Adam Lambert

Dade

Best VPN Service (English Banners)
  • Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no question how gifted he is and has no qualms about expressing his sexuality. I like him and thought he got robbed on American Idol. He's an interesting entertainer who can be flamboyant or subdued to fit the moment. His performance was fantastic, but still a little over the edge. As I sat there, I thought of my 16 year old niece sitting at home watching some of her favorite performers and "stepping away" from the memory of a brutal sexual assault that took place less-than-a-week ago. The crotch scene probably ended her "escape" and pulled the flashbacks to the forefront of her mind. I know, I know, Adam Lambert isn't responsible for what happened to her, but I think that particular part of his act was not in good taste. Enough said.

I think it was WAY over the edge. ANd really, why is all that necessary? He HAS a great voice - he is very talented, but crap like that just detracts from it and makes me want to run the other way. I'm not a prude by any means, but to me, that was offensive and just unnecessary.

Adam will have to pay a PR price as media outlets try to walk the fine line between placating those offended by his actions and those who want to take advantage of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/2....gma/index.html

Fuskie

Who didn't see the performance, but would have assumed that Lambert was not performing for parents...

Maybe it just doesn't matter to Adam. I dunno. Maybe Adam meant the finger literally and will choose how he performs or not perform at all. I'm thinking he might rethink that performance but hey, I dunno. I mean somebody had to know what he was up to. Did he get no advice or poor advice or will it turn out to be a stroke of brilliance? We shall see. Me personally; I thought it was tackoir but I am probably 10 years older than Adam and somewhat conservative. I think he has a fabulous voice and I have adored him in every interview I've watched. I work with a lot of gay people and will ask them what they thought when I go back to work.

I work with a lot of gay people and will ask them what they thought when I go back to work.

Oh they'll love that.

Fuskie

Who expects they will have diverse opinions just like straight ppl do...

When I met him he was very gracious and kind- and I'm saying this as one who was not the biggest Adam Lambert fan before I met him. He totally changed my opinion of him in 5 min time! I think he just wants to be true to himself and doesn't want anyone-gay or straight- to pigeonhole him.

Adam will have to pay a PR price as media outlets try to walk the fine line between placating those offended by his actions and those who want to take advantage of them.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/11/2....gma/index.html

Fuskie

Who didn't see the performance, but would have assumed that Lambert was not performing for parents...

This made me pretty sad when I read it, but I guess ABC got over 1,500 complaint calls about Adam's performance; so I understand.

I was very happy to see that CBS decided to have him on, did anyone catch him on the Early Show?

No, no, no. DO NOT feel weird !!

You absolutely did NOT come off like that or appear to misrepresenting yourself - that is just a feeling I got because you do seem to know a lot of him. Your avatars have been of Wicked or the like, your location is the stage door, that is why I thought perhaps you were a cast member with him.

IMO - you DO know him - you've spoken to him, met him so you DO know him. He does come off as a great guy, just trying to do his thing. You have every right to be excited for him and to express that.

In NO WAY was my question a slam, or meant to be a dig or ANYTHING negative. If anything it was meant as a positive, because, I was excited to think that I "know" someone that KNOWS him - LOL

Sorry if I made you think it was a shot at you !!

Lucky you - I can only see him in pics !! I have seen Wicked and LOVED it myself - How I would LOVE to have seen it with him in it !!

Oh, I didn't think you were taking a shot at me or anything! I just hate people who talk like they know celebrities when they don't, I just didn't want to be "that girl", ya know? :lol: I have kept pretty close tabs on him over the years, and there is a whole section of a Wicked mb that I post on dedicated to him, so I can understand why you would think that. Definitely no hard feelings! :)

Seems like you have great taste in musicals! :P Wicked is an amazing show for sure, spectacular even, but seeing him as Fiyero(especially since he was just the understudy) made it even more special. He's the best singer (and dancer!) I've ever seen in the role...there might be footage of it on youtube if anyone's curious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qv9RhUwMQT0

Adam's official For Your Entertainment video, I am seriously in love with this guy!...OOZES SEX!!!

Love the video! :drool: Could he be any more gorgeous?!

I thought it was inappropriate.. I mean, if he wants to do that at his shows go for it, cause people will expect it. that wouldnt bother me at all, he can do that all he wants..

But it wasn't the place to act that way. In my oppinion..

I was never a fan of the guy anyway, too theater-y.

I thought it was inappropriate.. I mean, if he wants to do that at his shows go for it, cause people will expect it. that wouldnt bother me at all, he can do that all he wants..

But it wasn't the place to act that way.

exactly - If I'm buying ticket to see him, then I know what i'm getting but something like an awards show - its too general an audience to do something like that

I am no prude but, I even felt the Madonna/Brittney thing wasnt the right place for that - at the least they should have pixeled it out so parents could have said it was fake to their children that may have seen it who were too young for that

JMO

exactly - If I'm buying ticket to see him, then I know what i'm getting but something like an awards show - its too general an audience to do something like that

I am no prude but, I even felt the Madonna/Brittney thing wasnt the right place for that - at the least they should have pixeled it out so parents could have said it was fake to their children that may have seen it who were too young for that

JMO

I agree Joni!

Adam saying that women can get away with doing sexy stuff on TV and men can't......I've never liked seeing women doing sexy stuff on Prime TV.......Children don't need to see stuff like that.

Adam was a contestant on a family based prime-time show.....most of his Idol fans are under the age of 18......out of respect to his young fans he should have been more decent on the AMA show. I rooted and voted for him and he has disappointed me. He has a wonderful talent.......too bad that parents will be afraid to take their children to see him in concert.

jmho :pixiedust:

As far as ABC is concerned, the controversy surrounding Adam Lambert still hasn't cooled down enough for him to be handled. For the second time, the network has cancelled an appearance by the onetime American Idol favorite.

"Yes, sadly friends, ABC has canceled my appearances on Kimmel and NYE," Lambert, 27, wrote on his Twitter account. "

http://www.cnn.com/2009/SHOWBIZ/Music/12/0....abc/index.html

Fuskie

Who didn't think anything was too controversial for late night television...

Advertisers don't like surprises. Networks owe their existence to advertisers. IMO, Adam should have seen the way the wind was blowing when he came in 2nd on AI. Some people can get away with it; some cannot. Apparently, Adam Lambert cannot; yet. If Adam wants to be as big a star as he can be then he possibly needs to tone it down. It's a tough business and newcomers never call the shots. Ask Adam.

Advertisers don't like surprises. Networks owe their existence to advertisers. IMO, Adam should have seen the way the wind was blowing when he came in 2nd on AI. Some people can get away with it; some cannot. Apparently, Adam Lambert cannot; yet. If Adam wants to be as big a star as he can be then he possibly needs to tone it down. It's a tough business and newcomers never call the shots. Ask Adam.

The rules of the Jungle. Adam is learning fast. I thought he came across really well on Ellen. I would like to think that those were his sincere thoughts and not what some executive told him would be smart to say.

Living Room

Living Room

Please enter your display name