American Idol Wild Card Round Discussion

kayo

LOOK WHO'S IN LOS ANGELES!

Here

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So the judges pick who goes to the wildcard round, right? Do we know how many, and do we know for certain if after performing, do WE vote for the top three or do the judges just pick???

From what I've read/heard....each judge can bring back 2 to perform in wild card round....so that would mean 8 come back. I saw somewhere that there might be a 9th...but don't know if that was just speculation or not. I don't think the public votes for the 3 that get to join the 9 that public picked...I think it's judges choice. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

No surprise at all that Ricky, Anoop and Matt G. would be selected to come back for wild card....but I wouldn't think the judges would make their final/official selections until after we see who goes through/gets cut tonight.

So the judges pick who goes to the wildcard round, right? Do we know how many, and do we know for certain if after performing, do WE vote for the top three or do the judges just pick???

Yes, the judges pick who will be in the wildcard round- announced tonight. As to whether we get to vote on the wildcard round or the judges do the selecting of the winners of the round, I'm not 100% on this, but most AI boards are saying that it's the judges. This might fit, since the top 12 rounds begin next week and I don't think they have an extra results show scheduled for the wildcard round. If that's the case, I'm guessing the judges would make the final selections on the same night, right after hearing the wildcard contestants perform.

As far as the photo above-that is just speculation at this point. It's possible that they kept all the contestants in Hollywood (or brought them back each week) for each of the group performances.

the contestant better pick the right song

because if i hear the judges say one more time about not picking the eight song

this wildcard rd will be very controversial since the public have no say whats so ever

i think at least 2 of three will be girls to balance out the field of 12

I looked at the listing for tomorrow nights show and it indicates the judges make the selection of the final three. Maybe they'll get in a big old fight over it. I hope they don't try to "even it up" as far as guys and girls. Please just pick the most talented (and yes, that will mean more guys than girls - JMHO of course!!)

The wildcard picks are.....Von Smith (phooey); Jasmine Murray; Ricky Braddy; Megan (123 is jumping up and down) Corkrey

More after the stupid break!!

ETA -- PICK ANOOP, DAMNIT!!!!

I don't care for the guy/girl/guy/girl format so far, but I'm not surprised that they are trying to keep it "even". I don't agree with it, but I am not surprised.

And the final four for the wildcard are......OH FUDDDDGGGE -- Tatiana for craps sake (oh stop bawling you stupid drama queen); Matt Giraud (good choice); (still waiting for Anoop); Jesse Lanseth; and last but not least (come on Anoop).....ANOOOOOOOOP DOG!!!!

But I'm a little bummed that Ju'Not didn't make it - stupid girls they picked instead of more talented guys. Blech.

jesse langseth first shocker of those in wildcard

everyone knew they would bring ms drama back tatiana

jesse langseth first shocker of those in wildcard

everyone knew they would bring ms drama back tatiana

I know - but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Nope, I don't like it one bit.

ETA-and here's another interesting thought -- there are already six guys in the top 12. They had better NOT pick three girls to even it up. I don't see how they could given the field they have.

I know - but it doesn't mean I have to like it. Nope, I don't like it one bit.

ETA-and here's another interesting thought -- there are already six guys in the top 12. They had better NOT pick three girls to even it up. I don't see how they could given the field they have.

i think 2/3 spots will be girls

I suspect you are right, UVP, and that stinks because I would like to see both Anoop and Matt make it, and one of them probably won't. :censored:

And yeah, Pokey, it stinks that Tatiana made it to this round, and I would not be surprised if they put her through! :furious3::furious::fyou:

Oh and Ricky - high liklihood he will get hosed too, because they think they need to pick more girls.

I suspect you are right, UVP, and that stinks because I would like to see both Anoop and Matt make it, and one of them probably won't. :censored:

And yeah, Pokey, it stinks that Tatiana made it to this round, and I would not be surprised if they put her through! :furious3::furious::fyou:

Oh and Ricky - high liklihood he will get hosed too, because they think they need to pick more girls.

I was cooking in the kitchen so I was only listening to the WC but I almost fell out when I heard Tatianna's name called - WTF??? It isn't worth all the drama. Someone needs to tell that girl to get a grip. How can they justify sending this cow thru? And yes, I called her a cow. :cookoo:

I'm glad the red headed girl made it tho - she was one of my silent favs and Anoop too, of course. Not sure about Von, Ricky or Matt yet. I'm having a moment here and can't remember the girl's name that sang last night with the dark hair. She was great but I don't think she made it. That was dissappointing to say the least. She deserved to be there and the little blonde who sang country was good imo (but I like country music also).

Love Lil Rounds, she's great - very captivating presense on stage. :clap:

Tatiana actually seems like she's got a pretty good voice...... BUT it's really hard to get past all the theatrics.

There's way TOO many other good singers around for anyone to have to put up with her spoiled / over the top personality.

I think you might mean Felicia (dark haired girl from last night). She is definitely better than some that they put in the wild card round.

Yeah, that's her. I thought she was very good. If you deduct for all of Tatianna's fake accolades and BS, she's starting at a zero. Felicia should have been given a WC spot.

Would have preferred Ju'Not go thru rather than Jasmine also. I didn't care for her much either. She's no Lil, that's for sure.

How many of these 9 will be going thru? I must have missed that.

i bet next year they go back to old format because this one and done crap stinks

group three idols got a raw deal

only one from their group ask back to wild card rd von smith

Yeah, that's her. I thought she was very good. If you deduct for all of Tatianna's fake accolades and BS, she's starting at a zero. Felicia should have been given a WC spot.

Would have preferred Ju'Not go thru rather than Jasmine also. I didn't care for her much either. She's no Lil, that's for sure.

How many of these 9 will be going thru? I must have missed that.

Just three. Apparently they all sing, then the judges pick the three.

Pokey, I like your new outfit!!