Make a Guess (Part 2)

Misha

It was so much fun, I thought we'd do it again.

Here is one list of a top 100 movie theme songs. Feel free however to deviate to any other theme songs you think our remaining contestants might choose.

AFI's Top 100 Movie Theme Songs of All Time

1. Danny Gokey -

2. Adam Lambert -

3. Allison Iraheta -

4. Kris Allen -

5. Anoop Desai -

6. Lil Rounds -

7. Matt Giraud -

I found another link for movie themes while I was trying to guess.

Movie Selections

1. Danny Gokey - Old time rock and roll

2. Adam Lambert - Stayin' Alive, but would get a kick out of it if he revamped Aquarius.

3. Allison Iraheta - Take my breathe away

4. Kris Allen - That thing you do!

5. Anoop Desai - Kiss from a rose

6. Lil Rounds - Any of the diva songs. Over the Rainbow, My Heart will go on, I will always love you.

7. Matt Giraud - Johnny B. Goode (from Back to the Future)

My movie song selections:

1. Danny Gokey -

will do: Because You Loved Me :P (Celine Dion) from Up Close and Personal

should do: Blaze of Glory (Bon Jovi) from Young Guns II

2. Adam Lambert - so many come to mind!-

will do/should do: Come What May (Ewan McGregor) from Moulin Rouge, or My Ain True Love (Alison Krauss/Sting) Cold Mountain, or my favorite- Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) from Wayne's World ...don't know if that one would count though!

3. Allison Iraheta -

will do/should do: I Need to Wake Up (Melissa Etheridge) from An Inconvenient Truth or Bring Me To Life (Evanescence) from Daredevil

4. Kris Allen -

will do: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? from Don Juan DeMarco (this would be a big mistake because of Chris Daughtry's amazing performance of this song)

should do: Falling Slowly (Glen Hansard) from Once

5. Anoop Desai -

will do/should do: I Believe I Can Fly (R. Kelly) from Space Jam

6. Lil Rounds -

will do: Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler) from Beaches.

Should do: You Must Love Me (Madonna) from Evita or Take My Breath Away (Berlin) from Top Gun

7. Matt Giraud -

will do: Vindicated (Dashboard Confessional) from Spiderman II.

Should do: In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel) from Say Anything

My movie song selections:

1. Danny Gokey -

will do: Because You Loved Me :P (Celine Dion) from Up Close and Personal

should do: Blaze of Glory (Bon Jovi) from Young Guns II

2. Adam Lambert - so many come to mind!-

will do/should do: Come What May (Ewan McGregor) from Moulin Rouge, or My Ain True Love (Alison Krauss/Sting) Cold Mountain, or my favorite- Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen) from Wayne's World ...don't know if that one would count though!

3. Allison Iraheta -

will do/should do: I Need to Wake Up (Melissa Etheridge) from An Inconvenient Truth or Bring Me To Life (Evanescence) from Daredevil

4. Kris Allen -

will do: Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? from Don Juan DeMarco (this would be a big mistake because of Chris Daughtry's amazing performance of this song)

should do: Falling Slowly (Glen Hansard) from Once

5. Anoop Desai -

will do/should do: I Believe I Can Fly (R. Kelly) from Space Jam

6. Lil Rounds -

will do: Wind Beneath My Wings (Bette Midler) from Beaches.

Should do: You Must Love Me (Madonna) from Evita or Take My Breath Away (Berlin) from Top Gun

7. Matt Giraud -

will do: Vindicated (Dashboard Confessional) from Spiderman II.

Should do: In Your Eyes (Peter Gabriel) from Say Anything

Are they really going to do these songs or did you guess?

but i think adam should do a rock song :drummer: and make it perfect with the right tone of voice cos i SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! want him to win

and i think its time for lil to go then anoop next week!

Are they really going to do these songs or did you guess?

totally just guessing! Misha came up with a fun way for us to think about what they might sing. This is definitely going to be Adam's night though (like most of the others) because this category is tailor-made for him!

I agree kayo. If Adam flops this week, it is a sad, sad thing that he can't pull through on a night that seems soooo suited for him. The only night that would be better would be a "broadway" theme night. I don't see Simon allowing that any time soon.

I've also decided that Adam could also sing any of the songs sung by Adam Pascal in Rent.

I've also decided that Adam could also sing any of the songs sung by Adam Pascal in Rent.

Whoa, you're absolutely right- I totally forgot about Rent!

I could also see him doing a Barba Streisand number...maybe Piece of Sky from Yentl, or People or Don't Rain on My Parade from Funny Girl. The possibilities are endless!

There are a lot of movie themes that are not on the list..but I'm drawing such a blank and really don't feel like thinking of any others. I doubt any of these will be selected...who knows.

Danny - Circle of Life (Lion King) or Kiss From a Rose (Batman Forever)

Kris - Everything I Do, I Do For You (Robin Hood Prince of Thieves)

Lil - Evergreen (A Star is Born), I Will Follow Him (Sister Act) or A Whole New World (Aladdin)

Adam - The Rainbow Connection (The Muppet Movie), Pinball Wizard (Tommy), Time Warp (Rocky Horror Picture Show) ...this week should be an easy one for Adam to select and go nuts with, he can sing almost anything...I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm looking forward to see what he does...secretly hoping though he goes all out over the top glamrock and shocks us all!

Anoop - Stand By Me (boring...like him) or I'm A Soul Man (Blue's Brothers...let party boy break out again!)

Matt - Fly Me To The Moon (Second Time Around) ....it was tough to pick any of the choices for him

Allison - The Rose (The Rose) or Hopelessly Devoted to You (Grease)

I'm so excited! I just read at Joesplaceblog that Kris is doing the song that I thought he should do: Falling Slowly from the movie Once . Woo hoo- hope this isn't just a foiler but is correct! This is the perfect song choice for him...if he does it right,that is.

I'm so excited! I just read at Joesplaceblog that Kris is doing the song that I thought he should do: Falling Slowly from the movie Once . Woo hoo- hope this isn't just a foiler but is correct! This is the perfect song choice for him...if he does it right,that is.

I've never heard of the song or movie...so I watched the Letterman performance you linked. Nice song...I question whether it is popular or identifiable enough to win the crowd over. Also...it was a bit on the slow side...and not much of a range in vocals...might be too safe. I can almost now hear Simon saying how boring it was. I'm hoping it is a "foiler"...I don't want Kris to be in danger yet and that song might put him in it.

I was just at Mj's blog...no credible spoilers there yet.

Allison - “Don’t Want to Miss a Thing - Aerosmith - Really good on belty parts, not as good on lower register. Over all–good

Anoop - “Everything I Do” by Bryan Adams - He roughed it up per Quentin’s request. Favorite Anoop performance so far.

Adam - “Born to be Wild” by Steppenwolf - OMG Electrifying, snarling…headbanging…working the stage.

Matt - “To Really Love a Woman” by Bryan Adams - He was OK. Sat at the piano…soulded it up. Seemed a little nervous. Quentin told him to enunciate better

Danny - “Endless Love” by Diana Ross - Danny got contacts! Singing was what you would expect. Chair pimpage from Ryan

Kris - “Falling Slowly” - Really pretty vocal. Did a nice job mixing him with one of the background singers. Quentin told him to play an intrument, but he didn’t do it.

Lil - “The Rose” by Bette Midler - She started nice and soft…then she turned it gospelly and became shouty. Least favorite

just got this from mjsbigblog...we'll see if it's correct or not...

and everyone there loves Kris' song choice...huh...what do I know about anything. Hope he nails it!

Thanks Imin. Looks like it's from someone who was at the rehearsal so I'll bet it's pretty accurate.ETA - hmm, I wonder if that is the singing order - if so, Adam lost his pimp spot to Lil.

Thanks Imin. Looks like it's from someone who was at the rehearsal so I'll bet it's pretty accurate.ETA - hmm, I wonder if that is the singing order - if so, Adam lost his pimp spot to Lil.

see my post in lil thread about pimp spot

you do have a knack for calling this stuff! :lol:

I've never heard of the song or movie...so I watched the Letterman performance you linked. Nice song...I question whether it is popular or identifiable enough to win the crowd over. Also...it was a bit on the slow side...and not much of a range in vocals...might be too safe. I can almost now hear Simon saying how boring it was. I'm hoping it is a "foiler"...I don't want Kris to be in danger yet and that song might put him in it

I understand what you're saying but I'm thinking in terms of Adam's performance last week. Mad World is a very basic song with not very many variables when it comes to notes, but Adam added to it and made it his own version-simply fantastic. I guess that's what I'm hoping for Kris with this song. It's a very tender song that he could "milk" if he does it right. (I'm on the west coast and still haven't heard it yet) I highly recommend seeing the movie too-it's fantastic! The song won the Academy Award last year for best song.

yep...I read that it won the award...I figure I'm a bit out of the loop. I do want to see the movie now...especially since it comes so highly recommended. ;)