• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i like a lot in hollywood week

but his issue will be song choice

i say top 8 or better

Home town boy!!!! YEAHHHHHHHH.

WTG Matt. Good luck!!!!!

I like him. He has talent and soul...but doesn't seem to be too popular. I think he'll get eliminated midway...but will get noticed by record execs and have a successful music/recording career.

If he can make the right song choices, or the correct arrangements to suit his style, I think this guy can make a run at it! I'm not sure he'll command as much attention as his talent warrants however. He seems to come across as a little meh personality wise. :animated_scratchchin:

It all depends on how he does. Honestly, there is a great deal of talent this year where one person could gather a significant following. I suspect that the girls will make it longer in the competition because there is less competition there than the guys who might choose the same types of songs.

best of night by a mile

he was one of the best tonight...I'm just not sure if his talent is enough to keep him in the competition for the duration. His lack of personality and style might get him overlooked.

It was better than most of them tonight, imo. I liked his performance last week much better though.

woohoo i finally got in my first time getting in i voted for matt

I do like this kid, and I thought he did well tonight. But everything I've seen from him, from Hollywood on, made me feel he's tried to model himself after Justin Timberlake. I hope that he sticks around AI long enough to find his own style, to expand his approach and go out on a limb a little. I just don't think he's really IDOL material. I just don't see him selling millions of records singing as he does now.

I actually hope the show helps him to change his style because I like the kid.

I do like this kid, and I thought he did well tonight. But everything I've seen from him, from Hollywood on, made me feel he's tried to model himself after Justin Timberlake. I hope that he sticks around AI long enough to find his own style, to expand his approach and go out on a limb a little. I just don't think he's really IDOL material. I just don't see him selling millions of records singing as he does now.

I actually hope the show helps him to change his style because I like the kid.

I did get a JT vibe from him tonight...first time though. Hope it's the last.

He reminds me a little bit of Elliott Yamin, only with better teeth. :giggle: Consistency will be the key to him making it far in the competition and increasing his fanbase.