Elimination Night Thoughts

Slowpoke

Thought Id start a thread where we can voice our opinion about who gets eliminated each week. (if there's a similar thread.... oooops)

I'll go 1st

I can't believe Jessica was bumped and Scott (who may have a nice voice - but has the personality of a slice of yellow american cheese) remained.

Scott just hasn't shown me any 'show biz' pzazzz at all :?

I wish there was a way to control the amount of votes each person can place ..... but I know that's not possible :( )

Guest Anonymous

I agree with you on that one Slowpoke. It wasn't Jessica's time. It was Scott's. Sadly though everyone but one will go home.

I actually wasn't surprised to see Nadia in the bottom 3. I don't expect she'll be around much longer.

I expected to see Scott before her, though, although I do love his voice. I agree that he is quite low on personality oil. He does have a certain weird charm about him. He seems off his game this week. I can't help but wonder what the heck is going on with him. :roll:

To see Anwar in the bottom 3 was a shocker. I think it was song choice, as it was for Jessica. I don't think Anwar or Jessica are going to win AI, so it was just a matter of time before this happened, but I just didn't expect it so soon! I thought their fan bases were bigger. I think Paula hit it on the head with her comment about people not calling because they think their contestants are getting the calls they need. I think the same thing happened to Clay Aiken. I don't think America expected Ruben to win so a lot of people didn't call in. If you recall, the next season's voting numbers tripled or something, records were being set every night, like this season.

Thanks for the sounding board Slowpoke! :D

Guest Anonymous

Nadia was a shock to me! As was Anwar. I hate to say it but I'm not a Jessica fan -- so that didn't surprise me. I like her -- but I don't think she's idol material -- yet.

Does anybody else feel the way they go about revealing the person with the least votes is kinda 'cheesy' ? The lines they give Seacrest to say to drag it out are pitiful :oops:

I can't imagine standing on that stage during a commercial break waiting to see if the ax will fall :?

Guest Anonymous

If they removed the commercials they whole elimination show would last about 5 minutes.

Agreed. I think they should simply call up the one person who will be eliminated. Its less painful for everyone I think.

Guest Anonymous

Yes -- didn't use to take a whole hour? That really would suck.

BTW -- Which of the three songs are you rooting for?

Personally I liked last weeks' "He ain't heavy"

I have to agree with Nebartist. They are too short for any of the contestants to really sing much, and their styles throw each other off at times. I don't know why they bother, really, if they're not going to do the whole song. :?:

I did like the big puppet thing they did tonight! Just for fun, it was pretty fun to watch. I didn't pay attention the first time, I thought it was a commercial. But later, I watched it back on tape and realized it was the Idols in costumes. :lol:

Neb... don't know what I think about that...

I think I mentioned somewhere before - - between picking a new song and learning the arrangement, doing the commercials, learing the group song and deciding on wardrobe.... it must be a pretty busy from week to week.

AT least it's better than Seacrest trying to drag the show out till the tell who lost.

Good point!! Absolutely true!

I'm so bad! I wait till the last bit of the show and turn it over to see, or just come here and have you guys tell me. :D

I can not for the life of me work out why Jessica was sent packing and Scott is still there. Now he is OK, but she can sing better.

Guest ranster627
Does anybody else feel the way they go about revealing the person with the least votes is kinda 'cheesy' ?  The lines they give Seacrest to say to drag it out are pitiful  :oops: 

I can't imagine standing on that stage during a commercial break waiting to see if the ax will fall  :?

I still think that they should give all tallies from top to bottom ... I want to know how the votes are really stacking up ...!!!!

Guest Anonymous

I can't say I disagree with that. It would be nice to know. Even if they let us know who are in the top three, the middle and the bottom three.

Guest ranster627

I am a real stickler for vote disclosure like an election ... I don't trust any hidden information ... smacks of manipulation to me!

Guest XandraSkye
Yeah, once they announced Anwar as being in the bottom three with Nadia and Jessica I knew the chances for Jessica weren't good. But I was hoping there would be a big shocker and Anwar would be the one to go. Even though I think Anwar is a decent singer he does absolutely nothing for me.

Guest Anonymous

I knew there were a lot of Jessica fans here. I did think of you when I saw her go -- but I really like Anwar so there was no difficult choices for me.

I am a real stickler for vote disclosure like an election ... I don't trust any hidden information ... smacks of manipulation to me!

So, your'e on a 'need to know' basis? :lol: I get you! It would be nice to know.

Guest ranster627

Yupper Tabitha ...

When people tell me results, I am not always convinced, and I feel kinda manipulated ... I always likes the facts and figures to back it up ...

It's the "X-Files" in me! I see conspiracy under every bush!

Guest ranster627
lol Me too Ranster -- even if they would disclose all results at the end.  That might be something we'd convince them of.  Think?

I would feel okay if they posted each episodes results on-line AFTER the season ended, preserving their reasons for not posting during the competition! I just need disclosure ... maybe I am jost nosy! :lol:

Guest ranster627
It IS a good idea -- but then they'd have to ensure that the idols don't have internet access -- and that their families didn't tell them.  They're not exactly in seclusion.

Not necessarily if it was after the season finale :?:

Guest ranster627

Ideally Spooky, I would love to track the votes as they came in :lol: , but I would settle for post season!