First Class

Guest Anonymous

Guest Anonymous

I have a question about last night's race. Its slightly off topic but I don't think its worth a heading of its own. On the flight to Africa, Ray and Deana ended up in first class. I thought this wasn't allowed? Why weren't they eliminated as soon as they got off the plane?

I know it hardly matters as they went home anyway -- but I thought first class flights were not accepted?

Spooky you are 100% correct!!

In past seasons you were not permitted to fly first class!

I remember when someone got a penalty for flying first class.

Even though Ray --the big mouth-- got booted it was the 2nd hour and they flew to africa in the first hour when Meredith and his wife got in last place.

I dont know why Ray didnt get a penalty!!

I sat there thinking --THEY ARENT ALLOWED TO FLY FIRST CLASS!!!!!

Guest Anonymous

In a past season though -- when a team would have been bumped to first class they had to say no and then take a later flight. I thought they simply weren't allowed to fly first class.

Guest Anonymous

I did too Flynwa -- it just struck me as plain wrong. Especially since they were allowed to de-plane first.

from my understanding when they showed it they had said that they had schmoozed the flight crew in making sure they got off first then they cut to a clip of them in first class sleeper seats!

Guest ranster627

The rule is that they have to ask for economy when booking ... if they get bumped up after that ... no problems. I remember one show where a team was not able to access the flight because there were only "first class" seats left ( a while back ).

But I also remember, vaguely, that some other team had been bumped up and that was fine ....

Hope this helps??? :?

Please note - This thread is locked for the purpose of archiving.

Thank You

Mod Team

Edited by moderator to add the above quote.