goddess. Simon said she looks so sad, is glad she had fun but he thinks this is going to be the last week for her as it had no originality, it was a copycat, the arrangement was a mess, this was probably her final shot.

Performing second tonight is Kris Allen, singing She Works Hard For The Money by Donna Summer. Turning Disco on its end, the performance is a completely original take with bongos, acoustic guitar, and a box, he slows it down, updates the melody and totally makes it work with a terrific vocal and commanding stage presence. Kara said he took a real risk with the arrangement and it paid off big time, so impressed to take a 4 on the floor song and show himself with that, it could go on a record, gotta give him props. Paula described it as a classy Santana feel, he shopped in the woman's' department and made it fit. Simon said he needs a translator for this show, but it was a complete polar opposite from the first performance in that it was original, well thought out, not karaoke, and whether you buy or like ladies' underwear, it was a fantastic performance. Randy didn't care what he buys, but he is looking for the best discovered talent, he knows who he is, he comes out every week, he's ready for the big time, comes out and performs great every week.

Singing in the three-spot is Danny Gokey with September by Earth Wind and Fire. As original as Kris was, Danny is sticking with the format, launching his performance with a yell and keeping it going throughout the song. The vocals were solid, perfect for the style, and he danced his way all across the stage, but while he rocked, he was missing the ingredient Kris found. Randy said he was worried about the song choice, but he worked hard, he took a song without a big melodic song into something that worked for him tonight, he worked it out, good job. Kara said he was worried about him on Disco night, like asking Simon to wear plaid, but he is an incredible vocalist, his pitch is so right on, never an issue, another solid performance, but will we remember it at the end of the night. Paula said he is amazing in that he can always take his range one step further, he has one of the sexiest voices ever. Simon said he can't fault the vocals, the arrangement was interesting, but as a performance he didn't really get any star power, and at this stage you have to do something special and this was awkward and clumsy.

Singing next is Allison Iraheta singing Hot Stuff by Donna Summer. Slowing it down in tight leather and red lighting, she provided her trademark warble of a vocal with a rather unoriginal performance. It was solid, but a bit karaoke and not really memorable, and it seemed like she knew it at the end. Randy said he has two things, whereas he didn't love the arrangement, it was a bit overindulgent, she is one of the best singers in the competition, no matter what age she is, she can really sing. Kara said making it slower kind of hurt the performance but she picked the right song and she is one of the best singers and on that alone it was a 9/10. Paula said the word compromise does not belong in her vocabulary and her edginess does not draw away form her authenticity and her last note blew it off the charts. Simon said she was always going to come into the week the underdog, but taking everything into account, that was a brilliant performance.

Fifth to take the stage is Adam Lambert, singing If I Can't Have You by the Bee Gees. In a suit and new hairdo, this was spun into a slow ballad with an emotional, pure vocal, a quiet, captivating connection with his audience. This was the slow dance that the girls looked forward to and the boys dreaded at the prom. Yet another demonstration of versatility and turning expectations on their end. Randy said one of the things that should be happening at this point in the competition is showing us your range, and dude, you are ready right now, dude, you have it majorly going on, he is a hot one tonight, America. Kara said he is brilliant, there is nothing else to say, every week he ups it and tonight was the most memorable performance, a bit of SNL, Clark Kent and Elvis, the way he connected is inspiring. Paula never has questioned her visceral response to his performance and tonight he chose a disco song and not make it cliche, she felt his pain, like he tore his heart out and left it on the stage, he is fascinating and will be in the finals. Simon would have bet $10,000 he would have done Donna Summer and he surprised them again, he did something completely original, they will remember it and the vocals were immaculate.

Next up is Matt Giraud, singing Stayin' Alive by the Bee Gees. With his trademark hat and jeans, this was a fast paced performance that demonstrated his vocal range and lung capacity. He was up energy but the middle kind of dragged a bit, with a lot going on in the latter third of the song. Randy said bad stuff first, didn't love the song choice or the arrangement, but he can really sing, this is one of the most talented top 7 on the show, he can really sing. Kara said he bought disco back, turned the mood, she likes to see him move, good vocals, not crazy original. Paula said he picks songs like she bowls, somethings she gets a gutter bowl and sometimes a strike and tonight he bowled a strike, last week the judges saved him but tonight he saved himself with that performance. Simon said he didn't like it, he needs to get himself out of idol land and in the real world it came across as desperate, the vocals were not great, there was no originality, not such a huge fan of that.

Closing the show tonight is Anoop Desai, singing Dim All The Lights by Donna Summer. Daring to wear pink sweater and a bit of a 'stashe, it was an OK vocal with a pop twist that seemed over very quickly. He started off OK but seemed to lose focus after picking up the tempo midway through. Randy said didn't really like the arrangement, it made it kind of corny, but dude, he can sing, he hit note after note, nice, baby, nice. Kara liked the song choice, kind of a ballad, it seemed like it could be on the radio, best performances the last two weeks, nice changes, good vocals. Paula said the look, the growth, he looks fantastic and real men know how to wear pink, no one can deny how beautiful his vocals are, he hit the magical zone at the start and was obviously enjoying himself when it hit uptempo. Simon said it was mediocre at best, he prayed the tempo wouldn't come in and it did, a horrible version of the song, his worst performance by a mile.

Fuskie

Whose favorite performance was Kris followed by Adam, and his least favorite performances were Lil and Allison...

best

1. Adam

2. Danny

3. Anoop (seriously, he was for me)

4. Allison

5. Kris

6. Matt

7. Lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..There are two idol's to be eliminated pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /cant have same person for both idol? Lil/Anoop & Matt/Kris

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Lil

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Lil and Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? ok... of ALL the idols... the person who will be told they are safe second... is.... Danny...I think!

I hope I did this right this week, I'm a little confused. Sorry.

tiebreaker is wrong elle i meant of all the idols not the bottom feeders

Wow Fuskie...you were really quick on that summary!!!

least worst

1. Kris

2. Allison

3. Adam

4. Danny

5. Anoop

6. Matt

7. Lil

most worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1..There are two idol's to be eliminated pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /cant have same person for both idol?

eg. anoop/kris & lil rounds/danny Matt/Lil & Anoop/Allsion

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Matt

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Matt & Lil

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Kris

best

1.adam

2.danny

3.anoop

4.allison

5.kris

6.matt

7.lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

anoop/allison & lil rounds/matt

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated?anoop

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated?anoop and lil rounds

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan?adam

imin i meant of all the idols

wow me and elle have same best to worst :party_smilie:

best

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Allison

4. Anoop

5. Danny

6. Lil'

7. Matt

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

Lil' & Kris... Anoop & Matt

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Matt

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Matt, Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Adam

best

1. Kris

2.Allison

3.Danny

4.Adam

5.Lil

6.Matt

7.Anoop

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

anoop/kris & lil rounds/matt

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated?Anoop

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Matt Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Danny

Wow Fuskie...you were really quick on that summary!!!

That's the power of real-time.

Fuskie

Who does that and hosts chat with Dade during AI too, although y'all never join us...

king add one more to number three

best

1. Adam and Kris (tie...I just couldn't decide. They both were fantastic!)

2. _____

3. Anoop

4. Allison

5. Matt

6. Danny

7. Lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1 There are two idols to be eliminated. pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /can't have same person for both idol.

Lil & Allison, Anoop & Matt

2. Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Lil

3. Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Lil and Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idols, who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Kris

So last night I was doing my homework and I missed all of the excitement. I finally was able to watch the show this morning so I apologize for the delay. Amazingly enough, after I saw the show I turned on the news and I saw an incredibly unbelievable report. Apparently, Lil's family was sooooo angry with the judges for their critiques over the last few weeks, they broke into Paula's dressing room and grabbed her stash of nerve pills. They slipped the mickey's into Randy's, Paula's, Simon's and Kara's drinks before the show began. Simon was spared from the results as he never took a sip of his drink. The rest of the judges were sent to an alternate universe with Paula as their tour guide of happy adventures.

Yeah okay, that didn't really happen but it might have been true considering the completely off the wall comments from most of the judges. Simon's only brush with the alternate universe was provided by his own biases on who he wants to win.

Normally I like Disco Week. Its usually a fun time to be had by all. It was, for the most part, an exercise in patience for me this morning. In short, I thought it sucked. So hey, now that I'm sharing with you my grumpy view of the overall show, lets proceed with my completely biased report.

1. Lil Rounds - (V- 14, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 3; Subtotal- 37; Overall score- 277) - This was probably the only realistic judging we saw tonight. It was off-key for half the song. Lil tried too many riffs and failed. It was just bad. I'm going to sound like Paula here: She looked good at least.

2. Kris Allen - (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 3, SC- 5; Subtotal- 47; Overall score- 315) - It took me about 30 seconds to appreciate this song. I'm so familiar with the original version that I wasn't sure if I would like this song. I ended up liking it in the end and the originality of it. It would have my highest score this week were it not for Kris' lack of appropriate clothing. Why jeans and a white t-shirt? Is the Idol budget for clothing THAT bad? You needed a fashion coordinator to pick out clothes you could find at the local Wal-Mart?

3. Danny Gokey - (V- 24, SP- 14, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 48; Overall score- 333) - I really thought the producers would finally put Danny in the pimp position. But their love for Adam put him at the #3 spot... again. With the exception of that one screaming note at the very beginning, I thought Danny really did a terrific vocal job on this song. More importantly, I enjoyed myself listening to his performance. He did an awkward walking around the stage at parts, but I think he will be able to buy a dancing choreographer when he goes on tour to help teach him what to do on stage. He looked good. Overall, a great song choice. I've grown tired of Donna Summer and Bee Gees songs being oversung on Disco night. Earth, Wind, And Fire was a pleasant diversion.

4. Allison Iraheta - (V- 23, SP- 13, A- 4, SC- 3; Subtotal- 43; Overall score- 314) - What can I say here? Allison is my emotional 3rd place person in this competition. But I was completely put off by a 16 year old singing Hot Stuff. Her outfit makes it seem as if she was trying so hard to be adult and sexy. It didn't work at all for me. I thought it was a mess with her stage presence as she tried and failed to do some sexy moves. Vocally, not the best. I've heard better from her. I do not know what the hell the judges were on, but they have decided they want her in the top 2 apparently.

5. Adam Lambert - (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 3; Subtotal- 47; Overall score- 319) - Okay, it is obvious that Adam knows how to sell a song. He looked good. For the most part he was vocally great. He just had a couple unnecessary notes for me in that song. Here is my problem with his song choice and the judges critique. What exactly was so freaking original about this arrangement? He did it with Mad World and he did it with Track of my Tears. I was really looking forward to getting a groove on this week with Adam and disco, but he completely disappointed me. Its just not original if he is redoing the same stripped down style with a third song choice. Sorry, but I'm not buying it.

6. Matt Giraud - (V- 23, SP- 14, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 46; Overall score- 316) - I had fun with Matt's song. But this is Matt "The Riff" Giraud so naturally he overdid the vocals. Wasn't the best of the night, but he also wasn't the worst of the night either. That is probably the worst danger for his survival. He shouldn't have been saved last week, and he didn't deliver a completely mind blowing performance so I doubt he will pick up the extra votes he will need to save him.

7. Anoop Desai - (V- 20, SP- 12, A- 4, SC- 3; Subtotal- 39; Overall score- 286) - Anoop got the pimp spot for THIS song? Are you freaking KIDDING ME?!?! This was a horribly flat performance with numerous off-key points (though not as many off-key notes as Lil). In Paulaland, pink shirts are great for guys, but I thought it was off. The song selection wasn't terribly horrible but the arrangement of it was. Blech.

Tonight (Last Week)

1. Danny (2)

2-3. Adam (3-4) & Kris (5-6)

4. Matt (3-4)

5. Allison (7)

6. Anoop (1)

7. Lil (5-6)

Overall (of the remaining contestants)

1. Danny - 333

2. Adam - 319 (would be much higher if not for his first couple weeks of flops)

3. Matt - 316

4. Kris - 315

5. Allison - 314

6. Anoop - 286

7. Lil - 277

What can I say? I expected more from tonight and ended up completely pissed off at the way the judges and producers are trying to fix the results. I'm even more pissed off because I know that a good portion of the American public buy into it and hear, "That was terrific/original/horrible" and believe it contrary to their own eyes and ears. You know, Danny and Adam are my top two to win the whole thing based upon my own opinions, but at least the judges could try to be unbiased.

Morty's cheesecake game

1..There are two idol's to be eliminated pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /cant have same person for both idol? Lil/Anoop, Matt/Danny

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Anoop

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Anoop & Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Adam

Morty's cheesecake game

1..There are two idol's to be eliminated pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /cant have same person for both idol? Lil/Anoop & Matt/Kris 0

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Lil +2

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Lil and Matt +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? ok... of ALL the idols... the person who will be told they are safe second... is.... Danny...I think! incorrect

TOTAL=5

Morty's cheesecake game

eg. anoop/kris & lil rounds/danny Matt/Lil & Anoop/Allsion +1

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Matt 0

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Matt & Lil +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Kris incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

anoop/allison & lil rounds/matt +1

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated?anoop 0

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated?anoop and lil rounds +6

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan?adam correct

TOTAL=7

Morty's cheesecake game

Lil' & Kris... Anoop & Matt 0

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Matt 0

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Matt, Anoop +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Adam correct

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

anoop/kris & lil rounds/matt 0

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated?Anoop 0

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Matt Anoop +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Danny incorrect

TOTAL=3

Question 1. Anoop/Allison Matt/Lil +1

Question 2. Matt 0

Question 3. Matt and Lil +3

Tiebreaker: Adam correct

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1 There are two idols to be eliminated. pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /can't have same person for both idol.

Lil & Allison, Anoop & Matt 0

2. Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Lil +2

3. Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Lil and Matt +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idols, who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Kris incorrect

TOTAL=5

Morty's cheesecake game

1..There are two idol's to be eliminated pair them them each with one idol who could join them in the bottom two of each half hour /cant have same person for both idol? Lil/Anoop, Matt/Danny 0

2..Who will be the first idol contestant to be eliminated? Anoop 0

3..Which two idol contestants will be eliminated? Anoop & Matt +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Of all the idol's who will be told they are safe second by ryan? Adam correct

TOTAL=3

Two journeys end tonight. No one is safe. Get ready for a double elimination. This is American Idol!

Good evening, welcome. Good to have you with us. Hey everybody. We are live from Hollywood, Happy Earth Day. To celebrate, our theater will use green power at the Kodak theater. But tonight, Disco Night. Plus David Archuletta returns to the Idol stage live. Plus the news that will end two contestants dreams, over 45 million of you voted last night.

They have used the Judges' Save so they have little to do tonight, but say hello anyway to Randy, Kara, Paula and Simon. This week to get the contestants into the Disco mood, we called upon a huge mentor to help them choreograph their moves in the group song, our very own Paula Abdul. Roll the video as Paula puts the idols through their paces.

Some pretty complicated moves, ladies and gentlemen, can they pull it off? Complete with Disco makeovers, it's the Group Song!

Ryan and the idols present Paula with a bouquet of flowers for her efforts. Paula said they worked so hard for two days but she is so proud of them.

We are coming back, the results live after the break.

We are live here at the sofa, the guys did the quick change but the girls are still changing. So while we wait, Ryan vamps and introduces the Ford Music Video.

When we come back, we have reassembled the idols. That was fun, but we are going to change the mood a little bit. Dim the lights.

Let's start with Lil Rounds. You sang I'm Every Woman. Lil, after the nationwide vote, I can see it in your eyes you want this badly. We need someone like you in this competition. After that vote, I am going to have to ask you to walk to the far side of the stage. Lil has 3 children at home and is a courageous woman, never hesitating to speak her mind on the show. Unfortunately, the journey ends for Lil Rounds tonight. It has been a heck of a fight and we have been proud to have you on the show.

Lil reprises her fateful performance of I'm Every Woman.

Paula said why didn't she sing like that last night? What a classy way to go, singing on top of your game. Randy said this is just the beginning, just the beginning, baby. Simon said he was and still is a massive fan, she made some bad decisions, but he's gonna miss her family screaming in the audience. Kara said she will take what she learned from the competition and use it in her career.

After the break, an all-star disco medley you won't want to miss.

Before I continue to hand down the results this evening, I am proud to welcome some of the biggest names in Disco to our stage in an all-star disco medley. Get on your feet, its Ms. Freda Payne, ladies and gentlemen, singing Band Of Gold. Following Freda is Ms. Thelma Houston and then KC without the Sunshine Band.

Coming up, its David Archuletta, plus your results. Who will make the Top Five?

It is results night and this evening we are losing two people in a dramatic double elimination. We have said goodbye to Lil Rounds, but there are two more seats left in the bottom three. Dim the lights.

Kris, please stand up. You sang She Works Hard For The Money. Did you understand what Paula meant when she said you shopped in the women's department? Yes, Paula and I are like that. After the nationwide vote, America thought it all seemed to fit. You are safe, congratulations.

Adam Lambert, please stand up. Adam sang If I Can't Have You. When you were working out the arrangement, did you think it was a big risk? Yes, but looking at the lyrics, as long as they were sung honestly, it would work. Take a seat, you are safe.

Danny Gokey, ladies and gentlemen. Danny did September. Simon, what did you mean about Danny being clumsey? Go back to the contestants. Danny, after the nationwide vote, you are safe.

Anoop, please stand up. Anoop Desai, ladies and gentlemen. You sang Dim The Lights. Were you happy with it? I thought I could have done better, but I was happy. I am going to get right to it, you are in the bottom three. Take a seat, bro.

What's going to happen tonight? One more headed home.

We are over to Allison, please stand up. And Matt Giraud, please stand up. Allison, you sang Hot Stuff. What did you want to do with that change? I really wanted to make it me. Matt, you sang Staying Alive. Matt, you got the save last week. Do you think you made the most of it? I arranged the song myself trying to make it original and was pleased with it.

Matt, Allison, one of you is in danger of leaving American Idol tonight. Last week, the judges saved Matt, but America would have sent you home. This week it was entirely up to the nation, but this week, they have decided to save you. You are safe. Allison, come on down here. After the break, which one of these two will be leaving the competition? Find out live. And the lovable David Archuletta returns.

Last night you weighed in and so far we have lost Lil Rounds and someone else will go soon. But first, you loved him last season, singing his new single Touch My Hand, the one and only David Archuletta.

Archie, welcome back. Keeping busy? Real busy. The only time you were in the bottom two was in the finale. Yeah, right. David tells Anoop and Allison that this is not the end, there is so much they can do after this to live their dream.

Down to Anoop and Allison, live here in Hollywood. Let's get to America's results right now. Bring down the lights, and good luck to both of you. After this season's record breaking vote of 45 million, the person going home tonight is Anoop Desai. Allison is safe. Allison, you can take a seat, sweetheart, congratulations.

Anoop Desai, everyone. Here's Anoop on the Idol stage again. Anoop reprises his risk-taking final performance with his parents in the audience and his Tar Heel supporters celebrating his achievements.

He said he is so disappointed, he really is but on the bright side, he's going back to Chapel Hill.

We are going to take a look back on the amazing journeys of Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai.

Lil Rounds and Anoop Desai leaving us tonight. Lil tells her babies and hubby she is coming home while Anoop thanks the band, the vocal coaches and everyone who helped them get this far.

Fuskie

Who did not think this was Anoop's time to go, but the odds were against him ever since he snuck into the live shows as the baker's dozen...

Winner of cheesecake with a score of 7 uvp

p7lgh.jpg

:party_smilie: :party_smilie:

:notworthy: :notworthy:

thanks

and thanks to everyone that plays weekly

without you there would be no game

so with that said you all can have a piece of my cheesecake

Congratulations uvp!!! Awesome job!!!

P.S. Can I get a 1/4 pt for getting the bonus question right? ;)

Congratulations uvp!! :party_smilie:

Without your hard work, we wouldn't have a game.

With that said, I miss cheesecake. I miss anything sweet actually. I want to win next week. LOL Think you can arrange it?