Steve Wozniak and Karina Smirnoff

Dade

Steve Wozniak

PROFESSION:

Apple co-founder, philanthropist

PARTNER:

Karina Smirnoff

BACKGROUND:

A Silicon Valley icon and philanthropist for the past three decades, Steve Wozniak, a.k.a. "The Woz," helped shape the computer industry with his design of Apple's first line of products, the Apple I and II, and influenced the popular Macintosh. After leaving Apple Computer Inc. in 1985, Wozniak was involved in various business and philanthropic ventures, focusing primarily on computer capabilities in schools and stressing hands-on learning and encouraging creativity for students. In 2000, he was inducted into the Inventors Hall of Fame and was awarded the prestigious Heinz Award for Technology, The Economy and Employment. Wozniak is also a published author with the release of his New York Times Best Selling autobiography, iWoz: From Computer Geek to Cult Icon, in September 2006.

funny jovial guy

go steve

probably wont be the best but he'll have a blast

• 3 weeks later...

Bet Karina is PO'd. She drew from the bottom of the barrel.

Which reminds me - does anyone know how they pick the partners? I've often wondered about that. Every year someone gets stuck with someone who just doesn't have any rhythm.

wow i am a fan of his being a tech guy

but the dancing was horrendous

Uh oh -- Looks like the Woz has a lot of fans who think he's just great. As I have said, his charm escapes me, but if you like him, swell. However, now it looks like we're going to have to watch him sweating on Karina, probably longer than those of us catty enough to get pleasure from that, will even enjoy.

I will have to take pleasure where I can, and it sure won't be from his dancing.

Courtesy of: REALITLY TV MAGAZINE

Dancing With the Stars: Steve Wozniak Has a Fractured Foot!

March 12, 2009 11:00:51 by Paulene Hinds

There has to be a Dancing With The Stars curse! Before this season even began Dancing With The Stars lost two of its contestants when both Jewel and Nancy O

6 for effort

He is better than some of the "older" stiffs they've had on this show. He's having fun, but he's no race horse. I gotta give him his props for being out there on a broken foot though. But he is not a dancer!

He's totally growing on me. There are way more boring girls I want to see go before him. Sorry Belinda, Holly, and especially Denise. I really don't care if they dance well, or not. But Steve is fun to watch -- for now.

I totally agree...especially about the Belinda thing. Wow, what a mess. It's actually painful for me to watch her because I grew up singing her songs at all the talent shows. But ya, Heaven is NOT a place on Earth when she dances... she needs to go soon before making more of a fool out of herself.

Steve though, he can get away with it because he has that kind of clown personality.

Okay, he was a mess, but I thought the judges were just awful. Seriously, Cloris was worse than that any given week, and they never shredded her like that. He is really trying so hard, but a dancer he is not.

Now this is my first season...so be kind...but it feels to me like her is just as some of you say, a novelty...like that is why he was thrown is. He bugs me a bit

but seriously...thanks for the computer :-p

Well...log story short, he did better than I would have...and I take ballet :-p

-Kyo

I thought they were a little unnecessarily mean last night too. He does try. And, the 'mean girl' in me still things it's funny that Karina has to put up with him. I think he would drive me bananas, if I had to spend too much time with him.

But there are still people I would like to see go before him. Holly ( although she's a bad dancer, I liked her last night--- I really thought I would hate her, but she seems kind of sweet-- but still -- horrible dancer. It was cute though, when she said her partner really wished he had Jewel back) And skeevy Denise. I think she looks like crap with all that heavy make up on. She looks like some 60 year old, trying to look 20 something. She would look better if they eased up with the make-up trowel a little...

Oh, but this is the Woz's thread..... he'll probably be in the bottom 2 again -- and just thrilled to death that he gets to dance with Karina again...Oh, you lucky lucky man!

That is true. I'm not a big fan of the Woz, but there are still some I'd like to see go before him. I think many of them are just a yawn, rather that really really bad. Because Steve is really really bad....but at least we pay attention.