Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani

Melissa.jpg

Melissa Rycroft

PROFESSION:

Bachelor star

PARTNER:

Tony Dovolani

BACKGROUND:

Melissa "waltzed" her way into America's hearts after being betrayed by bachelor Jason Mesnick on the most shocking and talked about season finale ever of ABC's The Bachelor. With an outpouring of support and affection from viewers across America, a dignified Melissa has personified the courage to move on. Her journey continues as a participant on season eight of Dancing with the Stars, valiantly stepping in with less than a week to train when two celebrities were forced to withdraw due to injuries. She teams with Tony Dovolani, who returns for his seventh season.

NOTE: Melissa Rycroft stepped in for TV host and anchor Nancy O'Dell, who was diagnosed with a torn meniscus while training and had to withdraw from the competition.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, I thought she did very well too. I of course didn't notice the toe/heel thing the judges were talking about, but I'll take their word for it. Past dance experience or not, it takes a lot to learn a routine in that short of time. Good job.

i caught bits and piece of her dance

but whats up with the stupid dropped jaw when ever the camera panned to her

i have no doubt she will win because the many jilted bachelor fans

shockalot : will finger banged the vote so she win

:lipsrsealed2:

In DWTS I try (I said try) to focus more on the dancing an not weather I think they are deserving of being on the show. I just really enjoy watching good dancers and hate when they put these people on that can't even dance.

I thought she did very well last night. She was very graceful and it was really nice of her to step in at the last minute.

Ballroom dancing is a long ways from cheerleading dancing, so we'll see how she continues to do.

i have no doubt she will win because the many jilted bachelor fans

shockalot : will finger banged the vote so she win

:lipsrsealed2:

this will be my comment about her the entire season

i think i am going to bow out on this season and call it quits

just remember when mel wins you heard it here first

UVP ... it's early ... and there's about 4 that will probably pass the high marks back and forth.

I'll be watching ... it's WAAAAY more entertaining than watching a bunch of gals try to hook up with a rich

good looking guy as cameras roll while they try to act natural :rolleyes:

yep... and Melissa is one of the 4

I can't believe some people are getting snotty, saying she's not a 'star', and doesn't deserve to be there. I think they use the term 'star' pretty loosely, and as long as someone has been in the media spotlight, for whatever reason, they're qualified.

In fact, most of the time, I haven't heard of most of the 'stars' anyway.

But to call her names, and be rude, because this is the 3rd reality show she's been on, I feel is silly. Who cares.... I would rather someone be famous for being on lots of reality tv, than these has-been celebs, or child stars, pimping themselves out on any reality show they can find. To me, that is just kind of sad... like they can't accept that they're not such a big deal anymore. But with Melissa, it seems more like she's just making the most out of her situation. Opportunity knocked and she answered.

I feel the same. Why on earth not? Carpe diem. And the talk about how she shouldn't be on because of her dancing lessons when she was young, or her Dallas Cowboys experience .... good grief, it's a little too late to be calling foul on that since there have been several with some dance experience.

I totally agree. Perhaps if they had planned on having Melissa on the show from the beginning, people could have been calling her a "ringer" because she used to be a cheerleader and OMG... she took ballet lessons as a little girl?? The fact is that they had a drop out and had to fill it at the last minute with only two days till the show aired. Who was in the media? Melissa. So they asked, she accepted. Many of the celebs in the past seasons have had a lot of dancing in their past and they were accepted. Ballroom dancing is totally different from having pom poms and running out to do some line dancing. Granted, it means she is in pretty good shape, but then so is Shawn Johnson. I guarantee you Shawn Johnson had to take years of dance as well. So did Kristi Yamaguchi. My daughter was in gymnastics from the time she was 4 years old till she was 10 years old. She was right at the beginning of the competitive stage and suffered an injury, but I can tell you that the ones who expected to make it in the business took dance lessons.

So I say they should leave Melissa alone and just enjoy the dancing.