Wanted

ElleNaturelle

I had wanted to see this movie since it came out but can't handle how loud the theatres are but do wish I would have sucked it up and seen it on the big screen. I rented it today and WOW I wasn't disappointed. I didn't really like the beginning, but it definitely sets you up to enjoy the end more...way more. WOW, just WOW!

I don't want to say too much and spoil it for those who are waiting, but ya, don't wait any longer, rent it. It's fanfriggentastic!

Is this the one with Angelina Jolie?

:inquisitive: Really? I gotta say, I found it to be pretty craptastic...well...read my posts & those of other unhappy viewers:

I took "Wanted" out of my DVD player after 25 minutes of crap dialog & that bad CG car chase/ really bad CG of the kid getting crammed into the passenger seat walked it right back to Blockbuster. Does that count?

I am not a Jolie fan, but she was the least offensive thing in that 25 minutes.

----------------

BobbyD :

Agreed. I heard it's Battleship Earth baaaad. I'm fitting my running shoes as we speak!

-----------------

HoneyBunny :

About "Wanted", yeah, it was terrible. It was hundreds of rats eating stinky moldy cheese bad! It was bad in real stupid sloooooooooooooooooooooow motion!

We had mixed reviews at my house.

I hated it and stopped watching after 20 minutes or so because John Mcavoy (not sure about his name) is my favorite actor since 'The King of Scotland' and his performance in this was ruining him for me.

But...

My husband loved it and thought it was one of Jolie's better performances.

You have to give it a chance though. Until Angelina entered the scene, it kind of sucked. I thought the main dude was kind of an ass and found myself actually wanting to have him get killed. Then, there was "that scene" in the pharmacy and I was on the edge of my seat for the remainder of the movie. I found it very clever and action packed. By the end, I was routing for the main dude.

I wonder if it was someone else playing him if it wouldn't have gotten better reviews? He wasn't the best looking, nor was he the best actor, but frig, that one spin and kick move he did was pretty friggen awesome!

• 1 month later...