"Clean Sweep"

Guest XandraSkye

Guest XandraSkye

I was home sick for the past four days and I did a lot of TV watching and I caught an episode of this show. Does anyone else watch this show? And, do you think you need to be on this show? It's amazing how people can live in such clutter. I would go crazy being surrounded by that much clutter. I'm a little bit of a organizing freak myself. My mom has said to me on quite a few occasions that I should think about going into business for myself helping people get organized.

A couple of weekends ago I helped my mom clean out her walk-in closet, which you could only step one foot into, and I asked her the same type of questions that the "Organizing Expert" on the show asks people when trying to decide on whether to keep things or not. So maybe I should think about making a career change. :wink:

Guest ranster627

I confess to watching this show since it started. In the old days we rotated between two organizers ... I preferred the other one ... NOW it is all Peter all the time, and I must say he grates on my last nerves.

All that being said, when I had renovations done to my condo last year, literally from top to bottom: I used many of the tips I learned from this show and downsized my clutter! I have also become an organization freak, enhancing my life. Cleaning up is so easy now because everything has its place!

Things that had been in boxes for years became great finds to sell ... after all, out of sight was out of mind, and any sentimental attachments became long lost when I realized that they were just in glorified storage anyway!

Great show though for ideas ... even though I am not necessarily a fan of some of the cast!

Guest XandraSkye

I have a friend who's a little bit of a pack rat and her house is always on the dirty side (she blames her two young kids and her 9 pets) but I have to say that even her house doesn't look as bad as some of these houses I've seen on this show.

Actually, now that I think about it, her bedroom does and so does her family room. Maybe I should urge her apply for the show. I've actually thought about applying her for that Lifetime show "How Clean Is Your House" behind her back.

Guest ranster627
I have a friend who's a little bit of a pack rat and her house is always on the dirty side (she blames her two young kids and her 9 pets) but I have to say that even her house doesn't look as bad as some of these houses I've seen on this show. 

Actually, now that I think about it, her bedroom does and so does her family room.  Maybe I should urge her apply for the show.  I've actually thought about applying her for that Lifetime show "How Clean Is Your House" behind her back.

I have a sister like that! ... and she can't blame anyone! She keeps and displays everything ... you are exhausted in every room as there is so much distraction!

I often wonder what these people find important to them when everything is displayed equally and yet nothing "stands out".

I would love to submit her, but I actually think she would be devastated because she takes such pride in all that stuff!

Guest conniejoe

OK, OK already! I admit it. I keep everything! I'm a packrat. I'm disorganized. I'm sloppy. I'm Oscar and you two are Felix!

I cannot stand this Clean Sweep show. It gives me a headache. If these ppl would come to my door, I'd say "No thank you" and shut it.

Now, if someone would just wave a magic wand and the clutter disappeared, that's fine. But if I have to go through all this crap, forget about it. It's too much work....it's not gonna happen in my lifetime!

I have made attempts at various junctures in my life to get organized, but I've come to the realization that my brain just doesn't work that way.

Guest ranster627
OK, OK already! I admit it. I keep everything! I'm a packrat. I'm disorganized. I'm sloppy. I'm Oscar and you two are Felix!

I cannot stand this Clean Sweep show. It gives me a headache. If these ppl would come to my door, I'd say "No thank you" and shut it.

Now, if someone would just wave a magic wand and the clutter disappeared, that's fine. But if I have to go through all this crap, forget about it. It's too much work....it's not gonna happen in my lifetime!

I have made attempts at various junctures in my life to get organized, but I've come to the realization that my brain just doesn't work that way.

I have never been referred to as Felix before, but I'll take it!

By the way, I wasn't always this way, just had a chance for a clean start and went hogwild!

I love this show. It has been helpful to me in some ways. I'm a bit of a packrat, but nothing like what they show on Clean Sweep. I tend to keep my clutter down to a small pile by my bed that I sort through every so often and deal with. I try to be organized. :shock:

Guest XandraSkye

I'm actually not much of cleaner. I only dust and vacuum about every other 3rd week or so. But I do keep my room very neat and everything has a place and is in it's place. And the kitchen doesn't get too messy because I'm good about doing dishes right away. I can't stand cooking in a kitchen when there are dirty dishes in the sink. It gives me an uneasy feeling.

Conniejoe: No wonder you are on the PC so much, you probably are baricaded in your PC room. :twisted: Just kidding. :lol:

I'm actually not much of cleaner.  I only dust and vacuum about every other 3rd week or so.  But I do keep my room very neat and everything has a place and is in it's place.  And the kitchen doesn't get too messy because I'm good about doing dishes right away.  I can't stand cooking in a kitchen when there are dirty dishes in the sink.  It gives me an uneasy feeling.

LOL...you're just like me XS....I don't like to clean all that often (except for the bathroom) but I do keep things relatively neat and tidy and I always do my dishes right away.

I love watching Clean Sweep, but NO WAY would I let them throw out my clothes and my other "junk"!! So what if I have 200 pairs of underwear or 30 pairs of shoes or 20 bags or 5 pairs of black pants or 10 pairs of jeans....why should I have to throw some of them out just because I have too many?? No way would I let them into my home....

Guest XandraSkye

There would never be a need for them to come into my house because my house would NEVER look like that.

Right now the only thing that is just laying out in my room is my portable DVD player and it's bugged me I haven't put it away yet. The only reason I haven't is because I'm sick and I don't have the enery to do anything but press the buttons on my remote control. :D

Guest ranster627

Maybe I have an advantage in this one because as a wheelchair user, I have no choice but to be organized as obstacles can impede my abilities!

I learned long ago that little piles are easier to move than large ones!

I wouldn't let them in either, but that is because I think the highly sanctimonious Peter has no business in giving life lessons ... very poorly constructed scenes with him and far too preachy! Sometimes a mess is just a mess and not some deep dark psycho-emotional problem waiting for rescue or recognition!