America's Got Talent 4

Dade

Courtesy of: THEFUTONCRITIC

"AMERICA'S GOT TALENT" IS COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU!

Released by NBC

01.22.09 - 12:27 PM]

[NOTE: The following article is a press release issued by the aforementioned network and/or company. Any errors, typos, etc. are attributed to the original author. The release is reproduced solely for the dissemination of the enclosed information.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AMERICA'S GOT TALENT" IS COMING TO A CITY NEAR YOU!

NBC, FREMANTLEMEDIA NORTH AMERICA AND SYCO TELEVISION LAUNCH THE LARGEST, MOST EXTENSIVE SEARCH FOR TALENT TO DATE FOR SEASON FOUR OF THE HIT TALENT COMPETITION SERIES

(BURBANK, CA - January 22, 2009) - "America's Got Talent," NBC's hit series from "American Idol" producers FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell's SYCO Television, returns this summer to feature the hottest and most unique performers from across the country to the surprise, delight, amusement and entertainment of millions of Americans nationwide.

For season four, the show will travel to over 9 major cities to find talent of all kinds - singers, dancers, contortionists, comedians, jugglers, magicians and everything in between. They will all strut and perform on-stage in the hopes of winning America's hearts and the million-dollar prize.

An insurance salesman/opera singer from Missouri, Neal E. Boyd's life changed forever last August when he was crowned the third season champion. Not only did he win the $1,000,000 grand prize, but he also received the opportunity to perform on the Las Vegas strip, headlining a show at the MGM.

Season two winner, Terry Fator, a ventriloquist from Dallas, Texas, achieved his lifelong dream when he was crowned the second season champion. After winning "America's Got Talent," Fator went on to sign a five-year $100 hundred million-dollar deal to headline at The Mirage in Las Vegas. Beginning February 2009, he will perform 48 weeks a year, 5 nights a week in The Terry Fator Theatre (currently the Danny Gans Theatre).

Open to any talent of any age, "America's Got Talent" offers a unique chance for anyone to perform on a nationwide variety show. Contestants are encouraged to pre-register at http://www.nbc.com/AGT By pre-registering, contestants will be kept up-to-date with the most current information from their audition city.

The open call dates, times and locations are as follows.

PLEASE NOTE: This competition is subject to applicable rules, which are subject to modification at any time at the producer's discretion.

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA Open Call - January 29, 30, 31 Los Angeles Convention Center 1201 S Figueroa St Los Angeles CA 90015

ATLANTA, GEORGIA Open Call - February 7, 8 Location TBD

WASHINGTON D.C. Open Call - February 13, 14 Location TBD

CHICAGO, ILLINOIS Open Call - March 1, 2 Location TBD

Dates/Locations for the additional cities will be announced in the near future. Check website for updates: http://www.nbc.com/8Americas_Got_Talent/

BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS

AUSTIN, TEXAS

NEW YORK, NEW YORK

MIAMI, FLORIDA

SEATTLE, WASHINGTON

"America's Got Talent" (averaging a 3.4 rating, 9 share in adults 18-49 and 12.7 million viewers overall last summer) has scored as the #1 summer series in total viewers for each of the last two years and was up in the summer of 2008 versus the prior year by 11 percent in total viewers (12.7 million vs. 11.4 million). It's a hit with all audience segments, ranking in the top 10 last summer in virtually all meaningful categories, including kids 2-11, teens 12-17, adults 18-34, adults 18-49, adults 25-54 and adults 50-plus.

"America's Got Talent" is produced by FremantleMedia North America and Simon Cowell's SYCO Television. Simon Cowell, Cecile Frot-Coutaz ("American Idol"), Jason Raff, James Sunderland and Georgie Hurford-Jones are executive producers.

• 2 weeks later...

ap_100.jpg

'America's Got Talent' But No Host

springer_AGT_close.jpg

'America's Got Talent' Host Jerry Springer

LOS ANGELES, California -- "America's Got Talent" but it lacks the presence of host Jerry Springer. Springer released a statement Thursday saying he won't take part in the NBC talent contest this summer. Springer said he's leaving the show because of other commitments, including his syndicated talk show and a stage role. He didn't offer details about the play.

Known for his freewheeling talk show, Springer got an image makeover when he appeared in 2006 on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars" and won viewers' affection with his self-deprecating humor and his selfless love for his daughter by learning to waltz for her upcoming wedding while competing on the show.

Springer's stint on "America's Got Talent" followed in summer 2007. Springer called his job on the high-rated show produced by FremantleMedia "an amazing ride." His replacement for the upcoming fourth season wasn't announced Thursday.

Courtesy of; ZAP2IT

Nick Cannon's 'Got Talent'

He replaces Jerry Springer as host of NBC's summer show

By Rick Porter

February 9, 2009

"America's Got Talent" will have a new host this summer, someone a whole lot younger than the two men who've previously filled the job.

Nick Cannon will take over as emcee of NBC's top-performing summer series later this year. The 28-year-old "entertainer/producer and comedian," as NBC describes him, will take over for the soon-to-be 65-year-old Jerry Springer, who in turn assumed the role from Regis Philbin.

Judges Sharon Osbourne, David Hasselhoff and Piers Morgan will remain with the show.

"Nick exemplifies the spirit of 'America's Got Talent' with his talent, originality and an infectious love of performing and creating," says Paul Telegdy, who oversees unscripted programming for NBC. "His popularity and appeal are sure to take the series to a new level of success."

NBC co-chairman Ben Silverman adds that the hosting job is one of "multiple projects" the network hopes to do with Cannon, either in front of or behind the camera.

Cannon has starred in "Drumline," "Roll Bounce" and "The Killing Room," which debuted at the Sundance Film Festival last month. He also made headlines last year for his whirlwind romance and marriage to Mariah Carey. He hosted last year's Teen Choice Awards and hosted an executive produced the improv show "Wild 'N Out" for MTV.

• 3 months later...

Courtesy of; REALITY TV MAGAZINE

Open Casting Call For America

• 1 month later...

I only watch this show sporadically. I don't really like it. It could be that I hate David Hasselhoff or it could be that I've been disappointed with the winners over the past 3 seasons. But I switched it on towards the end of last night's episode and saw that boy, Arcadian. He was the real life embodiment of the film & Broadway character Billy Elliot. I loved him. If he makes it to the live shows, I just might start watching more.

i tried to watch it and i just found it boring.

I only watch this show sporadically. I don't really like it. It could be that I hate David Hasselhoff or it could be that I've been disappointed with the winners over the past 3 seasons. But I switched it on towards the end of last night's episode and saw that boy, Arcadian. He was the real life embodiment of the film & Broadway character Billy Elliot. I loved him. If he makes it to the live shows, I just might start watching more.

Amazing right!? I think Billy Elliot is a perfect comparison...and he did get past all the judges, so I bet he will make it through. If you guys missed him, here's the clip...it's amazing how nimble this little guy is!

OK, last night sealed the deal. I'm officially all in because of this guy . . . Kevin Skinner. He's like the Paul Potts of country music. The judges expected a flop, I didn't know what to expect, the audience was laughing, Nick Cannon was mocking him . . . and then he sings and the entire room goes silent. I hate country music, but I truly felt that this guy epitomizes what this show should be about. An everyday guy with a great talent. Much better than Wes on the Bachelorette and much less of a scumbag.

Kevin Skinner

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...