Episode 3.24: I Am Sylar

Dade

There are no spoilers at this time, please check back later.

• 4 weeks later...

Courtesy of: SPOILERFIX

Episode 3.24: I Am Sylar

Airdate: April 20, 2009

• 04/05 - Sylar continues his unusual partnership and begins to have an unexpected identity crisis. Hiro and Ando take measures toward bringing down Building 26. Meanwhile, Matt's new found fatherhood changes his priorities. Elsewhere, Nathan sets a plan in motion to right the wrongs of his government operation. Jack Coleman, Hayden Panettiere, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Cristine Rose and Milo Ventimiglia also star. Lisa Lackey and Ellen Greene also guest star. Source: NBC

• 2 weeks later...

Another episode that I had high hopes for that fell a bit flat at the end. This show is really becoming an enigma for me. Part of the episode showed promise, showing a conflicted Sylar morphing into Mommie Dearest (nice touch) but then they throw in Ando & Hiro's "not so excellent adventure" and Matt's boring reunion with his ex, leaving the viewer confused as to where they are actually going with this latest storyline. I, for one, wish they'd move past the capture, escape, capture, blah, blah. It has become so tedious. I did think the ending was interesting and wonder how Sylar was able to heal himself from the knife to the back of the head though.

I'm still hangin' in there with you on Heroes Kayo. I've been able to keep up with watching the epi's, but struggling with what to say about them. I still can't tear myself away from this show. I just hope it's not going to end for awhile. I still have so many questions :animated_scratchchin:

:animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl::animated_rotfl:

• 2 weeks later...

Courtesy of: TV GUIDE, TV SHOW RECAPS

Heroes Episode Recap: "I Am Sylar"

Apr 21, 2009 08:48 AM ET by Adam Bryant

Ah, self-discovery. This episode of Heroes finds several characters pondering who they are and what their next move should be. Sylar shape-shifts himself into a ball of emotional mess which he longer identifies with, Hiro finally accepts that two heads are better than one on his path of heroic destiny, and Parkman decides being a part of his son's life is about more than changing diapers. Plus, Nathan tries his best to stop the program he initiated and Sylar does his best Norman Bates! Huh, you ask? Read on for the details.

Two of a kind

After delivering baby Matt Parkman to his father, Hiro and Ando plead with Parkman Sr. to take them to Building 26 to take down Danko and his men. But Parkman's priorities have changed, and his "game changer" baby boy makes him realize he doesn't need two dead heroes on his conscience. So, Hiro and Ando (henceforth to be known as Crimson Arc) set out on their own to find Building 26. Unfortunately for the "dangerous but ladylike" Crimson Arc, Hiro still wants to use Ando as bait. They have the same argument they've had about 100 times this season, ultimately ending with Ando comparing Hiro to Superman...because he's a fascist. Ouch.

Ando gets a slight upper hand, however, when Danko's men storm in, forcing Hiro to freeze time. But because Hiro was touching Ando when he stopped the action around him, Ando is free to move and manipulate time as well. Hiro plays along like he's happy, but ultimately, sets things in motion long enough to have the tranquilizers take Ando down. Hiro has his bait, and after outfitting himself as one of Danko's men, he thinks he has his way back to Building 26. (Having a little heart, Hiro turns Ando's dope machine off, instructing him to play possum until they get inside.) Too bad that Hiro forgot that the guy he was pretending to be doesn't wear glasses. When they become suspicious, Ando has to take action, unleashing the Crimson Arc's justice on all Danko's men to keep them from Tasing his pal.

With that, Hiro decides he and Ando should indeed be partners. They take the GPS off one of the incapacitated agents, and find their way to Building 26, but just as Hiro gets set to stop time and scope out the scene he is stricken with a terrible headache and a nosebleed. (Shades of Lost, anyone?) How will Crimson Arc solve this one?

Father knows best

Parkman heads back west to return his son to his ex-wife, Janice. Once there, he senses Danko's agents nearby, and Janice makes a plan to head off to a lake house with the baby. And before she even knows what she's done, she invites Matt, which he is thrilled by. But as they ready to leave, Parkman sees his old police badge and has a change of heart. He tells Janice that he must go back and stop Building 26, or else they will never have a life together. He isn't sure what their life is, but he wants to fight for the chance to find out again. Of course, he has to keep the handful agents who've surrounded them in the house at bay first. For now, he has them under mind control, so stay tuned.

A boy's best friend is his mother

Yes, all the other action of tonight's episode was all just a mild diversion from the Sylar show. (The episode was named for him, after all.) We learn through the episode just how (and why) Sylar came to be impersonating Nathan on national TV, and it all starts with a case of shape-shifter identity crisis. While living as Agent Taub, Sylar finds himself unable to control the restructuring of DNA that makes his shifting possible. Side effects include extra teeth, an errant blue eye and apparently a penchant for self-mutilation (at least for the sake of this episode's title screen). Sylar gives his sob story to Danko, who could care less. Danko also warns Sylar that if he can't continue to live as Agent Taub, he will hunt him down like the rest. Luckily, Danko