Ty Murray and Chelsie Hightower

Dade

Ty Murray

PROFESSION:

Rodeo athlete

PARTNER:

Chelsie Hightower

BACKGROUND:

Ty Murray has been labeled the most accomplished rodeo athlete in the century-long history of the sport. With a record-setting seven All-Around World Championship titles and two bull riding world titles under his belt, Murray has truly earned his nickname as "King of the Cowboys." Now retired from competition, Murray spends his time with his singer-songwriter wife, Jewel, on their 2,100-acre private ranch in Stephenville, Texas. Murray may have retired in the arena but he hasn't slowed down as a cowboy. In 2004, Murray helped shepherd National Day of the Horse unanimously through the U.S. Senate, encouraging Americans "to be mindful of the contribution of horses to economy, history and character of the United States." He runs his working cattle ranch and trains horses throughout the year. Additionally, he remains active with the Professional Bull Riders, Inc. (PBR), an organization he and 19 other elite bull riders founded in 1992. Murray serves as a board advisor, promotes a top level bull riding event in his hometown, and provides TV commentary for PBR events on NBC and VERSUS.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never heard of him

fan base maybe too low

i see his wife is in the comp too

• 2 weeks later...

i missed his dance but i read he wasnt good

so i didnt miss anything

very very good 7-8

big improvement

I like this guy, he makes me laugh. What is so endearing about him is that he's not trying to be funny, just comes out that way. His dancing is getting much better, I must say. He handled that fall like a real trooper. I like Chelsie too.

He is my favorite. He looks really good out there. I think Chelsie was a little embarrassed by the fall, but it's a good example to the all, how it can happen to anyone, but you still have to keep going.

She has done amazing things with Ty. He was so stiff that first week. And now he's absolutely charming.

Do you think other pros might give their stars the opportunity to be the strong one once in awhile now? Shoot- if I was Cheryl, I'd be wanting to fall into that beautiful mans arms as much as possible. Catch me Gilles ( or whatever his name is)

Still my favorite -- hands down. I love what this guy can do --so far out of his comfort zone. I know he's not the best dancer, but he has come such a long way, and Chelsie is gorgeous. What a wonderful job she's doing with him. Jewel is a lucky girl -- he seems like such a sweetheart.

I know he won't win, but he'd better last longer than the Steves, Holly, even Lil Kim, DAG and Lawrence Taylor. Nothing against the last 3, but I'd rather see Ty.

I think he's dancing really well -- and not just dancing well for a cowboy. I really like to see this. I do enjoy watching those who are really wonderful dancers, but it starts to get like more of a professional competition with some of them. Some have a little (or a lot) of dancing in their backgrounds -- some are just naturally talented and more comfortable with it.

Ty was definitely not comfortable with it at first, but he's a wonderful student with a fantastic teacher. I just may have to break down and actually vote for him.