Make a Guess

Misha

Let's play a game!! Which songs will they pick? Which songs SHOULD they pick? (Try not to look at spoiler threads for this game.)

Placing the names in order of their ages.

Danny Gokey - Top Hits for 1980

Adam Lambert - Top Hits for 1982

Lil Rounds - Top Hits for 1984

Kris Allen,

Matt Giraud &

Scott McIntyre - Top Hits for 1985

Anoop Desai - Top Hits for 1986

Allison Iraheta - Top Hits for 1992

Hmmm... I'm going to have to this about this one. LOL

adam - Do You Believe In Love or Chariots Of Fire

Danny Gokey - Heartache Tonight

Lil Rounds- What's Love Got To Do With It

Scott McIntyre- We Are The World or Never Surrender

Anoop Desai-You Give Love A Bad Name

Allison Iraheta- We Got A Love Thang or Wishing On A Star

Kris Allen- Easy Lover

Matt Giraud-Do What You Do

i havent heard many of these songs so i took a wild guess. lil rounds is one i think i may get because she always pick big songs by big voices

Danny Gokey

Should sing - Don't fall in love with a dreamer (Kenny Rogers & Kim Carnes)

Will probably sing - Its still rock & roll to me (Billy Joel)

The first song would really showcase his range and allow him to connect emotionally with the crowd. He needs a few more magic moments.

Adam Lambert

Should sing - Open Arms (Journey)

Will probably sing - Don't stop believing (Journey)

I'd love to hear him sing either song, but Open Arms would be better in my mind. Journey has the high notes that Adam should totally tap into. The songs are well known and would strike a chord with the public if done right.

Lil Rounds

Should sing - Breakdance (Irene Cara)

Will probably sing - What's Love Got To Do With It (Tina Turner)

If Lil were to change Breakdance around and modernize it, she could tap into what we first liked about her. I'm more afraid she will tap into the karaoke and sing another typical AI song blah blah blah.

Kris Allen

Should sing - Take me On (A-Ha)

Will probably sing - Wake me Up before you Go-Go (Wham!)

As a child of the 80's I love Take on Me. I think Kris could bring some real charm to his performance and tap into some difficult notes that would boost his vocal stock. IF he hits the notes correctly that is. But for some reason I am picturing him back with his guitar hopping around singing "wake me up before you go-go".

Matt Giraud

Should sing - I want to know what love is (Foreigner)

Will probably sing - Do what you do (Jermaine Jackson)

He has a tendency to pick lousy songs. I think he could deliver a stunning vocal with the first song. But he's more likely to pick a song like Do what you do. Time will tell.

Scott McIntyre

Should sing - Can't Fight This Feeling (REO Speedwagon)

Will probably sing - We are the world (USA for Africa)

Can't Fight this feeling is a song that would help Scott tap into emotions, but not totally stress him out with really high notes. I'm more terrified that he will pick another message song and end up singing We are the World.

Anoop Desai

Should sing - Words Get In The Way (Miami Sound Machine)

Will probably sing - Rock Me Amadeus (Falco)

I got to thinking about it. Anoop does well with slower ballads. With the song "Words Get in the Way", if updated correctly, Anoop could tap in once again to a terrific song and really sell it. But he's probably going to pick a song like Rock Me Amadeus that he can try to R&B to death and end up delivering a hideous mess with his exit following on Wednesday.

Allison Iraheta

Should sing - Sometimes Love Just Ain't Enough (Patty Smyth)

Will probably sing - Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen)

Allison could totally deliver a Patty Smyth song and sound original doing it. But this is AI, and what would a season of AI be without yet another person singing Bohemian Rhapsody? I hope she steps out of the typical and delivers something fabulous. If done well, Simon wouldn't even know it was a depressing song!

I am highly amused that we picked a few of the same songs uvp. :partytime:

yeah we got scott down pack :animated_rotfl:

him and lil rounds are pretty much most predictable ones

How fun, Misha- great idea! I'm going to guess now so I won't cheat-I usually look for spoilers as soon as the rehearsals begin.

Danny Gokey

Should sing - Against The Wind by Bob Seger or Cool Change by Little River Band

Will probably sing - Cool Change - Little River Band or Still Rock and Roll to Me by Billy Joel

I don't know why I picked Against the Wind...for some reason I think his voice would sound perfect singing this. Just as long as he doesn't sing She's Out Of My Life by Michael Jackson B)

Adam Lambert

Should sing - Hooked On Classics by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ...LOL, just kidding! That was actually a top 100 in '82?? Anyway, Adam should definitely sing Open Arms by Journey

Will probably sing - Open Arms by Journey

Too bad there wasn't a Queen song in the top 100 for '82, but Journey would definitely fit the bill because he can milk it for all its worth.

Lil Rounds

Should sing - Against All Odds by Phil Collins

Will probably sing - Let's Hear It For The Boy by Deniece Williams

I know Against All Odds is a pretty weird choice...and risky too, but if she could give it an R&B twist and nail the vocals it might just be a bit magical. I'm afraid she'll pick something disco-ey like Let's Hear it for the Boy though.

Kris Allen

Should sing - The Power of Love- Huey Lewis and the News

Will probably sing - Heaven by Bryan Adams

I would love to hear a Kris Allen version of Power of Love, so here's hopin'. Somehow I picture him picking something more on the line of Heaven though.

Matt Giraud

Should sing - Never Surrender by Corey Hart

Will probably sing - Glory Days by Bruce Springsteen

For some weird reason I can see him trying to tackle The Boss- which would be a bad move. Never Surrender would be a better choice. I actually don't think the Jermaine Jackson song Do What You Do would be a bad choice either...as long as he makes it his own and doesn't sing it exactly like Jermaine's version.

Scott McIntyre

Should sing - I would LOVE for Scott to sing Suddenly by Billy Ocean. No piano. Sitting on a stool, totally "unplugged", so to speak. It would be risky but I think it would be a song that would either propel him forward...or seal his fate.

Will probably sing - Can't Fight This Feeling by REO Speedwagon (It's so funny that you put this song down, Misha, because when I looked the list over the first time this is the one that really stood out to me as one he might pick. It actually wouldn't be a bad choice -especially with the beginning part. I just hope if he does it, he'll change it up a bit at the end so it's not so repetitive.

I really, really highly doubt he'll do We Are the World!

Anoop Desai

Should sing - There'll Be Sad Songs by Billy Ocean

Will probably sing - When the Going Gets Tough by Billy Ocean

I totally picture him singing a Billy Ocean song...or maybe James Brown Living in America (now that would be a very risky song choice)

Allison Iraheta

Should sing - I Can't Make You Love Me by Bonnie Raitt

Will probably sing- Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana (the Tori Amos version) - this would be an extremely bad choice, imo.

I think the Bonnie Raitt song could produce a magic moment. The only problem I see is Simon telling her she's too young to be singing that song.

uvp- Your choice of Chariots Of Fire for Adam... :animated_rotfl: I'm hoping you were being funny and knew that was an instrumental song with no words. Good thing it was under Adam's year and not Scott's or you probably would've picked it for him. heh, heh ^_^

Kayo - I loved some of your guesses and you're right... Danny should definitely NOT sing "She's out of my life". :animated_rotfl:

But if anybody could find a way to perform a lyricless song, it would be Adam, not Scott. :animated_bouncy:

I totally disagree that Lil should sing Against All Odds. I want her to find her fun side, not dig deeper into the "Oh look at me, I can hit some high notes and sound like a diva. Don't I sound just like Whitney when I sing this song?? I just wish Whitney had a song out my birth year!!"

I did like some of your song choices for the contestants. I'm really curious how close we were. :animated_scratchchin:

I was in a heroin stuper throughout the 80's so I don't remember a fraction of these songs.

I'm choosing what I'd like them to sing:

Danny - The Rose

Adam - Gloria

Lil - Against All Odds

Kris - Summer of 69

Matt - Heaven

Scott - I Want To Know What Love Is

Anoop - All I Need Is A Miracle (prophetic)

Allison - I Can't Make You Love Me

uvp- Your choice of Chariots Of Fire for Adam... :animated_rotfl: I'm hoping you were being funny and knew that was an instrumental song with no words. Good thing it was under Adam's year and not Scott's or you probably would've picked it for him. heh, heh ^_^

no joke i mentioned i had not heard majority of songs :animated_bouncy:

Kayo. . . Cool Change by Little River Band is one of my favorite songs. The only reason I didn't choose it for Danny is that I didn't think it is well known enough. Even though I think he'd sing the s**t out of it.

no joke i mentioned i had not heard majority of songs :animated_bouncy:

I thought it was a joke too!...thanks for the chuckle anyway...

mod delete this post

This was harder than I thought it would be....anyway....most are meant for humor

Danny

- She's out of my Life by M.J. :giggle:

- should sing Stand by Me by Mickey Gilley

Adam

- I had a hard time with this one because he could sing the alphabet phone book ;)....he should sing One Hundred Ways

Lil

- I'm sure she'll go for something like Tina's What's Love Got to do with it or Pointer Sister's I'm So Excited

- she should sing Let's hear it for the Boy

Matt

- Should sing I want to Know what Love is by Foreigner or Fortress around your Heart by Sting

Kris

- The Search is Over by Survivor

Scott

- Like A Virgin by Madonna or One More Night by Phil Collins :giggle:

Anoop

- Party all the Time by Eddie Murphy

- Danger Zone

- Don't Forget About Me

- All I Need is a Miracle

- Nasty by Janet Jackson

:laugh4:

Allison - as a suck up to Paula...Blowing Kisses in the Wind :smitten:

- should sing something like Good For Me by Amy Grant ...but probably isn't rock enough for her...too pop.

Scott

- Like A Virgin by Madonna

Now that would be a classic, lol!

When I saw that Eddie Murphy song I had to go search for it- hysterical! I forgot about that one...kind of makes me think of that soap opera star who was a one-hit wonder in 1985 with "All I Need". Can't remember his name. Both should stick to acting that's for sure.

uvp- you gotta hear

...I know it'll be familiar to you once you hear it. One of the most repetitive, boring instrumentals EVER. It will literally put you to sleep. I swear.

yeah thanks for link

yeah i know it heard it in many movies

Adam Lambert

Should sing - Hooked On Classics by Royal Philharmonic Orchestra ...LOL, just kidding! That was actually a top 100 in '82?? Anyway, Adam should definitely sing Open Arms by Journey

Will probably sing - Open Arms by Journey

Too bad there wasn't a Queen song in the top 100 for '82, but Journey would definitely fit the bill because he can milk it for all its worth.

Open Arms would have been a good choice for Adam...he definitely has the vocal range to tackle it. I'm not sure if it would be wise to do a song performed by one of the judges...although I'm not really sure if Randy was in Journey when they recorded Open Arms or not. Kind of why I made a feeble attempt at a joke by suggesting Allison sing one of Paula's songs....Allison's spin probably would have rocked it...rather than Paula's bubble gum dance/pop version. (Allison's probably would have been better ;))

It cracks me up thinking of Anoop doing Eddie Murphy's song...as well as picturing Scott humping a bed singing Like a Virgin. Weird sense of humor today...

here are songs

Danny -

I only got Allison's right...but am so glad she's doing that one. I'm guessing she'll be fantastic!

I only got Allison's right...but am so glad she's doing that one. I'm guessing she'll be fantastic!

yeah i watch vid on buddy tv and was like no way does allison nail that song

I got Lil right too (if the spoilers are right). But who knows. I do think it shows that she is still playing a predictable game while the others have been a little less predictable.

I wasn't wanting Danny to sing that song though. Not because of anything other than the fact that it has been overdone through the years. He'll do an awesome job, I have no doubt; but he should have picked a different song.

I'm not sure about that song for Adam though. He will definitely sound unique doing it, but ugh. He's really going to have to change it up a bit.

I think it's a good choice for Allison...she's got the raspy voice to pull it off. She has to perform it as recorded though...can't change the arrangement to be more rock or edgy...it won't work that way.

Lil... :party_smilie:

one that I predicted she would do too...just really don't think she should.

edit...Hey...I just realized I got Danny's song right too! Haha...he's butchering it!

we all got lil or allison

mini cupcakes for all

did anyone get 2 right? :P