Race to Witch Mountain

Scuba

okay, first off.......dwayne johnson is HOT! whew. i want to eat him up!

second of all.......great movie for kids. not too young kids though, there are a few scary parts. they did a good job on the remake. not exactly like the first one, but they got the jist of things right. the only thing i wanted was that mystery........what's wrong with the kids, why do they have the powers they do.........instead of hitting you right out of the gate with the whole alien thing.

thirdly.............for those of you who saw it........did anyone besides me get the whole natalie (nattie) gann reference?!!??!?!! i was cracking up in the theater for the longest time about that!

I really want to see this movie and it's my turn to pick for our next family movie night. Do you think it's something 3 pre teen boys would like. The last time it was my turn I picked Twilight (heehee)...myself, my hubby, the 3 boys and an extra friend. When we were leaving the theatre the boys were all 'ugh what a chick flick..blah blah blah' but then when we got home they all individually told me that they actually didn't mind the movie. Such a boy thing...not being able to admit they liked it in from of the other guys! lol

My husband really liked it and it was better than I thought it would be (I was expecting a disaster)...it was ok in my book. I think young boys would probably love it though- like Scuba said, it is action-packed...plus it has a kind of scary robotic alien thing that boys will think is pretty cool.

Scuba- I didn't hear the Natty Gann reference...when did it happen and what did they say? I loved that movie!

at the beginning.......the news reporter in the streets reporting about the "accident" that had the road closed........the reporter was the chick who played natty gann........she said "this is natalie gann, signing off" or something like that

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When the astrophysicist is giving her speech about "real science," and all she's got in the audience are a handful of "nerds" who want to talk about their own UFO abductions...sure it was funny but it was also an insult. Most SF convention attendees know as much science as the average scientist....

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't got a chance to watch it. I have been intrigued by the trailer I saw a month ago about the brother who where indeed aliens. How's the movie? Is it really worth the watch? Honestly I want to see it because of The Rock:)