Harper's Island

anyone watch it? kinda graphic for network tv (or risque might be a better word).......but i found it very interesting. nice to know its got an end date, so that we know they won't drag it out forever and ruin it.

i'm already speculating who the killer is..........

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I started watching it Scuba, seems pretty good. I myself have already started speculating who the killer is, at first I was going for the Uncle with a shady past but that was cut short. I have to wonder if its someone who lives on the Island such as the boy interested in Abby (think thats her name) who she dumped years ago. But you are right, a 13 episode series where we know we want be hanging.

they kinda made it seem like it was someone on the island.........but i'm not so sure.

the little girl freaks me out!! all talking to dead people and burning snails with the magnifing glass

I'd say VERY graphic for network TV. But I like it. It's still a little early for me to keep up with who is who. I'm afraid with the number of murders per episode, I may never know some characters' names. I'll have to check Hulu or TV.com to see if I can rewatch it.

Right now, I'm sticking with the Cousin Eddy. Supposedly he died under the boat; however, I don't recall knowing what Ed really looked like.

I was kind of surprised Harry Hamlin (sp?) died so quickly. I cannot see him and not start quoting "Clash of the Titans". Fight...and fulfill your destiny...

i really like this show. still wondering why shane has such hostility towards abby and the grooms brother (forgive me, i'm still trying to learn everyone's name!) i know that she left his brother, but he's got some real hate issues there.

i'm not thinking that he is the killer.......or the groom's brother. they seem too obvious to me. i was glad to see that the british guy didn't get killed....i like him! but his gf is a bit freaky.

and wtf is up with hunter and the bride's dad??

glad that hunter is gone and i LOVED his death scene. that rocked!

kelly's eyes were freaky.....he filled them with dye?

i'm pretty convinced that its not john wakefield or his ghost killing people. i'm thinking its one of the wedding guests. just trying to figure out who.

oh, and i'm also pretty sure that i'll change my mind every week about who the killer really is!!

i'm not happy this moved to saturday nites, but whatever. good episode.......that girl is a little freaky. wonder who broke all the china.

so the only person to die this episode was not killed by the psycho killer but was an accident??? kind of a letdown.

and i'm changing my killer........i now think that its james/jimmy......the old boyfriend of abby's. he's my killer right now. he was so distraught(sp) over abby leaving that when she came back he went nuts. the psychic said that they wouldn't stop until they got abby. anywho, that's my guess for today!!

I'm not sure last night's "victim" is the only non-psycho victim. Ok, Persus and bitch-in-the-ditch were definately victims of the island's killer. But I'm not sure Hunter was. he wasn't killed "on" the island, but driving away from it. I also think that the girl who was hanged (sorry, bad with names) was killed bu someone other than the psycho killer.

For now, my bet is still on Cousin Ed. Something is very Scooby/Murder She Wrote about this show, which is cool as I am a big fan of mystery solving great danes :)

For now, my bet is still on Cousin Ed. Something is very Scooby/Murder She Wrote about this show, which is cool as I am a big fan of mystery solving great danes :)

okay, lmfao @ scooby! that is hilarious, 'cause i just pictured henry walking up to the 'monster' and pulling a mask off to reveal the dad as the killer!

i'm not happy this moved to saturday nites, but whatever. good episode.......that girl is a little freaky. wonder who broke all the china.

so the only person to die this episode was not killed by the psycho killer but was an accident??? kind of a letdown.

and i'm changing my killer........i now think that its james/jimmy......the old boyfriend of abby's. he's my killer right now. he was so distraught(sp) over abby leaving that when she came back he went nuts. the psychic said that they wouldn't stop until they got abby. anywho, that's my guess for today!!

but was it an accident? I didn't actually see him shoot himself, maybe the psycho killer did it.

I'm suspicious of Cousin Ben. Is he really dead; did they find his body?

What about Uncle Marty, the preacher, and burned girl; did anyone find them?

What about Uncle Marty, the preacher, and burned girl; did anyone find them?

I don't think they've found any of the bodies. I'm sure stumbling across Uncle Marty's torso would have put a damper on the wedding parties. But then again, maybe not.

I think the final scene is a red herring and no one dies, or at least none of the "main" characters.

I missed the first part, did they find the burned body? I saw them seeing the dog, then getting smacked with the tree, but I don't remember them mentioning they saw a corpse. Like Booth, maybe GiGi's owner was off'ed by someone other than the island killer? The sign did say "no tresspassing".

the only body found was the preacher, and of course the animal corpse in the church

I thought I saw a body hanging from a tree when they were in the woods asking to borrow a phone, but if so, they didn't see it

they missed the burned girl and Booth at the rehearsal, but just went on without them

I can't imagine the father is really dead either; would they continue with the wedding if he was?

my dvr did NOT tape the first 25 minutes of the show. boy was i hot!!! great ending though! why wouldnt' the dad die? the wedding is in one day and we still have like 8 episodes left and need a reason to keep them all on the island.

i'm just afraid that they're gonna cancel the show before it reaches the end......heard it was doing crappy in the ratings......

I can't image them cancelling a mini-series. Heck, I really can't believe the moved the day and time.

If World's Best Dad does get kabonked, would they continue with the wedding story-line or let it fade into the background? As much as I hate it when a show jumps the shark, when it comes to the minies, I don't really mind. I actually prefer "Automic Tornado". So unless they're going for emmies, I say, bring out Jason, Freddy and Chainsaw. :)

Something about Abbe's dad kind of freaked me out. Was he a psycho killer on CSI or something?