Top 7 - April 14 & 15/Morty's cheesecake game

uvp

best

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three?

2.Does the veto get used?

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?

+1 Point for each correct idol contestant that ends up in the bottom three

+2 Whether veto get used or not

+3 For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom three

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS April 15, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

best

1.adam

2.anoop

3.alison

4.matt

5.danny

6.kris

7.lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? anoop matt lil rounds

2.Does the veto get used? no

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?lil rounds

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?anoop

subject to change

Best

1. Adam

2. Danny

3. Anoop

4. Kris

5. Allison

6. Matt

7. Lil

Worst

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? - Matt, Lil, Anoop -

2. Does the veto get used? -No-

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Lil-

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -Anoop-

It's really sick when Anoop has one of the best performances of the night... :inquisitive:

Not Worst

1. Adam

2. Anoop

3. Kris

4. Matt

5. Allison

6. Danny

7. Lil

Worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Lil, Allison

2.Does the veto get used? Yes

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Lil

best

1. Adam (it kills me to say it, but....)

2. Allison

3. Anoop

4. Kris

5. Danny

6. Matt

7. LIL (by far)

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Kris, Matt, Allison

2.Does the veto get used? Nope

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt (but in my fantasy world I hope it's LIL!!)

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Allison

+1 Point for each correct idol contestant that ends up in the bottom three

+2 Whether veto get used or not

+3 For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom three

They've dominated the small screen for the past screen for the past six weeks but tonight, they go big time. The Top 7 take on music from the movies under the watchful eye of a ledgend. This is Quentin Tarantino. And THIS is American Idol!

We have the band on the stage, good to see you down here, Ricky Minor looking very nice. That's my suit - just press it and get it back to me. Say hi to our panel of judges, the yellow striped Randy Jackson, the provocative Kara Dioguardi, how do I describe this, what is this, its expensive, you want hot? The hot Paula Abdul. And the legendary, your highness, his majesty, sir Simon Cowell.

Now tonight is kind of a historic evening, right Simon? More unfortunate. Since the girls last week wanted to talk we kind of overran and I apologize to those who want to watch whatever follows this, we, tonight we have to talk 2 at a time so some contestants I won't be judging. So to be clear, there were some complaints it was the girls fault last week. It was 100% the girls fault. OK.

Now lets bring out the group who has been prepping the clock for your support. Ladies and gentlemen, this is your top 7.

Are we ready for a good one? Tonight is the big one. We're getting close. We're gonna work it, baby. Tonight we are taking Idol to the Movies as the contestants bring you the songs of the cinema and to guide them tonight we turn to this man: (roll video of Quentin Tarantino, his movies and his impression of the idols). He will be watching from the audience tonight, Quentin Tarantino.

Let's kick things off with Allison, singing "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith from Armageddon. Quentin thinks she will belt it out tonight. Breathlessly performing the lyrics, while she did belt it out, I did not get the sense of romance that made this song work in the movie which may not be the point. A few times in the middle and at the end she seemed a bit pitchy but that could also just be her vocal style. Paula said she has championed Adam since day one but she posesses the same special sauce as he does, she is authentic, whether she is 16 or 60, she is one remarkable, talented lady. Simon said it was BBQ sauce, hot and spicy, the girls only hope left in the competition right now, really and genuinely, she is getting stronger and more confident, never heard a girl let alone anyone else sing that song so strongly, she believes she can win and she could make it all the way to the end.

Now lets see what happened with Anoop and Quentin. Singing "(Everything I Do) I Do It for You" by Bryan Adams from Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, Quentin wanted him to dive into it. With a bit of Brian Adams raspiness, he was slow out of the gate with a soft and passionate vocal, a totally different take on the song, singing to all the tweenage girls in the audience with all the romance they could absorb. It was a terrific performance playing to his demographic. Randy said Anoop Dog in the house, and he does say that affectionately, he thought it would be really rough, it was a huge song but the last few weeks he really found his zone, it was in tune, emotion jumping off it, a really good job. Kara said he has found his place, pop songs with his soul adding to it, one of his best performances, those changes in the melody were right, coming from his heart, she was connected to his singing.

Next up is Adam Lambert, singing Born To Be Wild by Steppenwolf from Easy Rider. Quentin said he looks forward to seeing what version of a song Lambert brings to the stage, having only gotten a taste. With electricity on the stage, he runs out with a technopop rendition that rocked the house. He was breathing a little to hard at times, and the strobes were a bit over the top but his vocal effects were perfect, his stage presence both energetic and frenetic, once again topping himself with a completely different look and style. Paula said my god, the reason, take it all in as the screams continue, the reason you are shaking up this hole competition is that you dare to dance in the path of greatness and fortune rewards the brave and you are one of the bravest contestants ever. Simon said he needs to learn how to express himself more, vocally incredible, downside is kind of like watching the Rocky Horror musical in parts, one of the biggest rock songs, a portion who will love it and some who will surprise it, I liked it but that performance will not be as popular as the one last week.

After the break, its the return of Brian Adams with Matt Giraud, singing "Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?" from Don Juan DeMarco. Quentin thought Matt gave the song a completely different flavor but needs to not lose the lyrics. Playing the piano, with a slow pan by the camera he was passionate in his performance, strong vocally with a nice acoustic guitar in the background. It had a bit of a country flair as he punched up the power but this did not grab me as much as Anoop's performance. Still it was a strong effort. Randy said it was interesting, it started out cool, hit a rough patch at the bridge, a little pitchy with the melody, he can't try to do too much with a simple melody, he fell down more than he won. Kara said it is a struggle between rock and soul, he is constantly going back and forth each week, he tried to make it feel like an R&B song but took away from the core melodies, it had to be a masterpiece and it wasn't.

Performing 5th is Danny Gokey, singing "Endless Love" by Lionel Richie and Diana Ross from Endless Love. Quinten said he needs to let the power of the song come out through his eyes and not his hands. Singing next to a golden harp, it was another romantic performance that for me fell a bit flat in its sincerity. It was technically terrific but it felt like it was a song being performed rather than a heart-felt story being told to the audience and millions of viewers. But frankly, all the performers sound a little hoarse tonight. Paula said from the opening of the performance she thought the key should have been lowered, but his magic is in the tambor (sp?) of his voice and that magical place defines him as unique and unforgettable, you pulled it together from the middle to the end, and you grab us in the beginning, wow us in the middle and you slay us in the end and that was a beautiful, beautiful rendition. Simon said he can't really fault the way he sang the song, week after week he is a brilliant singer, but he is disappointed that they had the harp and a traditional version of the song, he was kind of a bit bored that was all he did with it but this song means a lot to him personally, he is emotional, so he congratulates him for that.

Taking the stage sixth is Kris Allen, singing Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and Mark

Here we go again . . .

best

1.Adam (hated song but his vocals were spot on)

2.Danny

3.Anoop

4.Kris

5.Allison

6.Matt

7.Lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Allison, Lil

2.Does the veto get used? No

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Lil

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?Allison

Best

1. Adam

2. Danny

3. Anoop

4. Kris

5. Allison

6. Matt

7. Lil

Worst

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Lil, Anoop

2. Does the veto get used? No

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? Lil

*sighs* I'm sorry everyone, but I simply won't be able to write anything tonight regarding the show. I just finally finished my assignment for class and haven't had a chance to even watch the show yet. I'll try to watch it tomorrow morning so I can do my "critique" prior to the closing of the game. That would be 1pm central for me.

I hope I am off to bed. I am tired. :bedtime:

best - this is really tough because I thought the performances tonight, as a whole, were nothing to rave about.

1. Anoop

2. Kris

3. Adam

4. Alison

5. Danny

6. Matt

7. Lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Lil, Matt, Alison

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Alison

best

1.adam

2.anoop

3.alison

4.Danny

5.Kris

6Matt

7.lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Lil matt Kris

2.Does the veto get used? no

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?lil rounds

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?Kris

I'm halfway done with my normal review, but don't want to miss the deadline sooo...

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Kris, Matt, Allison

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Kris

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Allison

Pheww... finally finished. I already posted my predictions, so this should explain those choices for you.

Tonight marks the first night when most of the contestants did very well in my opinion. Only one score fell below 45 points out of 50 for me, which means that the results show will likely be based on one of three factors: 1) Connection with the audience, 2) Fan base support, and 3) Recognizability of the song. With only seven contestants left, the first singer out doesn't necessarily suffer as much as they would have in past weeks due to forgetability. So the connection with the audience due to emotional depth of the performance and the song itself matters greatly. Six out of the seven contestants picked very recognizable songs which could damage the one outsider considerably if it fails to connect with the audience. We also have the fan base support to contend with, so lower scores may not matter if the fan base becomes energized to dial their fingers off due to their favorite landing in the bottom 3 last week.

On a side note, I am amused that in our guessing game, some of us came up with some of the songs to be performed tonight, but we guessed the wrong person to perform it. LOL Or we picked the right movie but they chose a different song. I think only Kayo nailed an exact choice.

With regards to Quentin, for the most part I really loved his comments to the contestants. The majority of the time he is right on track. Tonight also showed the judges bias poking through CONSIDERABLY! With that said I shall commence with individual comments.

1. Allison Iraheta - (V- 18, SP- 13, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 41; Overall score- 271) - I have to be completely honest even though Allison is my favorite girl left standing. Tonight she was really off vocally. I think she tried to blast it out of the water so much that the vocals suffered. The stage presence was okay, but not her best. On a side note, I'm getting used to her hair and I think I am correct in saying that she is the second female with wildly dyed hair to make it this far in the competition (Nikki McKibbon having made it to #3 spot). Though the song suited her and it was a good choice, she could have and should have done it better. The judges comments were based more on love for her than actually critiquing the song performance itself. Yes, she is unique and great, but they didn't want her to go home so they pimped her up.

2. Anoop Desai - (V- 25, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 50; Overall score- 247) - As you can see from the score, I was completely brought in by Anoop's performance tonight. His vocals were spot on. He connected emotionally with the song and with the audience. He even looked good by following one of my "rules" for singing a love song like this. When I imagine a guy going all out to serenade me beneath my balcony, I don't want him to be standing there in faded jeans. I want him to dress to impress. Therefore, Anoop actually gains my third perfect score of the season.

3. Adam Lambert - (V- 23, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 47; Overall score- 272) - Even though 47 is a terrific score that brings Adam up to #2 in my overall standings, this performance was not perfection. Though Adam does this far better than most performers that I have heard... when you run around the stage and put on an electrifying performance, you have a tendency to either run out of oxygen or have a few off notes. He had a few off notes due, I believe, to this. Unfortunately Adam is beginning to suffer from a tendency that only affects original frontrunners. When giving performances that are unexpected and original, you run the risk of finally choosing a song that is not unexpected and only by comparison tends to suffer. So Adam's song choice is what I would classify as a typical selection based upon his style of music and it suffered from not being unexpected. I KNOW he can sing songs like this. I wanted to see what he could do with an unexpected selection and making it originally spectacular. This did not happen this week.

4. Matt Giraud - (V- 23, SP- 14, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 47; Overall score- 270) - I'm going to start out by saying that Quentin's advice was right on the mark this week for Matt. He has had problems enunciating in the past and I was grateful that he finally paid attention to that this week. Tonight is a night that is weird for me. I liked the song choice and I really liked Matt finally looking happy performing rather than troubled and constipated concentration. He had a couple of off notes that he probably intended to sing that way to switch things up, but it didn't work. Once again the judges showed their bias in wanting Matt to be out of the competition in order for their favorites to advance. In my opinion, he took a step up this week from last week. Not the best of the night, but not the worst.

5. Danny Gokey - (V- 25, SP- 13, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 48; Overall score- 285) - Quentin's advice was good to Danny but had a visible reaction for Danny this week. He was visibly trying to hold his hands back and ended up passing the microphone back and forth which was distracting for his stage presence. At the same time, his vocals were exceptional. Not a single note missed and I really FELT the emotion coming from him. He also followed my rule of dressing for a romantic song like Anoop did. Second best of the night for me. But I am getting REALLY tired of the judges bias. They are desperately trying to get Danny's supporters to support Adam instead because they want Adam to win. Adam and Danny have two completely different fan bases. Danny is more pop/R&B while Adam is Rock/Broadway (really only comparable to the splendor of Queen which is actually one of my favorite bands of all time). This leads to my soapbox moment. LET THE PEOPLE DECIDE!! STOP TRYING TO FIX THE RESULTS!!!!

6. Kris Allen - (V- 23, SP- 15, A- 4, SC- 3; Subtotal- 45; Overall score- 268) - Kris is the only person who sang a song that I did not know (even though I know Kayo knew the song, it was unknown to me). Choosing a song that is not well known requires a performance that is so outstanding that they do not care whether or not they knew it. So though his stage presence was beautifully done, the song kind of ended at a place where I wasn't expecting it to. This caused the performance to feel a little flat for me. Randy is typically correct in his judgment of "off-pitch" so since I had nothing to compare it to, I suspect Kris was off on some notes. He also broke my rule for romantic songs. If you want to seduce me with your song, why are you wearing jeans?? In past weeks, Kris was one of the most charming contestants but tonight brought about a boring song choice that simply did not connect with me at all. Kris does not have the loyal fan base that others do, so he is definitely in danger tonight.

7. Lil Rounds - (V- 23, SP- 14, A- 5, SC- 3; Subtotal- 45; Overall score- 240) - I want to start off by saying that this week, Lil's score raised from last weeks. I knew the song and appreciated her effort this week. She either had some off notes, or she chose to sing the song in a way that produced notes that were not suited for what I really wanted to hear. Even with that said, it was a far better vocal than I have heard from her in the past. Unfortunately, I don't appreciate the changes and I totally agree with Simon's comments regarding it being a poor song choice. So even though she connected better than last week (and many other prior weeks), it still hasn't reached the point that I expected from her at the beginning of the competition. She was and is the most overrated performer coming out of the top 36 with the worst performance record of the initial favorites. Unfortunately, with Lil's brush with the bottom three last week, I do not think her fan base will allow her to touch bottom this week which will send someone to the bottom 3 that doesn't necessarily deserve to be there.

Tonight (Last Week)

1. Anoop (4)

2. Danny (2)

3-4. Adam (3) & Matt (6)

5-6. Lil (7-8) & Kris (7-8)

7. Allison (1)

Overall (of the remaining contestants)

1. Danny

2. Adam

3. Allison

4. Matt

5. Kris

6. Anoop

7. Lil

Tonight was good overall, but weird for me. I saw my last week's favorite perform(er/ance) drop to the bottom this week and saw one of my lower contestants blow me away by a flawless performance tonight. I was less than thrilled with some unoriginal song choices, and not blown away by some original choices that fell flat. Even though I can say that this is one of the best top 7 we have had in Idol for a long time (vocally, this group blows away previous seasons), there is definitely a definable difference between the top performers and the rest of the group. I can say that I have not seen overall scores this close before among the top 5 contestants in a prior season, which makes predictions extremely difficult for this group. My bottom three performances should be Lil, Kris, and Allison, but Lil's fan base will move her out of the bottom three and put Matt down there. Even though Allison did the worst this week in my opinion, I am hoping she is still safe. I would have voted for her last night in spite of her score because I simply don't want to see her go. Danny and Adam are the only ones I can say are truly safe, though I think Anoop's performance SHOULD save him this week, though past performances would see him leaving soon after Lil. I have no choice but to say that Kris will be leaving tonight due to his boring song choice and unloyal fan group. But I would not be surprised by Kris, Matt, Allison, or Lil in the bottom 3 with any of them leaving with the judge's save only being used on Allison.

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? anoop matt lil rounds +3

2.Does the veto get used? no 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?lil rounds 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?anoop correct

TOTAL=3

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? - Matt, Lil, Anoop - +3

2. Does the veto get used? -No- 0

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Lil- 0

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -Anoop- correct

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Lil, Allison+2

2.Does the veto get used? Yes +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Lil incorrect

TOTAL=7

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Kris, Matt, Allison +1

2.Does the veto get used? Nope 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt (but in my fantasy world I hope it's LIL!!) +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Allison 0

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Allison, Lil +2

2.Does the veto get used? No 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Lil 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?Allison incorrect

TOTAL=2

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Lil, Anoop +3

2. Does the veto get used? No 0

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop 0

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? Lil incorrect

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Lil, Matt, Alison +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Alison incorrect

TOTAL=5

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Lil matt Kris +2

2.Does the veto get used? no 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?lil rounds 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?Kris incorrect

TOTAL=2

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Kris, Matt, Allison +1

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Kris 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Allison incorrect

TOTAL=1

Tonight was good overall, but weird for me. I saw my last week's favorite perform(er/ance) drop to the bottom this week and saw one of my lower contestants blow me away by a flawless performance tonight. I was less than thrilled with some unoriginal song choices, and not blown away by some original choices that fell flat. Even though I can say that this is one of the best top 7 we have had in Idol for a long time (vocally, this group blows away previous seasons), there is definitely a definable difference between the top performers and the rest of the group. I can say that I have not seen overall scores this close before among the top 5 contestants in a prior season, which makes predictions extremely difficult for this group. My bottom three performances should be Lil, Kris, and Allison, but Lil's fan base will move her out of the bottom three and put Matt down there. Even though Allison did the worst this week in my opinion, I am hoping she is still safe. I would have voted for her last night in spite of her score because I simply don't want to see her go. Danny and Adam are the only ones I can say are truly safe, though I think Anoop's performance SHOULD save him this week, though past performances would see him leaving soon after Lil. I have no choice but to say that Kris will be leaving tonight due to his boring song choice and unloyal fan group. But I would not be surprised by Kris, Matt, Allison, or Lil in the bottom 3 with any of them leaving with the judge's save only being used on Allison.

good breakdown. i agree alison is probably only one they would use it on. kris maybe has outside shot . i been bit by dial idol bug a few times so even thou it looks like from their prediction lil should be safe i was a bit stubborn to change my pick and swap her out and now she has turned into full fledge diva many will probably vote to see the behavior continue . more then likely the one to go this week will be matt the others can afford to have a bad night i dont think he, anoop can at this point even allison cant .

good breakdown. i agree alison is probably only one they would use it on. kris maybe has outside shot . i been bit by dial idol bug a few times so even thou it looks like from their prediction lil should be safe i was a bit stubborn to change my pick and swap her out and now she has turned into full fledge diva many will probably vote to see the behavior continue . more then likely the one to go this week will be matt the others can afford to have a bad night i dont think he, anoop can at this point even allison cant .

Usually my predictions try to not use dialidol. The one time I ignored my own inner voice telling me that boring performances/song choices result in elimination was the week that Megan's boring performance led to her eviction.

So I listened to my inner voice this time that told me that Kris did not connect with the audience because the majority of the audience simply didn't know the song. Since his fans are part of the Yo-Yo contingent, I went with this prediction. This week it matches with dialidol. Next time, it probably won't. LOL

We're still alive in this UVP :)

yes we are

yep i am glad i stuck with my pick

just need lil to go :animated_wave:

gut tells me matt goes

i hope i am wrong

gut tells me matt goes

i hope i am wrong

bs but i knew they were dying to use the veto