America's Next Top Model 12

Dade

Courtesy of: ZAP2IT

Meet Your 'America's Next Top Model 12' Contestants

The latest cycle of the reality show premieres Feb. 25

By Hanh Nguyen

January 28, 2009

Fo, 'America's Next Top Model 12'Can London take the fashion world by storm? Or will the intriguingly named Fo or Aminat become a household name? Yes, it's another crop of leggy beauties on "America's Next Top Model."

The CW announced Wednesday (Jan. 28) the 13 lucky contestants take to the catwalk as the competitors on the 12th cycle of "America's Next Top Model," which will premiere on Wednesday, Feb. 25 at 8 p.m. ET/PT.

Among the supermodel wannabes are non-profit organizer Kortnie, who is ancient by the show's standards at 24, New Orleans artist Allison and several students who have put their academic career on hold to pursue their runway dreams.

The winner of the competition will win management by Elite Model Management, a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl and a cover and six-page spread in Seventeen magazine.

As always, Tyra Banks will be the host/mentor/mail carrier as well as sit on the judging panel with supermodel Paulina Porizkova, photographer Nigel Barker and runway expert J. Alexander. Jan Manuel will return as the director of photo shoots.

The "America's Next Top Model 12" contestants:

Name: Allison

Hometown: New Orleans, Louisiana

Name: Aminat

Hometown: Union, New Jersey

Name: Celia

Hometown: Cynthiana, Kentucky

Name: Fo

Hometown: Albuquerque, New Mexico

Name: Isabella

Hometown: Barboursville, Virginia

Name: Jessica

Hometown: Bradenton, Florida

Name: Kortnie

Hometown: Houston, Texas

Name: London

Hometown: Arlington, Texas

Name: Natalie

Hometown: Palos Verdes, California

Name: Nijah

Hometown: Rancho Cucamonga, California

Name: Sandra

Hometown: Rockville, Maryland

Name: Tahlia

Hometown: Phoenix, Arizona

Name: Teyona

Hometown: Woodstown, New Jersey

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just from the first 5 minutes, I thought this was definitely a great bunch. The last time I thought that was cycle 8. I'm rooting for Fo all the way.

And they showed a commercial where Tyra is looking for models that are 5'7 or under for cycle 13. Why haven't they capitalized on the male models? you know it's been brought to them, but why haven't they ever done a whole show with men?

Where do they find these girls?! Casting is so obviously based on who will provide the most drama or has the biggest sob story. Maybe there are 2 or 3 that have potential to be a model...the rest are just there to make it "interesting" :rolleyes:....ugh!

I have no favorites...yet anyway...

Well, my first victim has been snuffed out. I thought it was gone, but it seems my reality TV jinx is back in a big way. I picked Isabella as my favorite before the show started. I'm gonna wait til next week to pick a new favorite.

I do know that I hate Sandra so that means she'll probably make it to the finale.

Just a few initial observations: Tahlia will turn me off if she doesn't stop playing the victim soon. I love Fo's freckles. Kortnie has the most beautiful face. I love Aminat's hair, I hope they don't cut it all off at the makeover. The one with the blood fetish is weird (Allison?). The rest didn't make enough of an impression on me to comment.

I was too sedated to remember anything, and to sedated to ask my husband to DVR it for me, so I missed the first episode... I'm in the middle of my medicine cycle right now, so that I'm not too out of it, but I am still out of it somewhat... So if things aren't making my sense, ignore me hahaha...

I picked Isabella as my favorite before the show started. I'm gonna wait til next week to pick a new favorite.

Same here jersey! I was cursing when I realized she would be leaving. My sister laughed and said "that's what you get for already picking a favourite".

Can't stand Sandra... and like jersey, because of that, she will go to the end *sigh*

Oh bleh... Sandra's a favorite. She screwed up both the shoot and the runway, and was a snot to that one girl who picked a fight. I know that girl shouldn't have gotten in her face, but to go back to being 5 years old -- Sandra started it. And honestly, she should have been reprimanded too, for being confrontational.

Wish they would have left her sleep on the floor.

But back to the elimination -- for me, Sandra didn't do anything right, so why is she still there? Isabella seemed to try harder, and did get the runway right. She seemed inexperienced, and got more nervous as they went along, but apparently, nervousness is only an acceptable excuse for Sandra.

Sometimes I think Tyra and Co. are too nonchalant about the eliminations, but then I have to call myself a hypocrite. I have all the drama on shows like The Biggest Loser, when they act like they are sending people to their deaths when they are eliminated. So when I think about that, I'm very glad they act that way. They don't act like it's the end of the world, and Tyra even told her that this wasn't the end. It's actually refreshing.

And yet again -- no one seems to have anything positive to say about Sandra, except Sandra. Her group won the Cover girl challenge thing, but she was criticized for not saying anything. So -- she didn't contribute. And her photo shoot was bad. But she wasn't even close to the bottom 2. I know a lot of them had trouble with this shoot, but so far, Sandra has done nothing right. She seems to be getting a pass. She'll probably be like the winner -- can't remember her name, but the one with the 'Tootie' haircut-- and win the whole thing. Tyra's pet.

I think the tootie haircut was Sayesha (or something like that.) I can never remember their names. I cannot recall any of this season's girls names...yet anyways...except for Sandra. She's made an impression already :rolleyes: She was somewhat subdued this episode...and the make over looked really good on her.

The "pretty" girl that went home...(was she a novella star or was Noele just joking about that?)...anyway (I don't recall her name right now) she did not have the worst picture by far. The one girl with the long dark weave (I don't recall her name either...Aisha??? lol) the judges all said was ugly in her picure should have gone...no question. What was up with that?

Tyra is weird...the cornball routine of playing secret agent on the camera phone was ridiculous..per ususal.

Courtesy of: CNN

'Top Model' audition ends in chaos; six injured

NEW YORK (CNN) -- Three people were arrested Saturday after chaos broke out at an "America's Next Top Model" audition at a New York hotel, police said.

"America's Next Top Model," which airs on the CW network, is entering its 12th cycle.

Six people were injured, and two of them sought treatment at a hospital, authorities said.

Police said they didn't know what provoked the bedlam, which resulted in three people being charged with disorderly conduct and inciting a riot in connection to the incident at the Park Central New York hotel in Manhattan.

The audition was shut down after the incident, authorities said.

Calls to Park Central management were not immediately returned on Saturday.

The "Top Model" competition, hosted and produced by supermodel Tyra Banks and aired by the CW network, is in its 12th cycle.