Top 9 - March 31 & April 1/Morty's cheesecake game

uvp

best

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three?

2.Does the veto get used?

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?

+1 Point for each correct idol contestant that ends up in the bottom three

+2 Whether veto get used or not

+3 For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom three

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS April 1, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! getting ready.

best

1.Kris

2.Lil

3.Danny

4.allison

5.adam

6.matt

7.Megan

8.Anoop

9. scott

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Anoop, Matt

2.Does the veto get used?No

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

Matt

+3 For guessing who gets lowest number of votes must be someone from your bottom three

So am I. :)

best

1. Danny

2. Kris

3. Allison

4. Adam

5. Matt

6. Lil

7. Scott

8. Anoop

9. Megan

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Megan, Scott, Anoop

2.Does the veto get used? No

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Scott

:animated_rotfl: :animated_rotfl:

best

1.Kris Allen by a mile

2.allison

3.danny

4.adam

5.matt

6.Lil Rounds

7.anoop

8.scott

9.megan

worst

overall a bad night for all but kris

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? anoop megan matt

2.Does the veto get used?no

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? megan

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?matt

subject to change lol

Tuesday night and we are down to our top nine. Randy says last week they brought it but tonight it gets even tougher. Kara said artistry is making it unique to make us want to buy the record. Paula has nothing under the table and Simon is looking forward to Ryan being amazing. Let's bring out the artists, your Top 9, America!

We have a cool theme for you song choice wise. The idols could choose any of the post popular songs downloadable on iTunes. But first a video of the Idols visiting Ryan at the radio studio for American Top 40. 29 Idol finalists have made the top 40. So there is something for everyone tonight.

Starting up is Anoop, who things the competition is getting people to relate to you, singing Caught Up by Usher. Dressed in black with a bit of a hip hop Elvis flair and a Michael Jackson shoulder braid, the vocal was up beat, emotional, and a bit bad guy. Randy said he picked up his swagger, really good vocals although the dancing was not quite as good, maybe not the right song. Kara said he needed to go up in his range and do riffs, but he kind of played it safe, like a bunch of frat guys dared him to sing. Paula wasn't sure at first but enjoyed singing his playful side again, his vocals were really good but he needs to work on the stage presence, take some liberties with the arrangement. Simon said it was a complete and utter mess, he came over as a wannabe, no originality, a bit college boy imitating pop star, gave him a headache.

Singing second is Megan, who is hoping for a rebound performance, performing Turn Your Lights Down Low by Bob Marley. There was a strange warble to her voice and plenty of pitch problems not to mention all that stuff hanging from from her neck. This was a horrible performance, did not sound reggae at all, just plain bad. Kara said she is in trouble, it was not the song choice for her, that part of her register was getting irritating, she is ignoring her falsetto. Paula said at this stage of the competition, she needs to take us buy surprise and go somewhere uncomfortable to find something beautiful, sing a sensitive, vulnerable ballad. Simon said the problem was the song was boring, it was indulgent, monotonous, all the things they liked about her are disappearing, it wasn't her, it was about song choice, so boring. Randy said it was like watching paint dry, just because you love a song doesn't mean she can sing it.

Next up is Danny, who hopes to pull out the emotion inside of him, singing by What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts. With a violin accompaniment, he slows it down this week with well paced, wordy vocal that demonstrates his control and passion. He needs to not lick his lips so much when taking a breath, though. A good solid performance. Paula said this is where he thrive, from the first note to the cadence he left her wanting more, a performance she will definitely hit repeat in her car. Simon said this w eek it was his best performance so far, just brilliant and it was, we are only 3 here, but it was so much better than the first two, like two snails competing with a race horse, you were so far ahead of the other two, get a great song and sing it brilliantly. Randy said tonight's show starts right here, he got crazy with the vocals, its about choosing a song that can show his vocals, demonstrate his range, pick it up like Santa on a rocket. Kara said he moved everyone in the room emotionally, gave of his hard and soul and connected with the audience, she had goosebumps.

Allison performed fourth, busting out the guitar and singing Don't Speak by No Doubt. With pink rocker hair and a pink skirt over black leggings, the performance started a bit sedated. When she picked up the tempo, the vocals were flat, a little too forced and the performance was a bit boring. Randy said vocally she can sing but she was a little ahead of the beat, rushing the band, but dude, what is she wearing, he did not get the ensemble. Kara said the rock in her comes out no matter what she is wearing, so she doesn't need to dress the part, just use her raspiness and edge, she was a bit forced, not her best but good. Paula said her vocal prowess rivals singers twice her age, intonation and delivery masterful, she is serious, she is skating by and going right to the finish line. Simon said the outfit was like something from the Addams' Family, slightly precocious daughter trying to dress and sound like a rock star, a bit like dressing up like a pop or rock star, and she lost her identity, plus she shouted the song.

After the break Scott, who plans to strip down to just him and the piano this week,took the stage performing Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel. Turning to smile at the camera before he starts singing, this performance will inevitably get piano bar comparisons but it was an unrushed vocal, perhaps a bit flat in parts or maybe I was just expecting more of a baritone, but a solid performance with a some interesting interpretations of the melody. Kara said he made a smart decision with that song, right what he should be doing, just singing to the audience in a moving performance coming from an honest place, and she loves the new look. Paula said she is most proud of him, nothing to with his challenge but everything he does to make her forget that challenge, and it must be a thrill to sing one of his idols, he took a risk without the orchestra but it paid off. Simon said his best performance by a country mile so far, absolutely, a different Scott with the Ryan Seacrest hair, very lucky he didn't listen to the advice to not play the piano. Randy said one of the best of the night, nice one.

Next up is Matt, who is going to put his passion into it and sing for himself this week after being in the bottom three last week, singing You Found Me by The Fray. Playing the keyboards surrounded by fans, the song started off slow and built up its intensity. The vocals were a little gravelly for which I don't have a good ear, but his falsetto was strong and the audience loved it. Paula appreciated that he went with a contemporary song but he aborted the things they loved most about him, riffing and singing in his falsetto voice, it was a sound-alike but not a great performance for him. Simon said he should be happy they don't like him this week, he didn't get it, someone trying to be someone else, not a good commercial song, trying to be too many different people, uncomfortable. Randy said it was the wrong song for him, he has more chops than that, a soul singer not a rock singer. Kara said he keeps going between the R&B and rock sides of pop and at some point he needs to commit to one, but he is a talented guy and doesn't deserve to go home.

Performing next is Lil, who carefully considered her song choice this week, singing I Surrender by Celine Dion. In an elegant blue dress and a Michelle Obama hairdo, she started off strong but seemed a little off pitch a couple times during the chorus before she brought out the power. But she was lacking the emotion of the story in her performance. Randy said this would not have been his song choice for her because she should have more swagger, but she sang it really, really well, unbelievable vocal skills but young it up a bit. Kara said it is effortless when she goes up octave, she hit a few amazing notes, a glimpse of what they saw in the beginning, a singer who can let it out and wow us and we need more of that. Paula said she doesn't want to see adult contemporary but the joy she had in the beginning. Simon said this was singing to stay in the competition with a safe song, similar to a wedding performance, too soft a song, she should do a contemporary ballad instead of something old fashioned that sucks the emotion out of her.

Adam takes the stage, going in a completely opposite direction, singing Play That Funky Chicken by Wild Cherry. Up tempo with some fancy footwork and a new look, he was channeling a bit of Elvis and the 80's with an original take on a classic party song. It was a strong vocal that had the audience on their feet, a strong, energetic rock vibe that brought the house down. Paula said true genius does not fulfill expectations, it smashes them and he is one. Simon said it was brave, at least they got rid of the karaoke nonsense, it won't make him as popular as last week but it won't matter. Randy said he has the voice, he worked it out, he definitely did his thing. Kara said she looks forward to seeing what he will do next this week, it was like Studio 57 in the audience.

The final performance tonight is Kris, who likes to make old songs current, singing Ain't No Sunshine by Bill Withers. Trading in his guitar for the keyboard, his performance is emotional, regretful, powerful and original. His performance told the story of a boy with a broken heart and the audience at it up. Randy said for the last couple weeks he has been slaying them, he's in the zone, one of the best performances on the night. Kara said three words, that is artistry. Paula said he is pacing himself well, taking a 30 year song and making it his own, his best performance to date. Simon said he is showing confidence tonight, his best performance to date.

Fuskie

Whose favorite performances were by Adam and Kris and his least favorite performance was Megan by a mile...

my bottom three is tough

i may changed it

multiple times

which i hardly do

Best

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Danny

4. Allison

5. Lil

6. Anoop

7. Matt G

8. Scott

>

<

>

<

90. Megan

Worst

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? -Megan, Scott, Matt-

2. Does the veto get used? -No-

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Megan- (I hope)

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -Scott-

i am probably gonna change mines

i am watching several sources to get a feel

the deadline is 2pm tomorrow so i have time

no worries who put what first

i am sure we all cheat and see what others put

i usually put my pick first and wont changed but this week is a tough one

i may changed who goes

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Danny

4. Anoop

5. Matt

6. Scott

7. Alison

8.Lil

9, Megan

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? -Megan, lil, Alison 2. Does the veto get used? -No-

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Megan- (I hope)

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -LIL

best

1. Kris

2. Danny

3. Adam (even though he's not my fave, I appreciate his talent)

4. Allison

5. Matt

6. Scott

7. Anoop

8. Lil

999. Megan

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Megan, Anoop, Allison

2.Does the veto get used? Nope

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Megan (it's time ---- PLEASE!!!)

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop

DEADLINE FOR ENTRY OF PREDICTIONS April 1, 2009 2PM Eastern AND 11 AM Pacific

best

1. Adam

2. Kris

3. Allison

4. Danny

5. Anoop

6. Scott

7. Lil'

8. Matt

9. Megan

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Anoop, Scott

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Matt

Edited by CeCiMom
Made some changes.

Tonight was (in my opinion) one of the hardest tasks for the contestants thus far. Though they expressed joy at being able to pick their songs that would best suit their genre from the vast list represented by the Top 40 downloads, they fail to recognize certain dangers in this quest.

1) If you pick a song for the genre that you really want to sing in, and then give a lousy performance... the audience will not be prone to support you anymore.

2) If you pick a song that only a small portion of the audience knows, you'd better give such an amazing performance that they say "Hey, I didn't know that song before, but I have to have it!" Otherwise, they will be dismissive of your performance even if you do a good job because there is nothing to compare it to. So it is best to pick a song that they DO know and then transform it into your preferred genre. Doing this successfully can lead to a "MAGIC MOMENT". Failing to do so can lead to elimination.

So obviously there are many hidden traps to this kind of theme week. This week illustrated how some of the contestants are poorly equipped to rise to the challenge. I thought this was the most painful week to date for many contestants and the best week for others. There was very little middle ground for me here. And my knowledge of certain genres is lacking, especially with current music, so some of my scores will be low based the two previously stated dangers.

1. Anoop - I know of Usher and I know a few songs of his. I did not know this song. OR... if I did know the song, I certainly did not recognize it tonight. Anoop needs to learn the Ruben lesson. Ruben sang the songs the audience knew and he did it very well during his season. Then, he went out and recorded an album that did not reflect what he did on the show, resulting in lower sales than the second place contestant Clay Aiken. Ruben has now gone back into the kind of music that he is best suited for. Anoop needs to do the same thing. This sound was not good for him and it puts him in serious danger. Yes, the boy can sing, but if he doesn't want to record the music we like to hear from him, why bother supporting him? I didn't like the look of his jacket or shirt, and his song choice obviously sucked. (V- 20, SP- 13, A- 3, SC- 2; Subtotal- 38; Overall score- 151)

2. Megan - Though better than last week, Megan did what I was sincerely hoping she would do soon. She delivered a completely boring song. In a perfect world, this will help her to finally get eliminated. I know the artist, but did not know this song either (or at least I could not recognize it). She still doesn't have control over her vocals and her outfit was lousy. I do not give points because someone is naturally beautiful if their style does not work. (V- 15, SP- 8, A- 2, SC- 3; Subtotal- 28; Overall score- 93)

3. Danny - Finally. Danny gave me exactly what I have been waiting for from him. A controlled vocal with sincere emotion. He always looks happy when with the judges but I was moved by his reaction to the fans. He seems almost in awe that they really like him. I actually listened to the song twice to double check my ears, but the backup singers were actually the ones who were a little off-key. Can't fault Danny for that. He wasn't moving around awkwardly and he finally looked in control of the stage. I even knew the song!! I do think that AI has been pushing Adam and it seems obvious that they are trying to reduce Danny's fans by putting him towards the beginning this week and only letting him sing his 5th choice last week. When he said that I was in shock. They have been able to sing almost every motown hit thus far and yet Danny was reduced last week to singing Get Ready? Regardless, he should definitely be safe after tonight's performance. (V- 25, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 50; Overall score- 188)

4. Allison - This is one of my confusing performances. I happen to really like No Doubt and the song that she sang. I was worried that it would be a karaoke copy, but Allison changed it up a little and added a few riffs of her own to it. Vocally, she did pretty good. But I have to agree with the judges on that outfit. And her hair even looked brighter than before. UGH!!! Tone it down Allison. Otherwise you might lose all the support you have gained from week to week. (V- 23, SP- 15, A- 2, SC- 4; Subtotal- 44; Overall score- 180)

5. Scott - I want to make one thing clear. I wrote on my notepad that it was Scott's best performance to date BEFORE the judges said it. THIS is the Scott I was hoping to see all along. His best vocal to date. He was FAR more comfortable onstage. It was very nearly perfect in every way. The song choice was excellent because it is a well known song and should do extremely well in the genre that suits him best. Though I still don't see him making final 3, this was a magic moment for Scott. (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 49; Overall score- 168)

6. Matt - After last weeks scores, I had Matt at the top of the overall scores thus far. But tonight he moved back to #3. His vocals suffered from his song choice and trying to work too hard. He needed to realize that the fans would be upset about him being in the bottom 3 last week and they would work hard to save him this week. He needed to deliver a decent performance and this was not it. The vocals started way too low and the genre does not suit him at all. If this is the type of record he wants to release, I would not buy it. (V- 20, SP- 13, A- 5, SC- 3; Subtotal- 41; Overall score- 181)

7. Lil Rounds - It is hard enough singing a song that Kelly Clarkson blew away during her season. It is even harder if that song is a Celine Dion song. I am irritated that the judges were as easy on her as they were tonight. She was off pitch and everything else followed. When the camera panned behind her, I was shocked by that dress. It was way too tight and emphasized her "trunk". All in all, I thought it was a horrible song choice. I was really hoping to hear something contemporary out of her, but got that poorly done karaoke instead. Blah!! Unfortunately she has a large fan base, so even though I think she deserves to be in the bottom three, I think she'll squeak by again. (V- 16, SP- 11, A- 3, SC- 2; Subtotal- 32; Overall score- 154)

8. Adam Lambert - I have to hand it to Adam. He is certainly not boring. Even though I thought his vocals were way over the top, I didn't really like the song choice for him, and the blue shirt didn't seem to fit with the rest of the outfit... I was amused and entertained. He is definitely a showman. So even though I thought it was indulgent, I have to say that it worked overall. Not the best of the night, but he's definitely collecting a serious fan base. (V- 23, SP- 15, A- 4, SC- 4; Subtotal- 46; Overall score- 177)

9. Kris - I think Kris may very well have picked up the votes that Matt lost tonight. This performance was very nearly perfect in every aspect. I was impressed when I found out that he not only played the guitar, but also played the piano. It was a truly artistic performance that is sure to delight fans of all ages. I really felt his stage presence tonight and he commanded the whole audience. I can definitely see why he earned the pimp spot tonight. (V- 24, SP- 15, A- 5, SC- 5; Subtotal- 49; Overall score- 182)

Tonight (Last Week)

1. Danny (3-4)

2-3. Scott (9) & Kris (3-4)

4. Adam (2)

5. Allison (5)

6. Matt (1)

7. Anoop (8)

8. Lil (6)

9. Megan (10)

Overall (of the remaining contestants)

1. Danny

2. Kris

3. Matt

4. Allison

5. Adam

6. Scott

7. Lil

8. Anoop

9. Megan

Only 4 performances tonight really made me happy. Danny, Scott, Kris, and Adam should be safe from the bottom three. Unfortunately that makes a hard decision for the other five remaining contestants. Lil should be down there, but she seems to have very dedicated fans. That leaves Allison, Matt, Anoop, and Megan. If my memory serves me correctly, all of those except Megan have seen the bottom 3. But Megan gave a boring performance this time. Matt's fans MIGHT just put in the extra work to keep him safe, but I'm not confident in that happening after that performance. Anoop, Matt, and Megan's fans are probably willing to put in the extra effort. I'm afraid Allison will be forgotten in the middle and end up eliminated.

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Allison, Anoop, Megan

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? I am probably going to regret predicting this, but... Allison (I wish it were Megan or Anoop instead)

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop

Misha, I just have to say again how much I appreciate your well-thought out, well-written analysis of each week's performances. Kudos to you!

My favorite performances of the night, from best to worst

1. Kris, Kris,Kris!! That was one AMAZING performance and made the rest pale in comparison.

2. Scott - I have to put Scott here because it was, by far, the most-improved performance.

3. Allison

4. Danny

5. Anoop, Adam, Matt - couldn't decide...three-way tie

8. Lil

9. Megan

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? -Megan, Anoop, Allison

2. Does the veto get used? -No-

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Megan

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? Allison

I've been avoiding this thread...I don't have a clue who is in the bottom or going home... and I don't trust DI. Number 1 spot and number 9 spot are the only clear cut choices for me...the rest I kept moving up or down. Trouble differentiating between who I like and who did well...who did worse than the other...and there were a lot of worsts.

best

1. Kris

2. Adam

3. Danny

4. Allison

5. Matt

6. Anoop

7. Scott

8. Lil

9. Megan

worst

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Megan, Scott, Matt

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Scott

yeah this is a tough week due to a lot of factors

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Scott, Anoop, Matt +1

2.Does the veto get used?No +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes?Anoop 0

Tiebreaker System:

Matt incorrect

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Megan, Scott, Anoop +2

2.Does the veto get used? No +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Scott incorrect

TOTAL=4

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? anoop megan matt +2

2.Does the veto get used?no +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? megan +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan?matt incorrect

TOTAL=7

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? -Megan, Scott, Matt- +1

2. Does the veto get used? -No- +2

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Megan- (I hope) +3

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -Scott- incorrect

TOTAL=6

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? -Megan, lil, Alison +2

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? -Megan- (I hope) +3

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? -LIL incorrect

TOTAL=7

Bottom 3: Anoop, Matt, Megan +2

Veto used: No +2

First to safety: Anoop incorrect

TOTAL=4 *Forgot to do question #3

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Megan, Anoop, Allison +3

2.Does the veto get used? Nope +2

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Megan (it's time ---- PLEASE!!!) +3

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop incorrect

TOTAL=8

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Matt, Anoop, Scott +1

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Anoop 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Matt incorrect

TOTAL=3

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Allison, Anoop, Megan +3

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? I am probably going to regret predicting this, but... Allison (I wish it were Megan or Anoop instead)0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Anoop incorrect

TOTAL=5

Morty's Cheesecake Game

1. Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? -Megan, Anoop, Allison +3

3. Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Megan +3

Tiebreaker System:

1. Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by Ryan? Allison correct

TOTAL=8

Morty's cheesecake game

1.Which three idol contestants makes bottom three? Megan, Scott, Matt +1

3.Which idol contestant from your bottom three will received lowest amount of votes? Matt 0

Tiebreaker System:

1.Which of bottom three contestant gets sent to safety first by ryan? Scott incorrrect

TOTAL=3

Misha, I just have to say again how much I appreciate your well-thought out, well-written analysis of each week's performances. Kudos to you!

yeah its a very impressive analysis and well thought out. i know it takes a lot of time to make up such a detail analysis. stage presence is an area that i think many and even idols themselves overlooked part of reason i thought taylor hicks won his season he knew how to work stage. idk but to me this year crew outside of adam doesnt know how to work stage they either over do it like matt and anoop at times or dont use it enough megan. yeah but whoever is making up allison and megan and rest needs to be fired lol

no worries next week

dial idol strikes again

believe :notworthy: