"Surreal Life"

Jem

"Surreal Life" Taps into Evil

By Sarah Hall

040318_omarosa_vsmall2p.vsmall.jpg

In what sounds like the makings of a real-life celebrity (make that pseudo-celebrity) deathmatch, VH1 has corraled two of reality television's most notorious villains to move in together and have their lives taped for the fifth season of The Surreal Life.

Apprentice reject Omarosa and America's Next Top Model judge Janice Dickinson are two of the latest struggling sort-of stars to sign on for the Real World-ish reality series, which tosses together semi-famous types in an unlikely living situation and keeps the camera rolling to capture the ensuing drama.

Both women are veterans of the reality genre. Dickinson, who bills herself as the "world's first supermodel," is currently in the process of shattering the dreams of the latest crew of model wannabes on the fourth season of Next Top Model.

Omarosa, who signs herself "Lady O" in missives on her official Website, appeared in both the first season of The Apprentice and a recent episode of Fear Factor. We're predicting that the dueling drama queens will get the fur flying early on in the season.

Meanwhile, other castmates sharing living space with Omarosa and Dickinson include former slugger Jos Canseco, who's been in the headlines recently for his controversial memoir, Juiced, about steroid use in Major League Baseball. Adding to the show's jock factor is motocross madman Carey Hart, known to extreme sports fans for his death-defying stunts.

Sandi Denton, aka Pepa of Grammy-winning hip-hop group Salt-n-Pepa, will be the show's token musical type, while British model Caprice will provide eye-candy. Finally, rounding out the group is Bronson Pinchot, best known as the lovable Balki Bartokomous from '80s sitcom Perfect Strangers.

The show is set to premiere on VH1 on Sept. 4. Past Surreal Life participants have included Charo, Verne Troyer, Erik Estrada and Corey Feldman. Omarosa and the gang aren't the only low level celebs gunning for exposure via the reality route on VH1--the network is also at work developing new series spotlighting the lives of Hulk Hogan and Danny Bonaduce.

According to the network, Hogan Knows Best will take viewers inside the former wrestler's family life in suburban Florida, where he is raising two teenagers with his wife, Linda. Being Bonaduce will focus on the relationship between the Partridge Family alum and his wife, Gretchen, who met and married seven hours into their first date and have been together for 15 years.

A third new series, Strip Search, is designed as a talent contest of sorts--one that scours the country for hunky male dancers who are willing to leave their pedestrian lives behind for a scantily-clad shot at fame on the Vegas strip.

All three new series are scheduled to debut this summer.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna watch just to see Janice Dickinson go at it with eachother..Janice is gonna rip Omarosa apart and put her in her place!!!
That in MHO needs to be done! She is really nasty!

I'm gonna watch just to see Janice Dickinson go at it with eachother..Janice is gonna rip Omarosa apart and put her in her place!!!
That in MHO needs to be done! She is really nasty!

Amen. There may be blood dripping from the walls before this one is over, though. "Lady O", please. The ratings will probably be the highest yet.

And I love Bronson Pinchot. Wish they would run Perfect Strangers again, I loved that show. His character Balki, was just classic.

ranster, I was absolutely amazed watching Tammy Faye. What a different person she was from the way the media portrayed her all those years, or maybe she was like that then. All people have the opportunity to change and grow, if they choose. I really changed my mind about many thoughts I had of her and truly want to believe she is the person I saw on that show at the present time.

Guest ranster627

yup, makes me wonder about Media caricatures (sp?) ... I will see her differently from now on too ...

as for Lady O ... LOL ... I happen to have a friend, "in the real world" who is exactly like her ... maybe that we will see a different side of her too ----

DON'T SHOOT PLEASE --- was just thinking out loud! :wink:

Guest XandraSkye

The first 'Surreal Life' changed my opinion of Jerri Mathey from Survivor: Outback. She was so much nicer and likeable on that show than she was on either Survivor she was on. And I totally understand it. I am a very laid back and easy going person. Very easy to get along with. The only thing that makes me cranky is lack of food. So, I'm sure I would seem like a major beotch too.

The Surreal Life also made me like Ron Jeremy. What a nice guy. I thought he was a riot and very down to earth. I liked him so much that I went out and rented of his "movies". :oops::lol:

yup, makes me wonder about Media caricatures (sp?) ... I will see her differently from now on too ...

as for Lady O ... LOL ... I happen to have a friend, "in the real world" who is exactly like her ... maybe that we will see a different side of her too ----

DON'T SHOOT PLEASE --- was just thinking out loud!  :wink:

I wouldn't shoot, promise! Not only have I been reading your posts for a while, but I have also checked out your web site and have decided that you're someone on this board I would choose to sit down with among about 5 others here and have a pretty darned intelligent conversation, and I've been member here for a bit (not that it matters that much or that I'm any more important than any one else at all). I simply happen to appreciate your posts and point of view on mosts topics.

You are absolutely right, we very well may see a different side as we did Tammy Faye. I simply happen to think that Omarosa has an overblown opinion of herself and I haven't quite gotten over the misleading statement that she made concerning her White House employment. I hope we do see a different side, but I'm not holding my breath. And Janice Dickerson can be like a pit bull, so.........

Guest ranster627

I have tracked you as well tymorty ... (yikes sounds like stalking) ... from the old Board days ... and I enjoy your posts ... thanks for the kind words!

Back to Lady O: Ya, I agree ... as of right now I have some issues with her too ... I hope she is capable of opening up and being real ...

I am surprised she agreed to do this show at all as one can argue that there is real risk ... remember "Arnold's" appearance? (forgot the actors name) ... turned me right off of him!

Guest XandraSkye
I am surprised she agreed to do this show at all as one can argue that there is real risk ... remember "Arnold's" appearance? (forgot the actors name) ... turned me right off of him!

Some people will do whatever they have to do to stretch out those 15 minutes of fame.

And I agree with you about Gary Coleman (Arnold), he turned out to be exactly what I thought he'd be, a regular PITA.

Interesting or not so interesting..... I was watching Soaptalk and host Lisa Rinna mentioned she got a call from VH1 asking her to do Surreal Life.

Lisa was very upset by the call mostly because she didn't know that she was considered a has been.

Has been or not... I really like this show!

Guest XandraSkye
Lisa was very upset by the call mostly because she didn't know that she was considered a has been.

:rofl Poor thing.

• 2 weeks later...

VH1's "The Surreal Life" Wraps With Tensions

andydick2fz.th.jpg

ANDY Dick was such a jerk during a guest appearance on VH1's "The Surreal Life" that "producers and security had to wrestle him to the ground in order to throw him off the set," said an insider. "Andy was completely out of control."

The show's fifth season, which just wrapped, starred Jose Canseco, Sandi "Pepa" Denton, Bronson Pinchot, London model Caprice Bourret, and two other women who didn't get along at all

VH1's "The Surreal Life" Wraps With Tensions

andydick2fz.th.jpg

ANDY Dick was such a jerk during a guest appearance on VH1's "The Surreal Life" that "producers and security had to wrestle him to the ground in order to throw him off the set," said an insider. "Andy was completely out of control."

The show's fifth season, which just wrapped, starred Jose Canseco, Sandi "Pepa" Denton, Bronson Pinchot, London model Caprice Bourret, and two other women who didn't get along at all

Guest GaYToR
He's a loser and he'll make-out with anyone willing or drunk enough to.

MrsP would you please clarify that. Are you talking about Andy Dick or KingOfRealityTV or ME. Sounds like a generic description of almost any man.

If it was me, to quote Eeyore, "Thaaaannnnnks for noticing me." :rofl

• 1 month later...
Guest ranster627

Hopefully soon ... I just watched the last supper with mini-me, peter brady, and Chynna ... so I think the Omarosa one will be soon ...