American Idol Group 3 Performances Discussion

kayo

3rdgroup.jpg

I'm most looking forward to hearing Scott (of course!), Felicia, Kristen,

Taylor, Jorge and Alex sing.

I'll enjoy WATCHING Von sing...kind of like this baby:

baby watches Von sing

And, of course, Lil is the lock for the final twelve in this round...

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah lil is a lock if she doesnt choke

no black singers has advance yet

the show needs diversity

this group on paper isnt all that hot compared to the rest

Lil is very talented, so I would agree she will move on. And yeah, they do need the diversity. I hope this group just friggin rocks it out because for the most part, the first two rounds have been a little weak.

Dude, that's 3 girls - not gonna happen!

PS - I think Scott's biggest competition among the guys is Jorge. I can't stand Nathaniel (he's a mess and should have been cut a while back), I don't like Von, and I don't even remember the other two.

the guys are better

none of girls have really big voices like years past

I'm thinking we might have some nice surprises in this group- well, at least I'm hoping! There are so many great female vocalists in this round that I do think that we'll see 2 girls advance instead of 2 guys though. Which doesn't bode well for Scott but, hey, let the best voices win. IMO he'll either do great or be totally uncomfortable without his piano. He does have a huge disadvantage in that aspect because he can't focus on people faces or the camera to engage the audience while he's singing. I mean that's why Ray Charles and Stevie Wonder stay with their pianos too! Hey, maybe he should get some really cool Elton John-style sunglasses...heh,heh (jk, Scott.). Anyway, I'm pretty sure I know his list of five songs he's selected to choose from and I'm really hoping he picks the right one (fingers crossed!). A couple of them would definitely NOT work well for him in this format, imo, but at least 2 of them might be brilliant choices. Can't wait for next week no matter what happens!

I just don't know what's wrong with me. Maybe it's been too long since auditions and Hollywood week, but other than Lil who seems like a lock based on her edit, Scott, ditto, and Nathaniel who made me cringe everytime he was on screen, none of the others made any lasting impression on me! :animated_scratchchin:

Same problem, Sono, I simply don't remember most of them beyond the two you mentioned. I don't actually remember Jorge either, but it sticks in my head for some reason that the judges were gaga over him, but my memory has been known to be wrong! (not often though :animated_rotfl: )

joanne was supposed to be the star of the group

but she got kicked out

joanne was supposed to be the star of the group

Oh you're right- I forgot about that! But I like Felicia Barton, her replacement, way more. I remember seeing a few youtube videos of her before they were taken down and she has a much better voice. I hope she does well.

My favorites in this group are Lil, Kristin, Von and Alex. Some of my favorites in the other groups have choked badly so I'll wait & see.

I agree with everyone that Lil will surely be one of the top 3. She is so talented I can't imagine her not making it.

After the last two groups performed, I am not sure of ANY of these contestants. Lil got a lot of airtime, but if she chooses the wrong song? Scott is an emotional favorite for many but will he do well without his piano? Von has some serious pipes, but will he learn to control it prior to performance? Jorge will have the Mexican-American vote for sure, but will his song choice suit his style and get the rest of America behind him?

All I know is that as a viewer... I hope this group picks better songs than the prior 2 groups.

King, that is what I thought about Anoop after all his airplay. I also thought that about Matt Giraud after Hollywood week.

Now that I think about it... I also thought Danny Gokey's friend was a lock to make it to the top 36. He should have been there. My opinion.

Not sure how much it has been mentioned... Kristen was in the Top 10 of Nashville Star a couple seasons ago... I have been going to the tapings of those shows for a few years now, and had the pleasure of meeting her each week. She is very sweet and I do hope she does well tonight. I'm not sure how much 'experience' the others have performing in front of a live audience on tv... Kristen went out at #5 on NS so at least she shouldn't have stage fright tonight...

kristen annoys me ever since her group week

right up there with tatiana in annoyance factor and her buddy nathaniel