American Idol Group 2 Performances Discussion

kayo

GROUP 2 GIRLS

(sorry the photos are so small! Also, when I tried to do the group 2 photo collage it said I was over the limit at 10, so I'm having to put the guys and girls in separate posts. I'm sure someone else could do much better, but this what I could come up with at 1 am, so it'll have to do!

mishavonnahensonfz1.jpgjeaninevailesqn5.jpgjesselangsethuu2.jpgallisonirahetato6.jpgjasminemurrayfs1.jpgmegancorkreyrf8.jpg

Mishavonna Henson

Jeanine Vailes

Jesse Langseth

Allison Iraheta

Jasmine Murray

Megan Corkrey

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Group 2 Guys

adamlamberttm1.jpgkaikalamahd0.jpgkrisallenwg3.jpgmattbreitzkewe7.jpgmattgiraudif5.jpgnickmitchellkp4.jpg

Adam Lambert
Kai Kalama
Kris Allen
Matt Breitzke
Matt Giraud
Nick Mitchell

I have no idea who I would want to vote for from this group. I won't know until after the performances on Wednesday night. I recognize a couple of them, but I think that if they want it, they better bring it!

Yeah, I'm gonna pretty much wait and see too, although I'm hoping that Megan and Jesse do well. Jasmine's tone is just too nasal for me so I doubt she could change my opinion but we'll see.

As far as the guys go- Adam is probably a lock for the top guy (going by the fanbase), but I'm personally rooting for Matt Giraud to knock it out of the park. Kris Allen is a mystery guy so I'm looking forward to hearing him sing (Jeanine Vailes too)...he's also good-looking and I enjoyed Kris's short interview with Jesse.. So down-to-earth. Hoping he does well. I'm also looking forward to Nick Mitchell's entertaining us but I don't particularly want him to move on.

Hey, I just found this clip of Kris Allen singing "Over the Rainbow" (the same version Jason Castro performed last season). NICE. Much better than Jason's version.

Kris Allen sings Over the Rainbow

I agree - I don't know who to root for in this group. I'm hoping at least one or two step up and prove themselves with their performance. I just know I don't think Nick has any business being there and he annoys the crap out of me. So I have one to root against for sure.

this new format stinks

it favor the idol's that got the most exposure prior in the hollywood week and audition rd

its so cheap that you'll only have to sing well once live and make the top 12

this new format stinks

it favor the idol's that got the most exposure prior in the hollywood week and audition rd

its so cheap that you'll only have to sing well once live and make the top 12

I completely agree!

OMG, who thought up this format for AI? He/she ought to be shot. Randomly placing singers in groups of 12 and giving them only one shot at offering a stunning performance, is stupid. Some idiot is going to make it thru while a good singer goes home because he didn't get enough votes because he was in a much tougher group.

I don't find Nick entertaining; I find him obnoxious and won't miss him when he goes home. Only one I remember as being outstanding is Adam.

They need to take the time they wasted on the parents and other BS and let the singers sing another song. Leave the parents in the audience.

There are two sides to this for me. Some good singers might get cut due to a lack of exposure on previous episodes, but in previous years, we practically knew who was going to win before the top 12 even started. I didn't like that. It made it seem like the competition dragged on. So I'm glad that they shortened it a bit. However... it will depend on who gets brought back for the wild card round. Remember... they get more than one shot if the judges saw enough during Hollywood week and their group performance number. Do you honestly want to see more than ONE episode with Tatiana in it? I'm dreading her coming back for the wild card round (if she gets chosen). Great artists should know how to showcase their voice the best and be able to blow us all away. If they don't do that when it matters most... well... too bad, so sad. Many new artists have the same problems. If they don't pick/write the right songs and perform them well, they won't gather a following.

I don't even REMEMBER who Megan Corkery is, but she apparently sang well enough to get king's attention (either that or she's just a hot looking babe.. LOL). Remember that Kelly Clarkson was hardly showcased during Hollywood week and she ended up becoming the dark horse winner because she brought her A game every time.

Misha.. me and my good friend who always watches it both watched the episode, and the next day she we were talking IDOL, and she said "Did you hear that girl with the sleeve tattoo (Megan Corkery)? She was amazing!"

And I agreed..

She has a very Differnt voice, but it stands out, and blows you away (from the one song she sang)

She is a single mom, cute, and has a sleeve tattoo, and its not tacky either..

EDIT: I found it.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aIB119m3bs

See, she has the type of voice, you don't know what she will sing next, or how it will sound.. But apparently judges liked it good enough to advance her every week...

And I guess she wasnt even borderline during any of them either, or they would have shown it for drama.

ok...now I remember her. Thanks for posting yt link.

I do like her...interesting and different...as the judges said. Let's see what else she can do...