Top 8 - April 7 & 8/Morty's cheesecake game

uvp

best

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three?

2.Does the veto get used?

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?

+1 Point for each correct idol contestant that ends up in the bottom three

+2 Whether veto get used or not

+3 For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom three

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS April 8, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

best

1.adam

2.allison

3.matt

4.anoop

5.kris

6. danny

7.lil rounds

8.scott

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three?anoop, scott, kris for now

2.Does the veto get used?yes for now

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?kris for now

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?anoop

+1 Point for each correct idol contestant that ends up in the bottom three

+2 Whether veto get used or not

+3 For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom three

best

1. Matt

2. Adam

3. Allison

4. Anoop

5. Kris

6. Danny

7. Scott

8. Lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Kris, Anoop

2.Does the veto get used? No

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Kris

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop

I reserve the right to change my mind up until the deadline...:P l

best

1. Adam

2. Allison

3. Matt

4. Anoop

5. Danny

6. Lil

7. Kris

8. Scott

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Anoop, Lil

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Scott

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? woops, I didn't read this right the first time... Okay, let's see... ugh, this one is tough... Do I dare say Anoop??? Sure, why the heck not. I'll be risky!! ETA: Okay, I just read other's answers, apparently that's NOT risky.. so I'm going to switch it and say that Lil gets sent to safety first, even though I don't agree with this.... I still think it will be Anoop, but Lil..final answer.

Best

1. Adam

2. Allison

3. Matt

4. Anoop

5. Danny

6. Kris

7. Lil

8. Scott

Worst

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? - Scott, Lil, Anoop -

2. Does the veto get used? -No-

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Lil-

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -Anoop-

ElleNaturelle tiebreaker has to be someone from your bottom three

no problem

thanks for joining the game

best

1. Adam

2. Allison

3. Danny

4. Anoop

5. Matt

6. Kris

7. Lil

8. Scott

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Lil, Matt

2.Does the veto get used? Yes

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Lil

best

1. Adam

2. Allison

3. Matt

4. Kris

5. Danny

6. Anoop

7. Lil

8. Scott

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Lil, Anoop

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Scott (though I kinda wish it was Lil)

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Lil

Tonight I'm going to discuss the Yo-Yo's in our competition (the phrase stuck with me from tonights show as a perfect description), the judges, and the fans. Our Yo-Yo's include Kris, Anoop, Scott, Allison, Lil, and Matt. The Yo-Yo's include performances and fan loyalty. Some weeks, these contestants give amazing performances (some more than others); other weeks, they fail miserably. I believe this constant flip-flop of the performances have created an alternate universe in which we have seen an unusual occurrence in the land of Idol: very little fan loyalty for the majority of the contestants. Those who were lucky enough to garner a strong fan base in the beginning have seen themselves saved from the bottom week even when their performances were obviously less than adequate. Some of them have found themselves in the bottom three when their performances were adequate, but someone elses performance was good enough to gain the votes of the unloyal fan voting. If not for this Yo-Yo effect, we surely would have seen Lil in the bottom three at least once, and Anoop might have left before Alexis.

Danny and Adam have remained consistently safe week after week usually placing within the top 3 of voters. Lil probably comes in close after Danny and Adam for having semi-loyal fans and Scott follows her. As each contestant leaves, the loyal fans who did not really support Danny or Adam end up being part of the continuing yo-yo of voters.

The judges also have their favorites and seem to be trying to work it so we will see an Adam/Danny finale. I also believe they want Adam to win it all, which is why Adam gets pimp spots or close to pimp spots, while they attempt to chip away at Danny's fan base slightly. Whether they are right or wrong does not matter to me. I see it happening and am just pointing out what seems obvious to me. After tonight, my favorite contestants seems to be narrowing from my favorite four to my favorite three (Adam, Danny, and Allison).

So the Yo-Yo effect is going to be very significant in the next few weeks as the field narrows. We will see some shocking eliminations, but I highly doubt the veto will be used until the top 6 or 5 unless if Danny or Adam were to be on the cutting block.

1. Danny Gokey - I have to say that I was not expecting Danny to change up his song. The first part of his song, I was confused but intrigued. With each change-up, I was drawn in and I just absolutely loved his performance tonight. He looked confident and in control. Though some might say he is arrogant, I would say that these contestants would have very poor stage presence if they did not have the confidence in themselves to feel comfortable up there performing for millions of viewers. I don't think he is a mean person, so I am okay with confidence like his. I also appreciated that he did not stick up his fingers for the number 1 for voting. (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 49; Overall score- 237)

2. Kris Allen - Like Matt last week, I was disappointed to see this trend of standing in the audience extend to Kris. I was even more disappointed with his choosing a song that takes no vocal risks. Though he was still charming and seems intent on flirting with his female fans, I was left a little cold with his song. It was a shame because he had been steadily climbing my chart, moving to the top 3. If he survives, he will need to remind me again why I liked him before. (V- 20, SP- 12, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 41; Overall score- 223)

3. Lil Rounds - Those of you who saw my guessing game (and perhaps participated in it) saw that uvp and myself predicted Lil to sing this song. I knew she would do better with a different choice, but I also was pretty sure that she would pick a song that screamed karaoke and ordinary. She attempted to change it up by adding in a few poorly delivered riffs and added some screaming towards the end. Megan is gone now, so Lil has become my least overall favorite now. I had such high hopes for her in the beginning but each week she tends to disappoint me. (V- 21, SP- 12, A- 5, SC- 3; Subtotal- 41; Overall score- 195)

4. Anoop Desai - I really liked the beginning of this song. Though his song selection was much better than last week, once the song began to change up-tempo I began to not like the song. He looked like a college kid again and I feel he is in real danger this week because this could be a middle of the road song that gets his fan base relaxed, thinking he is safe. (V- 23, SP- 14, A- 4, SC- 5; Subtotal- 46; Overall score- 197)

5. Scott McIntyre - Tonight was the worst musical arrangement I have heard from Scott to date. For Scott, his vocals were on average, but with the narrowing of the field average just doesn't cut it. Ever since the top 36, something has bothered me regarding Scott's stage presence. Tonight, I finally figured out what it is and realized why great stars like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles both wore sunglasses. When you have a vision impairment, you have not been able to do what many artists have been able to do before: Making funny faces in the mirror. I myself have tried out a few sexy looks in the mirror until I found one that I really liked and I took a picture of myself that way for fun. Scott's eyes rarely show emotion when he sings and I believe it is due to this. So I never thought I would say something like this, but I truly think that Scott would connect better with the audience if he simply wore some sunglasses. It allows the viewer to envision what THEY think his eyes are doing behind the glasses and allows them to feel the magic. (V- 20, SP- 14, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 43; Overall score- 211)

6. Allison Iraheta - What can I say about this performance? Allison should have had the pimp spot, plain and simple. She nailed this song and I wanted to buy her CD. She showed an incredible range of emotion and really brought me into the message of the song. It was subdued enough that there was no shouting required, but simply fantastic vocals. I could not find an off-note and she wasn't wearing a hideous outfit this week. Her song had far more of an impact on me than Adam's or Danny's did. All I could say was WOW!(V- 25, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 50; Overall score- 230)

7. Matt Giraud - The judges must really want Matt to stick around a little longer, because what they said and how he actually performed were two totally different things in my eyes. It started great, but declined significantly afterwards. He actually tried TOO hard in my book. Too many riffs that resulted in a loss of vocal control and a feeling that he was trying to sing the notes fast enough to keep up with the song. Not a great song choice and he will be lucky for the 2nd place pimp spot tonight if he does not fall into the bottom 3. (V- 21, SP- 13, A- 5, SC- 3; Subtotal- 42; Overall score- 223)

8. Adam Lambert - I'm going to start with the bad and end with the good for this critique. The bad? He had one note at the end that was off pitch. His jacket made me think he was cold this week and needed to warm up. Okay. Thats it for the bad. One bad note and one bad coat. Otherwise it was a great song choice, totally original and, as always, he brought a wealth of emotion to the song without overdoing it like last week. Though I don't think it was the BEST song he could have picked, I cannot fault what he did with it. (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 4, SC- 5; Subtotal- 48; Overall score- 225)

Tonight (Last Week)

1. Allison (5)

2. Danny (1)

3. Adam (4)

4. Anoop (7)

5. Scott (2-3)

6. Matt (6)

7-8. Lil (8) & Kris (2-3)

Overall (of the remaining contestants)

1. Danny

2. Allison

3. Adam

4-5. Matt & Kris

6. Scott

7. Anoop

8. Lil

Three performances tonight were far and away the best tonight. Allison, Danny, and Adam are the only ones who SHOULD be safe. I'm not sure who will be leaving. Matt, Lil and Kris were my bottom performers tonight, but Lil has a serious fan base that is third to Danny and Adam. That leaves four to choose from. Even though I felt Matt did not perform as well as the judges thought, some people are freaking sheep and they Baaaa their way to vote for the judges choices sometimes. Because of that I choose the other three for "the bottom three". Since Anoop did "better" this week, but not great enough to garner the votes from the Yo-Yo Fans, I suspect he will be eliminated. If not, I would have a hard time seeing Kris leave. The judges might actually save Kris. I think Scott's fans are voting like mad to save their guy.

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Anoop, Scott, and Kris

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Scott (they're going to want the shock factor of having Kris in the bottom 2 so that if he survives, his fans will save him the following week).

One bad note and one bad coat.

:animated_rotfl: LOL-Did I ever tell you how much I enjoy your performance "break-downs"? Oh yeah, I guess I did. Well, I'm saying it again. :hurray:

Tonight, I finally figured out what it is and realized why great stars like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles both wore sunglasses. When you have a vision impairment, you have not been able to do what many artists have been able to do before: Making funny faces in the mirror. I myself have tried out a few sexy looks in the mirror until I found one that I really liked and I took a picture of myself that way for fun. Scott's eyes rarely show emotion when he sings and I believe it is due to this. So I never thought I would say something like this, but I truly think that Scott would connect better with the audience if he simply wore some sunglasses. It allows the viewer to envision what THEY think his eyes are doing behind the glasses

I appreciate your insight and I know many have thought this, myself included. For Scott though, it helps him to not wear sunglasses. He can see a small point of light wherever he moves or "focuses" his eyes. It is not very clear at all, but it does help him enough that he is more comfortable without glasses on. I think the point you make about Stevie and Ray is a good one though. With glasses on, they are a bit more mysterious, a bit more "cool", and tend to connect with the audience more, as weird as that sounds. Their eyes have become basically a non-entity and they are able to emote more because of it. If they both had not worn sunglasses, I think people's opinions of their performances and personalities when they first started out might have been quite different, to be honest. Human beings are very visually oriented and we do make judgement calls based on looks, manners and dress. It's just the way it is.

best

1. Adam

2. Matt

3. Anoop

4. Allison

5. Kris

6. Danny

7. Scott

8. Lil

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Kris, Anoop, Scott

2.Does the veto get used? I'm going to go out on a limb and say - Yes

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Kris

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop

5. Scott McIntyre - Tonight was the worst musical arrangement I have heard from Scott to date. For Scott, his vocals were on average, but with the narrowing of the field average just doesn't cut it. Ever since the top 36, something has bothered me regarding Scott's stage presence. Tonight, I finally figured out what it is and realized why great stars like Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles both wore sunglasses. When you have a vision impairment, you have not been able to do what many artists have been able to do before: Making funny faces in the mirror. I myself have tried out a few sexy looks in the mirror until I found one that I really liked and I took a picture of myself that way for fun. Scott's eyes rarely show emotion when he sings and I believe it is due to this. So I never thought I would say something like this, but I truly think that Scott would connect better with the audience if he simply wore some sunglasses. It allows the viewer to envision what THEY think his eyes are doing behind the glasses and allows them to feel the magic. (V- 20, SP- 14, A- 5, SC- 4; Subtotal- 43; Overall score- 211)

I appreciate your insight and I know many have thought this, myself included. For Scott though, it helps him to not wear sunglasses. He can see a small point of light wherever he moves or "focuses" his eyes. It is not very clear at all, but it does help him enough that he is more comfortable without glasses on. I think the point you make about Stevie and Ray is a good one though. With glasses on, they are a bit more mysterious, a bit more "cool", and tend to connect with the audience more, as weird as that sounds. Their eyes have become basically a non-entity and they are able to emote more because of it. If they both had not worn sunglasses, I think people's opinions of their performances and personalities when they first started out might have been quite different, to be honest. Human beings are very visually oriented and we do make judgement calls based on looks, manners and dress. It's just the way it is.

My 2 cents in this conversation... I agree with Misha. Even though Scott may be more comfortable without them...I often see a blank stare in his eyes when he sings. I tend to focus on his eyes...(for that matter all the other performers eyes as well)...when he (they) sings. He doesn't show emotion in his eyes like sighted people do...or connect with the viewers...so it leaves me a bit disconnected from him in return. I think a pale brown tinted pair of sunglasses would compliment him...take the edge of the disconnect if you know what I mean...plus would add a bit to the "cool" factor...although I really don't equate Scott with "cool" at all.

oh...and Misha...care to share some of those sexy looks you've been practicing in the mirror :naughty: (j/k)

8. Adam Lambert - I'm going to start with the bad and end with the good for this critique. The bad? He had one note at the end that was off pitch. His jacket made me think he was cold this week and needed to warm up. Okay. Thats it for the bad. One bad note and one bad coat. Otherwise it was a great song choice, totally original and, as always, he brought a wealth of emotion to the song without overdoing it like last week. Though I don't think it was the BEST song he could have picked, I cannot fault what he did with it. (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 4, SC- 5; Subtotal- 48; Overall score- 225)

I agree with all but the part of it being totally original....it was a very close rendition of the version I linked to in my post in the Adam thread

A very good rendition of it...but not really that original imho...

Also...I think you and I are in the minority here that didn't place him in #1 spot...

enjoy ready your reviews Misha...as always! :)

I think a pale brown tinted pair of sunglasses would compliment him...take the edge of the disconnect if you know what I mean...plus would add a bit to the "cool" factor...although I really don't equate Scott with "cool" at all.

lol, yeah I would probably agree although, at this point, it's too late. If he came on wearing glasses now there would be too much flak- those with disabilities saying he "sold out" to public opinion and others who would think he was weird for all of a sudden wearing glasses. People might have perceived him as a bit cool or mysterious if he'd started at the beginning of the competition by wearing glasses but not now. Ultimately, Scott wanted to be himself and he never wears glasses, so he made the choice. Still, a nice pale brown pair of sunglassess would've been nice... B)

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three?anoop, scott, kris for now +2

2.Does the veto get used?yes for now 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?kris for now 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?anoop incorrect

TOTAL=2

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Kris, Anoop +2

2.Does the veto get used? No +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Kris 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Anoop, Lil +3

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Scott +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? woops, I didn't read this right the first time... Okay, let's see... ugh, this one is tough... Do I dare say Anoop??? Sure, why the heck not. I'll be risky!! ETA: Okay, I just read other's answers, apparently that's NOT risky.. so I'm going to switch it and say that Lil gets sent to safety first, even though I don't agree with this.... I still think it will be Anoop, but Lil..final answer

correct

TOTAL=8

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? - Scott, Lil, Anoop - +3

2. Does the veto get used? -No- +2

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Lil- 0

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -Anoop- incorrect

TOTAL=5

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Lil, Matt +2

2.Does the veto get used? Yes 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Lil correct

TOTAL=2

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Lil, Anoop +3

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Scott (though I kinda wish it was Lil) +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Lil correct

TOTAL=8

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Anoop, Scott, and Kris +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Scott (they're going to want the shock factor of having Kris in the bottom 2 so that if he survives, his fans will save him the following week). incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Kris, Anoop, Scott +2

2.Does the veto get used? I'm going to go out on a limb and say - Yes 0

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Kris 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop incorrect

TOTAL=2

Good luck everybody. I didn't get to play this week - was going to do my picks this am but the computer was acting up and I had to call tech support to reset my internet connection. Anywho, I am worried for Kris, and I don't think the judges will save him if he is the low man.

sorry to hear that sugar

quite a few of regulars were missing

i guess losing megan was too much :animated_rotfl:

Yep, that was it!!! LOL - I should have picked last night - thought about it, but couldn't decide and was tired, so figured I'd play this morning. Oh well, it's still fun to see who comes out on top tonight in the cheesecake game!! I forgot to say in my last post, the reason I don't think Kris will get saved if he is voted out is because Simon has said a couple of times he is forgettable, so I don't think he'd support saving him. Besides, they have to keep the save in case Adam loses his edge and they need to save their chosen one! :animated_rotfl:

there goes my chances