Jewel and Dmitry Chaplin

Dade

Jewel

PROFESSION:

Singer-songwriter

PARTNER:

Dmitry Chaplin

BACKGROUND:

She grew up on a remote ranch in Alaska where her family were original pioneers. From poverty and teen homelessness, to the triumph of international stardom, the three-time Grammy nominee has enjoyed career longevity rare among her generation of artists and has sold twenty-seven million albums worldwide. Her debut album "Pieces of You" became one of the best selling debut albums of all time, going platinum twelve times. Last year, singer/songwriter Jewel released her first country record "Perfectly Clear" which debuted at #1 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In May 2009, she will release an album of original and traditional lullabies. Jewel lives on a working ranch in Stephenville, Texas with her husband, World Champion bull-riding superstar, Ty Murray.

should have a big fan base

should be a contender

the females seem way stronger then the guys

thanks i didnt read the bio

• 2 weeks later...

She posted on her blog that she was injured and that her knee is all swollen so she may actually have to quit before it even starts!

The Bee's Knees

Posted in From Jewel on February 25, 2009

Well, I feel kinda bummed today.

I guess I really over did it on the rehearsal front! My knees have been hurting so badly that I finally broke down and talked to Ty's knee doctor yesterday. He said I have tendonitis in my knees and that I have to start a course of medicine to try and bring the swelling down. Yuck! It's mainly my left knee, and I can't believe I hurt it so badly... Ty warned me I was over doing it, and now he got a big ol' 'I told you so' in. The worst part is that I can't rehearse for the next couple days. It was just so fun to dance 8 hours a day- especially considering I only had 3 weeks to cram not only for my first dance- cha cha, but to learn the fundamentals of about 6 other dances that I will have to know. But now I'm just worried I won't even be able to dance! Hopefully these steroids will really do the trick and I can keep bad flare ups at a bay in the future.

I hate being idle! I am happiest when I'm kinda busy- but there's nothing I can do about it but go to rehab and rest. I have my first rehab appointment today, so I will see what that's like. Hopefully it helps the pain. Ty said 'Slow and steady will win the race...' sage advice, but my Russian partner and I have the same work ethic and our motto has been "ATTACK!!" Well, it bit me in the behind, so I will have to bide my time and practice my moves in my heard. It's actually really helpful. Anyway, just keeping you guys posted. I will try and do a video blog with Dmitry, so stay tuned...

Glad you guys are excited about "Lullaby" (oh, that is the official title, not "Sweet Dreams For You," though I know an article was written about the album with the incorrect title; but its definitely "Lullaby.")

I'm gonna ice my knee- talk to you all soon!

xxj

Courtesy of: REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With the Stars: Jewel May Not Be Dancing This Season

February 26, 2009 02:00:10 by Paulene Hinds

The season premiere of Dancing With The Stars is set to air on March 9, but there may have to be a replacement for one of the contestants already. Singer Jewel has tendonitis in her knees that is severely aggravated and it could cause her to be forced out of the competition.

Jewel blogged in an entry titled The Bee

Courtesy of: REALITYBLURRED

Jewel will keep dancing despite injury, is okay with husband