Episode 7

Guest conniejoe

Guest conniejoe

episode 7 web teaser

Tuesday, April 5, 9PM ET/PT

TITLE: Houston, We Have an Elephant!

1. The strain of the Race takes its toll on one Team when one Racer reacts angrily to an unattractive side of her teammate.

Per promo's, I believe it's Kelly referencing Ron.

2. One Team member hastily chooses to do a Roadblock that involves driving a stick shift through the African bush, and he has only driven a stick once before. Will he be able to complete the task?

Not sure who this is.

3. Teams drive for miles across the African bush over rough and muddy roads. They encounter giraffes, elephants, zebras and hippos roaming freely all around them, causing everyone a little trepidation, but great excitement over their experience of wild Africa.

Not a clue but, rather, a statement. Gee, thanks CBS, for nothing.

Guest cappy

1. The strain of the Race takes its toll on one Team when one Racer reacts angrily to an unattractive side of her teammate.

Per promo's' date=' I believe it's Kelly referencing Ron.

It is Kelly angry at Ron.

2. One Team member hastily chooses to do a Roadblock that involves driving a stick shift through the African bush, and he has only driven a stick once before. Will he be able to complete the task?

Not sure who this is.

At first, one would think that if Ray/Deana were in it, it would be Ray as he had Deana driving. Im thinking Rob because if you remember, he had car troubles the very first leg.

3. Teams drive for miles across the African bush over rough and muddy roads. They encounter giraffes, elephants, zebras and hippos roaming freely all around them, causing everyone a little trepidation, but great excitement over their experience of wild Africa.

Not a clue but, rather, a statement. Gee, thanks CBS, for nothing.

It is a clue as to where they are headed. Im saying that they could be somewhere in central or northern Africa.

Guest bobflow

I agree Ron/kelly

I would guess its the Boys

All teams involved :)

Guest bobflow

Some more information for the up-coming 04/05/05 leg-7. :)

Lynn and Alex are troubled by a flat tire. :(

Some major problems surface between Ron and Kelly. :cry:

Wedensday 04/06/05 Special on previous episodes

Guest bobflow

Hey Nebartist I hope one of them know how to change a tire,don't think they can call Triple A :lol:

Lynn and Alex are troubled by a flat tire

I hope Rob and Amber pass them pointing and laughing!! :twisted:

what kind of crap is that? they should have made them change the tire!!! With all the sweat from the stress surely they could have attracted some lions!! Now that would have been good TV!!

This was a great episode..a real nail biter. And I LOVED seeing all the animals how cool would that have been?

Lynn and Alex were smart for putting on more clothes (I will give them that) but what a couple of hypocrites!! They complain when Romber manipulate the rules to further their game (food comp) but it is okay for them to do it? :roll:

And what was it with them calling the old couple stupid? What a compassionet team

Guest XandraSkye
This was a great episode..a real nail biter. And I LOVED seeing all the animals how cool would that have been?

Lynn and Alex were smart for putting on more clothes (I will give them that) but what a couple of hypocrites!! They complain when Romber manipulate the rules to further their game (food comp) but it is okay for them to do it?  :roll: 

And what was it with them calling the old couple stupid? What a compassionet team

Last night was a GREAT episode. A lot of nail bitting moments with both Uchenna & Joyce and Meredith & Gretchen having to go back.

I know, and the people who like Lynn & Alex (I don't dislike them, they are very entertaining) think everything they say is "ok" and justified but when Rob says something almost like it then he's the biggest jerk on the planet. I guess it all depends on what side of that fence you are on.

Personally, I don't think either team is awful. It's a competition and sometimes in a competition the claws, or catty comments, come out. It's too be expected. At least I understand that and don't judge anyone.

I loved how Brian and Greg came in their swim gear. I was sooo hoping it was a non-elimination round and they would have to continue on like that. NOW, that would of been entertaining. I'll miss those guys. I liked them.

GO ROMBER!

Guest Anonymous

The brothers really impressed me with their outfits at the end. The swimsuits with the winter hats and scarve and sunglasses -- Phil looked like he was just going to completely crack up. They went out with a real sparkle. Kudos to them.

I found the brothers stupidity astounding. First they wasted time by climbing up that tower..nice move :wink:

Who knows.. if they hadn't have taken all of that time to get "done up" they may have had a chance to beat Meredith & Gretchen to the finish line.

Guest XandraSkye
Who knows.. if they hadn't have taken all of that time to get "done up"  they may have had a chance to beat Meredith & Gretchen to the finish line. 

That is very true. We said the same thing. Maybe they were further behind than the editing made it appear? Either way, it was wasted time.

Guest Anonymous

I got that impression too -- but I think they just wanted to go out with a hoot. They did do that!

I did catch that comment from Lynn, I was quite surprised. You would think with them being who they are that they would be smarter than to make a coment like that, but I guess they aren't that smart! :twisted:

Yeah, I caught that comment too, just as they were deciding to give up on the BALANCING task and switch to the MILKING one.Some may think it is a racist comment (and maybe in this case it is?), but it's possible the same comment would have been made if it had been a caucasian team, if they were doing as well - meaning it could have been a comment more about their skill than their skin.
    My favourite quote of this thread (for it's positive attitude and open-mindedness):

as soon as A&L blurted that remark i knew it would be topic of discussion.....If it had been a task where you had to put on wigs and heels then perform a show, and L&A did a bang up job, and some other team made a comment like : 'they were born to do that' there would only be hysterical laughter from all...plus U himself even said it was their roots!...my goodness i guess it was in their blood , no one else could do it.....says enuff for me!

Guest Anonymous
Some may think it is a racist comment (and maybe in this case it is?), but it's possible the same comment would have been made if it had been a caucasian team, if they were doing as well - meaning it could have been a comment more about their skill than their skin.

I was wondering about that comment too. I wasn't impressed with it, but I was wondering if it was merely that there was only one team who even managed the balancing challenge (It did look really tough!) and they were complimenting versus putting it racistly. I have the feeling these two are somewhat misunderstood -- choosing the wrong words that are quickly misinterpretted. They don't strike me as the racist types. Hopefully that's true because I haven't liked a few of their comments either. I just prefer to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Guest XandraSkye

Here's what TVGuide.com had to say about last night's episode. I love the 'Watercooler' section of that site.

The Amazing Race

That was hilarious. I loved the totally opposite ways Lynn and Alex and Brian and Greg prepared for the possibility of having to give up their backpacks. The brothers stripped down to their bathing suits and donned winter hats; Alex put on extra layers of clothing for backup. (Did that remind anyone else of that Friends episode where Joey put on almost all of Chandler's wardrobe and kept doing commando-style lunges?). I'm not sure, but I think Phil actually had two discernible facial expressions when he witnessed the ingenuity of each team. Can you just imagine if Brian and Greg hadn't been eliminated and they were forced to go forward dressed like that? That would've been one awkward flight out of Africa.

It seems like this installment was all about sightseeing and mishaps. For every cool animal the teams saw (elephants, giraffes and zebras, oh my) something screwy happened or someone screwed up. When Meredith and Gretchen and Uchenna and Joyce all had to go back to finish the last task, my heart sank. Getting eliminated for such a random oversight would've really sucked. And man, Lynn and Alex were amazingly calm considering they had to get two replacement vehicles. (Personally, I would've lost it.) After getting their third car, Lynn wisecracked, "Let's see if we can destroy this one." Luckily, they didn't.

Ron and Kelly took a wrong turn into Bickering City on this leg. Assuming that the footage and editing were accurate, I'm not sure how in the world Kelly could've thought Ron said "Shut the f--- up" when he actually said, "Kelly... chill a minute." What?! They don't sound anything alike in terms of syllables and cadence, so who knows what happened there. (Yes, he said "Shut up" earlier, but that didn't seem to be what she was reacting to.) Of course it got much worse when she responded with "You're a piece-of-trash redneck," which is a lot harder to take back. It sure makes you wonder how often people misunderstand each other without the benefit of a camera crew to clarify what actually happened.

Spooky if Lynex wore a white sheets would you still think they are not racists? I swear!!  :roll: 

I probably wouldn't think their comment last night was racist but given the way they were talking last week it makes one wonder

Racist or ignorant ... no excuse for either IMHO!

Totally agree. I think some people look the other way because they are the "catty gay couple" Isn't that what gay men are suppose to be like? Catty? :roll:

Guest Anonymous

Their comments have been outright wrong --so please don't assume that I think otherwise. If it is wrong to give people the benefit of the doubt...... then okay yes, they should be hung out and fed to the vultures. I have no tolerance for racism, sexism or any other ism including age-ism, nationalism. But I do prefer to think that they have some intellegence and know better than to show their bigotry publicly. I would rather think that they are not speaking out their meanings clearly and are not racist. It gives me that tiny ounce of belief in the human species that we're not as messed up as it usually appears.

I think I've said it at least a dozen times that their comments have not been acceptable.

Perhaps I'm a little naive when it comes to it -- racism shocks the *# out of me. I just don't get it.

Is that what you wanted?

Guest ranster627

Well Spooky, I for one was not directing my comments at you ... I can and do ONLY reflect my opinion and thoughts ...

And I hold all of the teams and myself up to the same standards ...

I have to work hard at overcoming my bigotry to able-bodied heterosexuals! :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Believe me Ranster, if I knew these two -- and saw that they are indeed racist, through ignorance or not, I would be raving. I've had my share of sexism, age-ism and all the other bigotries that people use to coin us all into our separate boxes and tell us that we are no good.

But the rule that tells me that we're all equal also tells me that we're all essentially good and yes, I have to be pretty convinced to say anyone is an exception to that. I would bet a few bucks that they know what bigotry feels like too.

So I'm sorry, I'm not convinced they are racist. Nor am I convinced that Rob is age-ist.