Megan Joy...Eliminated 4/2

Dade

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

one trick pony'

but simon loves her so she should be around awhile with the swing set movements

She's a cutie, for sure. But she can't sing worth a hoot. At first I thought okay she's different, and not bad. But last night put her in the just terrible category. I am hoping she is the first to go away. But she probably won't be - whatdoya bet VFTW adopts her as their new poster child.

Been talking to yourself again?? :animated_rotfl: But seriously, 123, you probably don't need to worry. Vote For The Worst will keep Megan around for awhile, I'm sure.

Actually, once again your wrong...

On VFTW, they told their members to vote for you wanted it to be, and the results are

1) Adam 11%

2)Scott 10%

3)Anoop 10%

4)Jorge 10%

5)Micheal 9%

6)Allison 9%

7)Megan 9%

8)Jasmine 7%

9)Kris 7%

10)Alexis 6%

11)matt 6%

12) Danny 3%

13)Lil 3%

So actually Megan is on the top half of the group.

It's ok 123. You can root for whoever you like. I have noticed that a pretty girl always seems to top your favorite list(s).

I will say her voice has a different quality but her stage presence sucks. Sometimes just being pretty won't carry one through.

We'll see how she fares as the competition advances.

wow funny poll in another poll here they have adam in the lead with fan favs

http://www.tv.com/americanidol/

its funny adam has backing from all sides

so adam easily top 3

I will say her voice has a different quality but her stage presence sucks. Sometimes just being pretty won't carry one through.

Ha, I agree, her stage presence is HORRIBLE... But Im going on by voice alone.. Plus she is cute...

I would think that the people behind the scence would help her become more relaxed on stage.... she needs alot of help...

My fav. is still Lil though..

EDIT:

That is funny with that poll...

TOP 3

1)Adam

2)Kris

3) Megan

With Adam, its either you love, or hate him I guess.. (I dont love him)

And Megan seems to be well like everywhere except the boards...

that surprises me that Adam is at top of list for VFTW...

He is my least favorite...I really just don't like his style...but even I must admit that he has talent and is not anywhere near the worst.

As of yet, I don't really see a clear cut choice for the worst ...no Sanjaya. Right now I think it's probably Megan or Scott. They are not horrible...but vocally neither has impressed me...and neither has any real stage presence either...especially Megan with her spastic dance moves.

I know..

I hate how she sways... she needs to work on.. I hate how that is how she will be remembered for a couple of weeks... Just grab the microphone, and walk around... that would be 100x better then what she has been doing...

But vocally, she is different.. And I like that.

I was at my in-laws house tonight. We were discussing AI and Megan came up. They hate her swaying thing too, but the younguns liked Megan. They don't like her tattoos, but they thought she sang well.

My only consolation in this is that they also liked Sanjaya, and half of them are quite literally tone deaf.

I didn't compare her to Sanjaya. I simply said that the girls in the family that liked Megan's voice were also fans of Sanjaya. Thats it. And its totally true.

Little Brooke (my niece) who is twelve years old just adored Sanjaya and Megan appears to be one of her favorites this time.

I think it really just depends on what kind of performer you like.

For me... I like those who can really sing and make me say.... Oh wow! What a voice! I care little about the looks of the person, though I do think that performers should at least TRY to look decent when they are on stage.

When I listen to artists like Kelly Clarkson, Pink, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry, Celine Dion, or even Clay Aiken... It matters little what their genre is... can they sing? If the answer to that is yes, okay whatever. If it is HELL YES!! Then I'm feeling better about buying their album. If they also have the ability to entertain me, or even write their own songs in conjunction with the aforementioned singing ability, I then become a FAN.

So to me, Megan, while really cute... does not have the kind of "VOICE" that I like, nor have I seen evidence that she writes her own music, or does any entertaining beyond swinging her arms. If she were to try to sell me a hair product, I might buy it because she has lovely hair. But so far, she seems to me like she would put out an album that might have one catchy jingle that someone else wrote. So I might download the single if it was catchy enough, but I would not likely buy her album nor would I go to a concert for her.

Ashlee Simpson had a tune or two that was catchy, but when it came to singing in public.. eh. Bleh. I don't want to hear a recording that was digitally mastered. I want to hear a master performer that I could record.

Maybe Megan will change my mind... I don't know. But I do know that right now, especially compared to some of the other performers in this group, she just is not doing it for me.

i keep hearing the judges saying she is different

only thing different about her is the tattoos in my eyes

vocally no different from some of years past

i dont find her cute her cheek bone is protruding same with jasmine and that forehead which is out there

just my rant about the comp which should be about singing and not looks

123, you're not the ONLY fan!!! :D

I absolutely adore Megan. I like everything about her. That lil' wiggle she does while performing, her unique voice and she's very pretty. I think she would make a great recording artist. Hope she does well. (Unfortunately everyone else in my house thinks I'm bonkers for thinking she has any talent. :lol: )